Verified Expert in Project Management
Leon is a certified professional in Scrum and Agile leadership and management, with a successful career in the IT industry. He is an experienced Agile coach and scrum master who has worked in several industries, including web and mobile software, networking, and storage and server technology. Leon has excellent communication and people management skills, enabling him to successfully integrate and flourish in any company.
Senior Technical Program Manager | Agile Coach
- Managed the technical program management team, including the scrum team, and functioned as the senior Agile coach.
- Redesigned and set up the scrum process and trained the team on Agile values, enabling the team to run the scrum process without further guidance.
- Handled internal and external APIs along with documentation.
- Oversaw the everyday process of the QA team and trained the team to be self-organizing and self-managing.
Scrum Master | Agile Coach
- Functioned as the lead scrum master and coached on Agile methodologies.
- Trained and evangelized Scrum and Agile to the company.
- Coached the software development team in Agile methodologies and related tools.
Software Development Manager | Agile Coach
- Functioned as the lead scrum master and Agile coach.
- Trained the software development team in Agile methodology and related tools.
- Managed the activities and resources of the software development teams for overseas customer projects.
- Developed and improved the company processes for Scrum, quality assurance, and quality control.
Software Program Manager | Scrum Master
- Managed and executed the software development process and program schedule across multiple teams, including big data, database, UX, and front end.
- Implemented the scrum process from the initial concept as the scrum master.
- Built effective, high-performance core teams and provided ongoing performance feedback to the functional management.
- Led the cross-functional team in defining the product and solution requirements.
Software Project Manager
- Established software specifications for Android tablets.
- Determined which applications were most beneficial, cost-effective, and in-demand and which to exclude.
- Managed third-party software application vendors, ensuring that the vendors addressed software issues and provided the latest release in an advantageous time frame.
- Engaged in software certification testing, such as wifi and Bluetooth, to ensure that software is certified before release.
- Developed and managed network-attached storage (NAS) products.
- Led and developed complex process initiatives and business strategies.
- Defined detailed specifications, chose vendors, and delivered the request for quotation and market requirements document to the respective teams.
- Counseled key leadership on the latest principles, practices, and technologies and their practical application.
- Created and disseminated marketing materials, sales kits, and training material to the front-end sales teams.
- Consulted and advised customers on the technical usability of data storage, NAS, and internet small computer systems interface (iSCSI) technologies for different applications.
- Researched new technologies and applications for storage.
- Maintained the current customer base and provided outstanding customer service.
- Developed mutually beneficial strategic alliances with customers.
- Developed and implemented applications and processes for customer systems and factory on-site training.
- Provided post-installation customer application and process support.
- Conducted on-site technical support for customer systems.
Scrum Coaching and Development
Provided Scrum and Agile training and brought the team to a level of independence, enabling them to run the scrum process without further guidance.
Advertising Content and Data Management Platform
Developed and launched a portal for an advertising client to run campaigns and track campaign feedback.
Logistics SaaS Platform
Led the team in the development of a logistics SaaS platform.
Bachelor's Degree in Mathematics
University of Arizona - Tucson, Arizona
Professional Scrum Product Owner II (PSPO II)
Certified Agile Leadership
Professional Scrum Master Level II (PSM II)
Certified Scrum Professional (CSP)
Project Management Professional (PMP)
Project Management Institute (PMI)
How to Work with Toptal
Toptal matches you directly with global industry experts from our network in hours—not weeks or months.
Share your needs
Choose your talent
Start your risk-free talent trial
Top talent is in high demand.Start hiring