Verified Expert in Project Management
Michael is a seasoned consultant with over 20 years in the Agile space. His expertise lies in enterprise agility. With a 7-year tenure as leader of McKinsey's Agile practice in Asia, Michael has successfully led numerous large-scale transformations encompassing the whole business, particularly coaching business-led teams and senior leadership. Michael is a certified Agile trainer passionate about all things Agile. He also organizes Agile HK.
Associate Partner/Director (Agile Coach)
McKinsey & Company
- Reorganized NZ's number one telco; introduced a newly scaled Agile and customer-centric approach to the whole organization; directly coached two tribes and over 15 teams in the transition. Result: increased NPS by 30 points and 20% OPEX.
- Restructured a retail bank's Asian HQ, focused on customer-centricity and agility during COVID-19, and introduced a new way of working. Coached 3 hives and 20+ squads during the transition. Result: average productivity increase of 20% across the org.
- Introduced enterprise agility to one of Southeast Asia's largest consumer goods and beverage companies. Coached the leadership team and five squads in three countries. Result: reduced idea-to-shelf time from 12 months to 12 weeks.
- Led a team in implementing and launching Indonesia's 1st virtual bank in 12 months. This includes aligning their marketing team and GTM plans with Agile ways of working.
- Developed and implemented a digital factory for a Malaysian retail bank to kick-start their digital-first strategy implementation and delivered full digital account opening, onboarding, and fulfillment within four months.
Enterprise Agile Transformation of an Incumbent New Zealand Telcohttps://www.mckinsey.com/industries/technology-media-and-telecommunications/our-insights/all-in-from-recovery-to-agility-at-spark-new-zealand
Delivered the holistic enterprise Agile transformation of New Zealand's incumbent telco headquarters.
• Restructured the headquarters and introduced a new customer-centric way of working.
• Coached the three front-runner tribes.
• Led the implementation on "flip day" when the whole organization switched to an Agile operating model.
• Achieved a notable increase of 30 points in the net promoter score (NPS) and significant cost savings of 20% in OPEX.
Indonesia's 1st Digital Bank
Implemented and launched Indonesia's 1st digital bank.
• Devised the scale-up strategy and implementation plan to launch Indonesia's very 1st virtual bank within 12 months.
• Managed and coached four teams throughout the implementation to launch.
• Trained C-level executives in Agile leadership.
Agile Transformation of a Philippines CPG Company
Delivered the Agile transformation of a large Philippine consumer packaged goods (CPG) company.
• Restructured and introduced a new working method for one of SEA's largest consumer goods and beverage companies.
• Led the implementation of front-runner tribes.
• Trained and coached senior leadership in Agile.
• Created and implemented an Agile Coaches Academy to alleviate the Agile coach talent shortage in the Philippines.
• Achieved a notable 4% improvement in operational efficiency and a reduction of idea-to-store-shelves time from 12+ months to 12 weeks
• The company has since received awards as one of the best companies to work for in Asia.
Master's Degree in International Studies
SOAS University of London - London, United Kingdom
Accredited Kanban Trainer (AKT)
Lean Kanban University
How to Work with Toptal
Toptal matches you directly with global industry experts from our network in hours—not weeks or months.
Share your needs
Choose your talent
Start your risk-free talent trial
Top talent is in high demand.Start hiring