Project Manager in Florence, Metropolitan City of Florence, Italy
Owner2016 - PRESENTWeTechnology (Software House and Mobile Application Software Factory)
- Managed the design and implementation of carrier-grade solutions for telcos and bank institutions.
- Led development teams in five different countries to create outstanding products.
- Managed a UX team and developers to create mobile applications for SaaS Companies (IT, CZ, UK, USA).
- Collaborated with startups to improve their quality assurance process.
- Helped companies to transform from Waterfall to Agile methodologies.
Owner2016 - PRESENTAnomadic.com (Agile Software Factory and Lean Development Consultancy)
- Managed a consultancy for Agile product development; consulting with companies among the top ten in hosting and cloud storage in Europe.
- Helped companies create successful Agile teams.
- Assisted startups in creating products using a design-thinking process.
- Aided luxury and fashion companies in entering new online markets.
- Consulted for industries in different fields—from entertainment to fashion—with a focus on innovation and opening new channels for online sales.
- Managed outsourced workforce for telcos and hosting providers using Agile methodologies.
- Acted as a business consult during acquisitions and team replacements.
- Served as a consultant for C-level managers and entrepreneurs to plan and execute Lean/Agile team transitions.
Senior Product Manager2018 - 2018NascentCorp
- Coached the product management team.
- Defined the discovery and engagement process and procedures.
- Agile coached during the development process.
Senior Product Manager, Customer Experience2018 - 2018Swarovski
- Conducted a customer experience analysis on the product development.
- Worked on a product study and product discovery.
Senior Technical Project Manager2016 - 2017MediaHeroes
- Organized and staffed remote teams.
- Managed and was in charge of the architectural design and implementation of the product.
- Planned and implemented the software lifecycle process in the company.
- Managed the transition from in-house to remote teams.
- Implemented Agile methodologies as Scrum Master.
- Trained junior project managers.
Senior Product Manager2016 - 2017KEYSOLUTIONS
- Applied design thinking methodology during the discovery phase of their new solution.
- Definied the MVP and roadmap implementation for the solution.
- Led a team of developers (all remote, in three different countries) to deliver the product.
- Improved the process and managed the transition to a fully Agile methodology.
Chief Product Owner2011 - 2016Cloud.it
- Defined the product discovery and design for Cloud.it's solution; from the initial prototype until the architecture definition and delivery process.
- Oversaw and coordinated the UX team for the definition of all the products involved.
- Created the quality assurance process and DevOps to reach a daily delivery in production.
- Defined the product as a product owner chief (seven product owners) and managed the product program and portfolio.
- Oversaw the negotiation and vendor selection.
CTO2005 - 2016Aruba Group
- Organized the development process accordingly to Agile methodologies for all of the departments (involving more than 300 collaborators) in four countries.
- Applied Lean and Kanban methodologies on production and quality.
- Developed the continuous delivery system that is still used by the company.
- Created and organized the IT support according to ITIL standards.
- Managed the entire outsourcing process including the vendor selection, qualification, and negotiation.
- Managed the staffing processes (including sourcing, recruiting, and hiring) and the interview procedures.
- Implemented test and quality assurance procedures to achieve daily production deliveries.
- Cloud.itLed the creation and delivery of Cloud.it—one of the most important cloud SaaS providers.
Cloud.it is a cloud provider solution that's available in five different countries and has a goal of mass targeting. The product was designed and created to reach the masses and keep an overall low cost (in terms of hardware and software maintenance) to guarantee outstanding growth.
As the chief product owner of Cloud.it, I led all the teams involved in this spinoff to create a market-ready product in less than six months. It eventually became the leading market product.
- Unified Communications SystemLed the creation of a new product for Unified Communications, from the design phase to the delivery with Agile methodology.
The project led to the creation of a unique solution for Unified Communications in Europe. The platform, used by SMBs and large enterprises, was designed and created with the collaboration between the client's team and a remote team of 20 people, working from all over the world.
By applying Agile methodologies, we managed to deliver the first MVP of the product in only two months (four sprints) and tested with beta participants.
- Telco | VAS ServicesLed the PMO team to plan and execute the delivery of our product for the biggest telco in Europe.
The project had a short timeline (five months) and a budget of 2 million to complete the complicated integrations and a go-no-go canvas in which the client had to decide if they would keep going with the product or drop it.
After seven years, the product is still actively used by millions of users.
- ValidCandidate | HR SolutionLed the creation, implementation, and marketing of the product in four different countries.
ValidCandidate is an HR solution dedicated to startups and IT companies.
I led the design, implementation, and distribution of the application with different teams while working remotely.
- AskMariaImplemented a solution for remotes support in two different countries, leading a distributed Agile team with mixed skills.
This product is an innovative solution for remote support. With a low budget, we managed to deliver the solution successfully. We did this by implementing a Lean and Agile methodology within a team, consisting of system administrators to marketing managers who had never worked with Agile methodologies before.
- Technical AuthorPublished 11 various books—from Development to Management—two of those books were adopted by IT schools to teach development.
I have published eleven books on various subjects ranging from ASP.NET to Lean development strategies. I have also worked as an author for a variety of technical magazines and blogs.
- Bachelor's degree in Psychology1999 - 2004UniFI: Università degli Studi di Firenze - Florence, Italy
- PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)APRIL 2015 - PRESENTPMI | Project Management Institute
- Project Management Professional (PMP)MARCH 2014 - PRESENTPMI | Project Management Institute
- ITIL v3 Intermediate Level CertificationMARCH 2013 - PRESENTITIL
- Certified Scrum Product OwnerMARCH 2012 - PRESENTScrum Alliance
- Quality Assurance ManagerJANUARY 2012 - PRESENTITSQB
- Microsoft Certified ProfessionalJUNE 2009 - PRESENTMicrosoft
- Microsoft SQL Server CertificationFEBRUARY 2008 - PRESENTMicrosoft
- Hosting Professional CertificationAUGUST 2007 - PRESENTMicrosoft