Digital Technology PM2018 - 2019Misk Foundation
- Successfully led the team to deliver a portal for a government that provides subsidies to its citizens; also helped the team to migrate the portal from AWS to a different environment.
- Worked with multiple vendors across the globe to ensure services are delivered as per agreement and met the business needs.
- Built portal functionalities that included eligibility processing check, approval for sponsorship, and payment processing.
- Worked with the business team to hash out the requirements; challenged the business and technical requirements and provided recommendations and suggestions as needed.
- Created RFPs, led the complete vendor selection process, including services agreement signing.
- Took up and led an initiative to drive cost optimization through the program which reduced the cost by 52%.
- Set up and streamlined Agile development processes and supervised the team to ensure the team was productive and work was delivered as expected.
Systems Development Director | Associate Director | Delivery Lead | Solution Architect2012 - 2018Cognizant Technology Solutions
- Led the delivery of AI-and-analytics projects for strategic accounts. Ran managed services for teams as high as ~200, serving the accounting-and-financial-services tower and was previously serving the learning services unit with multimillion-dollar contracts.
- Implemented Agile methodology in various projects/programs and worked as a scrum master/scrum coach.
- Successfully improved productivity and efficiency by implementing new processes and/or improving the current processes. For a team of 69 people, I put a Kanban process in place, and for a global team of 25 people, I have put in processes for effective Scrum of scrums and ran two Scrum teams. The Kanban team showed an improvement of ~35% in productivity (time taken to resolve a ticket) and for the scrum teams, CSR improved from 2.5 to 3.5.
- Led innovation-and-transformation initiatives for productivity improvement, application hardening, and revenue generation for a client.
- Championed all aspects of program management, delivery excellence, operational excellence, continuous service improvement, opportunity identification, client engagement, and cost savings.
- Successfully led colleagues and subordinates, achieving the highest BES score in the sector for 2014.
- Set the vision, IT strategy, and road map for the team to be ready for the next generation of technology.
- Gained ample experience in solution architecture and proposal submissions; was considered a turnaround specialist in moving accounts to profitability from loss.
Program Manager2012 - 2012ACS of India Pvt. Ltd (a Xerox Company)
- Successfully handled the global responsibility of successfully delivering multimillion-dollar programs.
- Set up and ran a learning services center of excellence, key clients included EY & Credit Suisse.
- Ran a portal CoE encompassing building and supporting various portals including the corporate website, content management, SharePoint, Jira, and more for the whole organization.
- Initiated and drove process improvement, operational excellence, delivery excellence, and continuous improvement initiatives to organization's success.
- Served on the leadership team to vet the strategies and align them with the vision.
- Supervised a team of 15.
Senior Systems Development Manager2007 - 2012Affiliated Computer Services, Inc. (a Xerox Company)
- Worked as an integrated product technology lead serving the service engineering division of General Motors.
- Managed and led multimillion-dollar programs to successfully manage teams offshore and onsite. These programs include providing integrated print services, portal development, SharePoint implementations, data migrations, and digital transformations to various clients.
- Collaborated with GM teams from Germany and in Michigan.
- Received an award of ”Exceeds Expectations” for the programs delivered which is a first for the team.
- Worked as an application services manager at the city of Carrollton (TX, USA) by managing a portfolio of 44 applications that were critical for the city to run.
- Managed the key applications including utility billing applications, GIS, Kronos, portal, and more.
- Made the key decisions involving strategic changes in IT.
- Led the BI team for Ernst & Young and contributed significantly to stabilizing the team and winning the renewal of the contract.
- Set up the offshore team and implemented lean techniques which provided productivity savings of $70,000 YOY.
- Led various sized teams from 12 to 25.
Development Lead2004 - 2007Benefit Concepts, Inc.
- Started as a QA and then moved up the ladder to become a developer, Oracle DBA, and then to a development lead.
- Led the application development and maintenance of an in-house Benefits Outsourcing platform that connected variety of users that include Employer HPAs, Plan implementation Specialists, Employees and modules included Plan Setup, Rider Setup, Claims processing, Payment processing, Bank Integration, Customer support. This was a high availability (24/7/365) platform that served around 51 clients and approximately 5 million users.
- Analyzed the business requirements, planned for upcoming releases, and designed and developed the enhancements.
- Led the effort in automating operational tasks in settlement processing and MICR printing thereby garnering cost savings and operational efficiency.
- Supervised a team of four developers and three QAs.
- Served as the development implementation lead and Oracle DBA. They had requested the platform be built to be very similar to this in terms connecting a variety of users/partners and HA portal which required that I worked in a specific time zone and understand healthcare terminology. The platform is now part of Wage Works.