Verified Expert in Project Management
Lauren is an experienced agile coach specializing in remote environments. She works hard to embody servant leadership by coaching teams to self-organize and focus on creating customer value. Lauren focuses on coaching, mentoring, and training across all levels of an organization to create transparency and alignment.
Scrum Master and Agile Coach
- Joined the team as a Scrum Master and have moved my way into the agile coach position, supporting multiple agile pods in the marketing space.
- Helped teams speed up content delivery times for both at-home and social media content from several months to a few weeks.
- Created the practice of using objectives and key results to drive providing customer value and stop doing unnecessary busy work.
L'Occitane - Main
- Coached two agile teams to improve processes, create roadmaps, and lay the groundwork for future scaling.
- Developed customized approaches to agile that incorporated scrum and kanban elements that supported how the teams worked and fit into the larger company picture while embracing the agile mindset.
- Created a marketing team structure to support multiple other departments with open, transparent communication channels.
- Worked with the leadership team to create a supportive, team-driven agile environment.
- Trained both the teams and the leadership on an agile mindset.
Executive Agile Coach
- Coached and mentored a team of scrum masters, supporting five security and privacy divisions within CMS to create business agility, develop a culture of continuous improvement, and foster a transparent and supportive working environment.
- Provided Agile coaching and leadership to all levels of the organization: the CISO, division directors, scrum masters, team leads, and team members with a hands-on, collaborative approach to achieve optimal effectiveness.
- Collaborated with Scrum Masters and teams to coach and guide them on the mechanics and principles behind Lean and Agile methods.
- Created, built, and delivered customized, engaging Agile training, incorporating innovative approaches tailored to remote teams.
- Embraced and embodied servant leadership, continuously developing the skills and knowledge of members of the organization.
Senior Agile Coach and Training Lead
- Coached teams within the Veteran’s Administration on Agile fundamentals, principles, and practices and helped them implement Agile events, identify roles, and manage their respective artifacts.
- Led the Agile transformation of the VA by providing thought leadership, coaching, mentoring, and training to all levels of the organization and creating a transformation program to foster continuous improvement, transparency, and innovative thinking.
- Worked with other coaches, teams, and leadership on defining organization-wide guidelines and methods for scaling throughout the VA.
Whole Foods Market
- Increased collaboration by guiding a Workday team in Agile events and principles, including mentoring, coaching, and training as necessary.
- Implemented processes for prioritization and requirements gathering to provide better value to stakeholders.
- Inspired innovation, improved flexibility, and promoted adaptability within the Workday team and among stakeholders.
- Managed the launch of a new wholesale online marketplace, serving 6,000 customers and generating over $100,000 in sales per week. This project required coordinating several internal teams, an external development company, and a design company.
- Guided the entire company through Agile adoption and transformation.
- Facilitated the practice of both Scrum and Kanban within the team to support production activities and feature requests.
- Collaborated with stakeholders to create user stories, define acceptance criteria, and identify dependencies.
- Led implementation of a national attendance tracking system, supporting over 70,000 employees from initial conception through implementation and warranty support.
- Collaborated successfully with IT team members and business SMEs to analyze and document requirements for a wide variety of global compensation services projects.
- Gathered requirements using various avenues, including workshops, conference calls, document analysis, workflow, and process descriptions. Used cases, scenarios, and ensured proper documentation and prioritization of requests.
Agile Leadership Training
Created and administered Agile leadership training material, focusing specifically on mindset and execution of an Agile environment for leaders.
Innovation and Planning Week
Worked with the client to implement a quarterly "Innovation and Planning Week" across the organization.
Created a roadmap and executed the process of defining and organizing the organization's portfolio.
Bachelor's Degree in Theater Studies
University of Connecticut - Storrs, Connecticut, USA
Advanced Certified Scrum Master
ICAgile-Agile Team Facilitator (ICP-ATF)
International Consortium of Agile
ICAgile-Agile Certified Coach (ICP-ACC)
International Consortium of Agile
PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)
Project Management Institute (PMI)
How to Work with Toptal
Toptal matches you directly with global industry experts from our network in hours—not weeks or months.
Share your needs
Choose your talent
Start your risk-free talent trial
Top talent is in high demand.Start hiring