Verified Expert in Project Management
Maksim manages complex, technology-driven projects focused on industrial and public sector digitalization and software development. He has supervised projects of over $25 million in total value and is an expert in IT and information security audits, industrial security and loss prevention, and the Internet of Things (IoT). Maksim bridges the gap between business and technology, earning the trust of both sides and facilitating value delivery.
Senior Technical Project Manager
Krabu Group OÜ
- Joined the team as an interim project manager and became a senior technical project manager by completing phase I of the project, including the detailed business analysis, product architecture, and design.
- Conducted a detailed business processes analysis of multiple welfare service providers and converted them into actionable user stories.
- Created over 100 wireframes, dataflow diagrams, data models, and use cases.
- Designed and described how users would interact with the system.
- Managed and actively engaged over 100 stakeholders from over 30 organizations and government agencies.
- Supervised the work of five developers, two business analysts, a system architect, and a UI/UX designer, creating their tasks and assessing their performance.
- Suggested database and API design patterns and prepared detailed technical analyses and descriptions for the product components.
- Received good feedback and acknowledgments from developers that have worked under my supervision.
Consultant for Digital Transformation, Web 3.0, and Cybersecurity
- Participated as an instructor for multiple training events supporting the Defense Threat Reduction Agency of the US Ministry of Defense on the Global Nuclear Security Program.
- Facilitated multiple e-governance and digital transformation training sessions for top-level government officials.
- Transitioned over ten companies to remote work smoothly amid the pandemic.
- Consulted on emerging market opportunities for crypto-based startups.
- Contributed to compliance programs for various kinds of companies, including enterprises.
- Conducted compliance audits and information assets inventory as a leading expert and delivered comprehensive results that were aligned with globally recognized standards.
CEO and Lead Digitalization Expert
Value Added Security OÜ
- Founded and developed a company, growing it from a local distributor level to a leading-edge industrial technology integrator.
- Hired and managed a team of top-level industry experts.
- Managed multiple large enterprise digitalization transitions and IT modernization projects.
- Developed and supervised multiple software projects, including client portals, executive dashboards, monitoring systems, IoT integration platforms, cross-system communication modules, and security vulnerability scanners.
- Designed and implemented a real-world blockchain application before it became a popular technology.
- Conducted risk audits and developed comprehensive mitigation solutions for complex mining, transportation, and telecom industry cases.
- Coached corporate executives on digitalization or the paper-to-digital transition.
Chief Technology Officer
INTEGRIX Group OÜ
- Designed and maintained the company's product portfolio.
- Ensured best deals, exclusive contracts, and priority support from leading industry vendors.
- Negotiated exclusive access to the vendor products and technologies before the public launch.
- Performed product presentations and participated in executive-level marketing events.
- Defended company projects and designs before key stakeholders.
Marketing Team Member
ISECO Security Technologies OÜ (Now INTEGRIX Group OÜ)
- Designed the company website from scratch, then coded and deployed it to the web hosting server.
- Facilitated company marketing campaigns by designing and implementing software to send personalized promo codes and emails.
- Contributed to a significant operating cost reduction by designing web forms for contractors that allowed faster and more accurate work completion reports processing.
Tallinn Social Welfare Information System
Replaced the legacy, fragmented, and often MS Excel-driven business processes of the social welfare's information management system.
I also managed an agile team of seven developers, testers, and analysts to develop a high-complexity SaaS integrated information system. I both led the team and actively contributed as one of the business analysts, system designers, and a scrum master. My core responsibility was to maintain a high-level vision and ensure product consistency. I also managed customer and stakeholders' engagement and communications.
The information system, called TASHIS system, included a client self-service portal for Tallinn city residents, modules for services management, statistics, reporting, monitoring, billing, scheduling, and assessment tools. A key feature of TASHIS was its integration with other Estonian e-governance databases, facilitating intersystem communication via APIs instead of a paper- or file-based data exchange.
Blockchain-based Shipping and Laboratory Testing Data Collection System
Developed and pitched a solution to the business problem, planned and monitored the development process, and successfully commissioned the system.
The project was designed and executed in response to a business request for an automatic, non-repudiation mechanism that would collect the data exchanged by business units within the enterprise on its products' shipping and quality tests.
Mining Enterprise Supply Chain Digitalization
Supervised an enterprise modernization program to digitalize an industrial chain.
The program incorporated several projects that delivered out-of-the-box software integration and custom software development. Among the projects were the digitalization of supply chain components such as wagon weighing and tracking, raw materials sampling and lab testing, safety and security monitoring, and updating business procedures to match the new reality.
Enterprise Information Security Management and Compliance System
An information security and compliance management system created from scratch.
• Created dedicated projects for program milestones and managed those projects.
• Established compliance audit procedures and data ownership registry.
• Conducted compliance audits and information assets inventory as a leading expert and delivered comprehensive results that were aligned with globally recognized standards.
• Coached executive management about information security risks and mitigation approaches.
Master of Business Administration (MBA) in Management in Digital Society
Estonian Business School - Tallinn, Estonia
Bachelor's Degree in International Business
Baltic International Academy - Riga, Latvia
Professional Scrum Master Level I (PSM I)
ISO 27001 Internal Auditor Course
Advisera Expert Solutions Ltd
Certified Information Security Manager (CISM)
ITIL 4 Foundation – IT Service Management Certification
Project Management Professional (PMP)
Project Management Institute (PMI)
Coaching Skills Certificate
Academy of Executive Coaching (AoEC)
How to Work with Toptal
Toptal matches you directly with global industry experts from our network in hours—not weeks or months.
Share your needs
Choose your talent
Start your risk-free talent trial
Top talent is in high demand.Start hiring