J. Chad McCully
Verified Expert in Project Management
Chad is a seasoned and certified IT professional with a successful career in meeting business goals with well-designed IT solutions in a wide range of environments and technologies. He has a proven track record of performance in the analysis, design, configuration, testing, and maintenance of IT systems to ensure optimal operational performance and a proven record of success—reducing downtime, saving costs, and improving customer satisfaction.
Honey Dog, LDA
- Supported multiple global clients with operational improvements, management of remote project teams, development of solutions to address end-client needs, and consulted to provide strategic direction with actionable plans.
- Delivered numerous concurrent projects for clients.
- Identified and implemented technical and operational improvements for internal and external clients.
- Managed individuals in multiple teams concurrently, including coaching, counseling, and developing individuals.
- Identified and drove process improvements to help improve PMO team effectiveness and traction.
- Led up to six concurrent projects to deliver custom software for client use.
- Utilized various project management methodologies and approaches to support varied client integration efforts.
Senior Project Manager
- Served as a project manager, scrum master, and customer success manager.
- Managed multiple (more than six) client engagement projects in parallel.
- Implemented and taught standardized project manager and scrum master methodologies across multiple teams.
- Helped define and implement client support system standardization for on-call teams.
- Implemented numerous operational reporting tools and processes to support ongoing team improvements.
- Used Jira, Confluence, Airtable, Slack, Google Docs, and similar tools to manage the project flow, status, and reporting.
Senior Scrum Master
- Served as a senior contract scrum master for a financial services company.
- Provided infrastructure project management support for a key internal API gateway integration project.
- Supported internal and external project coordination to enable the implementation of a customized OTS purchased solution.
- Acted as scrum master and project manager for an eCommerce development team.
- Worked collaboratively with the UI design team for mobile and desktop application design requirements.
- Documented test environment preparation guides for the audit system.
- Supported the agile team though multiple responsive design project releases.
- Performed backlog grooming and refinement for agile project teams and UAT coordination to ensure acceptance of system changes.
- Managed project requirements, progress, and status using Microsoft Office Suite, MS Project, and TFS.
Business Analyst | Project Manager
- Drove solution identification, feasibility analysis, and implementation recommendations for business-level improvements and assisted with prioritization of resulting projects.
- Performed backlog grooming and refinement for agile project teams.
- Developed test cases and provided product management support.
- Established the initial non-functional requirements approach for an agile project team in the company's eCommerce site redesign.
Technical Lead | Scrum Master
- Captured, refined, and helped prioritize user stories for multiple highly customized COTS products for fraud detection and OFAC list use.
- Implemented IT standards across all platforms and environments and drove local performance review efforts.
- Facilitated agile sprint ceremonies, including standups, sprint planning, retrospectives, and demos.
- Successfully implemented the agile development methodology across the team supporting fraud detection.
- Drove backlog implementation and grooming across multiple applications, ensuring proper and sustainable maintenance and growth of functionality supporting fraud detection.
Atlantic Resource Group
- Created, documented, and integrated improved the IT project onboarding process for the enterprise IT division.
- Established an improved process to onboard IT projects into enterprise development groups.
- Identified multiple improvements in the flows and interactions between departments, smoothing out the friction between teams and reducing the timeline needed for processes to initiate projects.
Project Manager | Scrum Master
- Served as a project manager, scrum master, and scrum master trainer.
- Supported the product owner to establish the project map, release plan, and product upgrades as well as reviewing processes to ensure all scrum practices were being followed.
- Trained and supervised two additional agile project teams on the agile methodology.
- Successfully implemented a custom internal SharePoint site.
- Identified and helped implement testing processes and tools into team methodologies.
- Served as the project manager for a multimillion-dollar rewards tracking software integration across multiple platforms.
- Managed project schedule, communications, requirements, scope, quality, and risks.
- Performed test case reviews and coordinated UAT to ensure acceptance of system changes.
- Led the successful delivery of two major phases of the rewards-tracking software upgrades for a major healthcare company.
Senior Business Systems Analyst
- Drove decisionmaking and requirement definition for application development, ensuring that business needs were being met.
- Built a top-performing team to ensure successful implementation of business requirements, and collaborated with IT and business partners to resolve issues.
- Performed backlog refinement, UAT coordination, agile story enhancements, and process improvements.
- Coordinated test planning, test case development, and release planning for product development.
- Implemented an upgraded eCommerce store with improved customer experience.
- Supported internal projects for hardware migrations, upgrades, and user-base migrations.
eCommerce Site Localization Effort
Implemented the first of the eCommerce checkout site localization expansion, starting with the Americas and EU.
This project's goal was to upgrade the checkout experience to first enable localization using content delivery networks and then to implement (and enable) each subsequent language and country.
Internal System and Tools Consolidation Effort
Managed the migration of 104 application builds for internal operations management into a standardized and supportable team.
This set of systems was then managed by me and my team over a 1.5-year period over which we reduced problem tickets from 1,270/year to under 300/year.
Bachelor's Degree in Commerce
University of Virginia - Charlottesville, VA, USA
Certified Scrum Master