Verified Expert in Project Management
A digital transformation and adoption lead, Mark is also a Certified Scrum Master and Prince2 project manager with large-scale global delivery experience in financial services, IT, and business transformation. He builds, leads, and delivers programs with up to 250 staff and $50 million in spend. Mark has substantial BPO leadership building remote teams that support business and IT.
- Led the successful delivery of multiple projects (see the projects section) for clients in the US and Europe.
- Managed quality assurance on projects delivered in Canada, the US, Mexico, UK, and France.
- Led business development and account management.
- Served as the digital adoption lead at PWC on a large, global program.
Director of Global Change
- Led Americas implementation (7 countries) of a global AML ToM design. Co-designed the AML ToM.
- Led the Mexico AML ToM design and implementation. Ran the RFP process selecting PWC as the preferred local delivery vendor.
- Mobilized and led the global EMIR program across the front, middle and back office teams to provide clearing, reporting and margining for OTC derivatives.
- Mobilized and led the Financial Transaction Tax programs in France, Italy and Spain to record collect and remit to various European financial market regulators.
- Mobilized and led the global program to increase Payments & Cash Management product salesforce effectiveness to small business in 35 countries by automating multiple sales processes and increasing client face time by 35%.
- Analyzed global spot FX flows and market share to identify an additional $1Bn of global revenues. This resulted in a new Wealth product offering to HNW clients and the 'girl on the lemonade stand' global TV advertising campaign for HSBC.
Freelance Project Manager
- Led multiple developments of a global fixed income trading platform (Matrix) managing two scrum masters.
- Led and drove delivery of a new fixed income product launched into a highly competitive recession market. Led global expansion to Canada.
Freelance Entertainment Professional
- Performed on camera. Resume available at IMDB on request.
- Project managed for Credit Suisse multiple projects in IT infrastructure delivery including trading floor refits and data center move.
- Project managed for Barclays Capital multiple projects including the divestment of their global fixed income businesses to Credit Suisse. Led multiple IT work-streams.
Freelance Project Manager
- Led Barclays Capital Equities business relocation project from the City to Canary Wharf moving 650 front-office desks along with 55 associated systems.
- Led a project at UBS to catalog the entire applications suite to enable simplification and re-alignment of resources.
- Led a project at Goldman Sachs Equities to build project management tracking and time capture infrastructure.
- Analysed and designed a major process reengineering effort in Treasury following the 1991 Salomon Brothers US Treasury Auction crisis.
Digital Adoption and Content Archetype Lead
Led the digital content development for a major, global digital tool that goes into production in June 2020.
Digital Project Manager - Morgan Stanley FX Platform
Digital platform built and enhanced agile approach.
Project Manager - Citibank Custody Services
Multiple delivery successes in BPO, technology, and target operating model design.
Supporting stakeholders throughout the entire BPO transition including redesign and deployment of the changed business model (processes, organization and systems footprint)
Location strategy development
Business process analysis and documentation at L1 to L5
ISO standard procedures documentation down to the key-stroke level
World-class training of off-shore resources via video and screen share
Support model and coverage hours for IT and business functions (including escalation and workflow)
MIS – MTPs, effort, cost/benefit, business cases
RPA – Automation Anywhere, BluePrism, proprietary tools
I closed and planned a second phase to deliver a transformation program, hired and engaged the resources, and mobilized the project to dramatically increase automation (RPA), save 10 FTE, improve client service levels, and improve senior management reporting. CAPs and high priority projects were developed into an integrated delivery program ensuring regulatory compliance.
Project Manager - ABN-Amro Fixed Income Platform
Delivery of a fixed income platform.
Project Manager - HSBC UK Ring-Fencing for Trade Finance Business
Led highly successful global IT and business team and turned around a failing PMO.
Project Manager - HSBC Global AML
Developed the global ToM design and provided Americas regional leadership.
Project Manager - HSBC EMIR Global Project
On-time, on-schedule delivery of a complex regulatory project.
Project Manager - Wells Fargo Balance Sheet Management
Delivery of CCAR.
Diploma in Securities and Derivatives
Chartered Institute of Securities - London, England
Certificate in Finance
University of California - Los Angeles, California
Master's Degree in Drama
Academy of Live & Recorded Arts - London, England
Diploma in Entrepreneurship
INSEAD - Paris, France
Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration
City University - London, England
Certified Scrum Master
Advanced Social Media Strategy Certification
Chartered Institute of Securities