Lead Project Manager2020 - 2020Toptal
- Coordinated software development with an external contracted organization.
- Managed contractors for new laboratories and refurb of existing laboratories for processing Covid-19 tests.
- Delivered plans for lab proof of concepts for three pilot labs across the USA.
- Liaised with software development organization on requirements and compliance with HIPPA.
Senior Project Manager2020 - 2020Anglo American Ltd
- Led regional transport and logistics optimization.
- Managed a data scientist and the acquisition and use of master data for spend patterns and load patterns.
- Managed inbound and outbound logistics for the establishment of 14 new Covid-19 testing laboratories, which helped ensure RTO and that their mining operations were able to resume, whilst keeping workers safe and healthy.
PMO Consultant2018 - 2018iXerv
- Created a virtual PMO-in-a-Box and all artifacts therein, which enabled the roll-out of standards and a consistent way of managing projects across the globe.
- Validated concepts of PMO with Global COO, obtained buy-in and proceeded with establishment of PMO.
- Socialized concepts and benefits of PMO with Regional Managers.
- Obtained sign-off and approval for all artifacts created.
- Rolled-out the PMO to all global offices for implementing SAP on-prem and cloud.
Lead Project Manager2017 - 2018Loinette Leasing
- Managed the greenfields SAP B1 and FleetPro integration projects.
- Managed the conversion of data from legacy platforms.
- Kept stakeholders informed and managed the communications to shareholders and expectations to both groups.
- Managed the data take-on and parallel runs.
- Agreed criteria for go/no-go decisions and acceptable deviations when balancing accounting components.
Lead Technology Partner2014 - 2017Absa Technology
- Managed roll-out of Salesforce into Absa.
- Managed Deloitte resources on Salesforce project and coordinated all configuration and testing.
- Managed remediation projects to comply with SA Reserve Bank instructions.
- Managed re-platforming program for all messaging platforms, including email, SMS and in-app notifications.
- Managed team of project managers delivering the BOC and ESP and RCD projects.
Senior Project Manager BR72014 - 2014Standard Bank - CIB division
- Project Management responsibilities for CIB’s components within the SAP Core Banking Transformation Programme.
- Managed tho progress within the CBT Programme.
- Liaised with SAP for confirmation of functionality.
- Participated in the program steering committee.
- Managed business stakeholders both within CIB and the larger program.
Senior Project Manager2013 - 2013Gordon Institute of Business Studies
- Managed the implementation of MS Dynamics CRM as GIBS' back office system for their student administration purposes.
- Managed stakeholders' expectations.
Bid Director2013 - 2013Igwija Gaming (Pty) Ltd
- Managed the response to the Department of Trade and Industry’s 3rd request for proposal for the 7-year National Lottery license.
- Created response timeline and project plan to ensure adherence to date to submit.
- Interviewed and hired bid writers for various sections of the bid.
- Managed technology partner's efforts on the technology sections and shipping of lottery terminals to accompany bid submission.
- Managed the efforts of the financial modeling team and how the various scenarios matched all the written submissions, including the game launch timetable.
Senior Project Manager2012 - 2012Sasol (Pty) Ltd
- Assessed applications' maturity.
- Managed stakeholders.
- Manged analysis of all applications in conjunction with Deloittes.
Senior Project Manager2010 - 2012DStv Mobile (Pty) Ltd
- Concurrently managed projects implementing 3G streaming for several mobile operators in sub-Saharan Africa.
- Managed internal and external vendors and resources.
- Managed outsourced Agile development team.
Senior Project Manager & Interim Manager2008 - 2010SA Taxi Finance (Pty) Ltd
- Managed a range of projects and programs of work across various divisions within the company.
- Contributed to projects including implementing a new collections system, IP telephony, and loan management system replacement.
- Interim-managed the establishment of a new department of functional processing.
- Managed stakeholders.
Deputy Bid Manager2005 - 2008Uthingo Management (Pty) Ltd
- Co-managed the entire response to the DTI’s RFP for the 2nd 7-year National Lottery license.
- Advised on strategy during judicial review of RFP process and license award.
ITM2002 - 2004Standard Bank - CIB Division
- Held global P&L responsibility for the IT delivery of all systems for the business online, HR division, and three other business units within Standard Bank (wholesale).
- Managed stakeholders across all the business units for whom he was the tech partner.
- Part of global steerco for wholesale IT.
Telco Services Director2001 - 2001Protek Flagship (Pty) Ltd
- Held P&L responsibility for the technical implementation of billing and customer care programs and projects in Africa.
- Managed budget, personnel, and customer satisfaction in the Africa region.
- Acted as country general manager during the prolonged absence of GM.
Regional Software Director1998 - 2000GTech Southern Africa (now IGT)
- Held joint P&L responsibility for the technical implementation of the entire lotto program start-up.
- Managed 45,000 manhours of software deliverables in the African region.
- Oversaw regional budgets, staff, and customer satisfaction.
Business Systems Manager , previously HR Projects Manager1996 - 1998SAP Southern Africa
- Managed business systems for the organization in order for it to become an information-based company.
- Achieved ISO9002 accreditation.
- Managed the team of HR application consultants, acquiring HR projects, and liaison with business partners,.
- Led the country-specific HR development for SAP Southern Africa’s areas of responsibility.