Technical Program Owner | Director2020 - 2020Freelance
- Led the replatform of a fast-growth B2B commerce site from strategy to launch and beyond, resulting in 30% traffic growth and 15% increased conversions.
- Led the cloud transformation of the site to AWS. Complete ownership from strategy, product, hiring /casting of the team, through delivering with quality and in a timely manner.
- Acted as a single point of accountability for the delivery of the platform. Hands-on with Cloud deployment/AWS, and led front-end developers, back-end developers, testers, and a product manager.
- Defined the scope of the platform and authored the functional specs for all the key elements of the platform for both the storefront and the admin/agent-facing dashboard.
- Defined and executed a data-driven approach for managing eCommerce performance by standing-up Google Analytics custom reports/events, Google Search console and Hotjar for customer experience, Sentry, and Elastic for technical measurement.
Vice President - Customer Success, Service Delivery, and Technology2017 - 2019Pervacio
- Launched a diagnostics product for a large global wireless carrier in 2 countries in Latin America, within 8 weeks of project kickoff.– from team setup through product certification, UAT, and launch. Cross-functional global leadership, including account management, program management, and product teams.
- Drove the market launch and customer adoption of a new product suite that leverages object detection using machine-learning to identify cosmetic defects (scratches, dents, cracks, smudges, etc.,) in smartphones that are traded-in by customers to wireless carriers in retail and at warehouse locations.
- Owned pitch and pilots successfully End-2-end – From business-case definition, buy-in and pitch, through to KPI definitions for the pilots, leading pilot execution across multiple locations, results review, and readout.
- Collaborated with multiple levels of stakeholders with the customer (Exec, SMEs) and acted as the single-point-of ownership internally across hardware, software engineering, product, and field-service teams to ensure the program is delivered successfully for multiple clients with varying schedules.
- Collaborated with client stakeholders in Retail and IT to ensure a smooth deployment to 1500+ retail stores and digital. Provided thought-leadership for client-led activities such as training and communication with store representatives and more to ensure adoption and roll-out of the product.
- Led a critical product pivot mid-stream during the rollout to move from a wired to a mobile app.solution to increase client success outcomes. Led multiple internal teams to arrive and deliver at the needed solution.
- Played multiple roles – customer-success, delivery lead, set up a support center to service technical issues – whatever it took to ensure client success with boundary-less thinking and hands-on execution.
Senior Director/Director2012 - 2017Sapient
- Led large omnichannel digital transformations ($30 million program size, 100-200 people teams) with a focus on commerce, content, and order management platforms.
- Moved the entire digital organization of such retailers (eCommerce, content, order management systems, in-store systems) - technology and people - into new platforms and delivering on the digital transformation.
- Led and delivered on the transformation - partnering with IT and marketing leadership (VPs, SVPs, CIO, CDOs). I have been accountable for the quality of the technology delivery of large digital transformation programs in the areas of eCommerce, content, and order management systems.
- Headed end-to-end client engagement - from strategy/road mapping, through discovery, implementation, launch, and post-launch ongoing support.
- Engaged with the CIO/CMOs to influence the vision and direction *and* roll-up the sleeves and get into the details with the core-working-teams to actually make the change happen.
- Shaped and sold large client engagements of all types (strategy, discovery, design, implementation, and support), casting the right team, ultimate quality accountability and escalation of all technology work delivered in the retail vertical, nurturing and growing client executive relationships and overall technology team morale and performance.
- Managed a few strategic accounts on a day-to-day basis supporting complex solutions decisions, reviewing the quality of teams' work, and guiding the client through complex technology solutions and decisions.
Senior Manager/Manager2005 - 2012Sapient
- Served as the lead architect for ATG Commerce re-platform for a $40 billion telco. The focus of re-platform was personalization and maintainability. Built and delivered a telco eCommerce engine with all of the multi-level business rules of device-accessory, device-plan and contract management complexity. Extensive integration with telco back-end systems.
- Acted as the integration architect for the merger of commerce platforms between two of the top four telcos in the US as a part of their overall merger. Technologies – Custom JEE, Oracle, Enterprise APIs. Built a service-layer abstracting all external 3rd parties and provided simulators for the front-end-clients and built test-harnesses for the back-end for testing API performance and ensuring abstraction.
Senior Associate2001 - 2005Sapient
- Contributed to various enterprise-server side Java development project for web applications.
Associate1999 - 2001Ernst and Young
- Provided technology consulting on engagements with Fortune 500 companies with a specialization on server-side Java applications for the web.