Verified Expert in Project Management
Morgan is a senior project and delivery manager with 10+ years of experience leading the delivery of complex software products and digital services for midsized and large companies in retail (including luxury), media, travel, and government sectors. He enjoys collaborating to solve major issues, adapts quickly to different organizations and teams, and loves managing greenfield products that deliver business outcomes.
- Worked with eCommerce brands to capture the value of the second-hand market for their projects.
- Received government funding and joined a startup accelerator to develop the application and business plan.
- Developed and applied new sales and marketing skills while signing my first client.
- Advised All Inclusive in developing All Entrepreneurs, an innovative marketplace of services.
- Completed competitor benchmarking, user interviews, functional requirements, and the product roadmap.
- Provided the project plan for delivering a new platform and services in France.
Senior Delivery Manager
- Led six weeks of discovery workshops for a major UK airline company to build an in-flight retail pre-order eCommerce platform.
- Facilitated workshops, led client meetings, and created a two-year project plan and RAID logs.
- Supported a team of consultants with varied skills in delivering 18 documents to the client, including an architecture diagram, business requirements, design, and wireframes.
Founder and Consultant
- Developed a business plan for a new eCommerce agency and partnerships with key actors.
- Got certified in three leading eCommerce platforms: BigCommerce, Shopify Plus, and Klaviyo.
- Prospected 70 potential clients in the region by providing a commercial brochure and website audits.
Senior Delivery Manager
LVMH | Patou
- Launched a complex eCommerce site from scratch for a new LVMH brand on the Shopify Plus platform, including ERP, WMS, CMS, and CRM solutions.
- Assessed many third-party SaaS systems to meet LVMH needs. Supported contract management and the scope of work negotiation, including GDPR and cybersecurity assessments.
- Collaborated with design and development agencies and managed a multidisciplinary team of five. Owned budget and risk management.
- Provided recommendations on the future enterprise-level agency to support the company's growth ambition. Completed interviews and assessments.
Senior Delivery Manager
Kainos | Ministry of Justice
- Released two web applications in public beta within a short timeframe following the GDS service standard: www.gov.uk/apply-for-divorce and www.gov.uk/respond-divorce-application.
- Managed a multidisciplinary team of 25 IT professionals sourced from five service providers, creating statements of work for contractors to set and manage clear expectations and track deliverables.
- Restructured the divorce tech delivery teams to enable efficiency and optimal collaboration by dividing 16 engineers into two divorce feature teams: a core team and a business as usual (BAU) team.
Head of Delivery
- Led the replatforming of moneysavingexpert.com, a high-traffic website, using AWS as the new infrastructure, a new AEM platform, and the rebuilt money-saving tools.
- Promoted to lead the MoneySavingExpert (MSE) technology team: established new ways to align the technology roadmap with business objectives for the next two years and hired additional IT team members.
- Defined project governance, managed executive leadership meetings, and guided the business team on the digital transformation project.
- Launched MailShop.co.uk, a £2 million B2C initiative to create a multimerchant eCommerce platform with 75,000+ products from 23 sellers for Daily Mail readers. MailShop.co.uk was built on the integration of 10+ cutting-edge SaaS technologies.
- Oversaw the marketplace platform and eCommerce site while serving as the marketplace product manager.
- Introduced an Agile delivery framework to the Daily Mail portfolio team. Challenged the product owner to build an MVP solution to de-risk the go-live date by focusing on core features and performance metrics for future enhancements.
- Managed an outsourced software team and a multidisciplinary team of 20+ members in four workstreams: product, customer, technology, and data. Coordinated actions and executed the project plan.
Market Development Project Manager
- Oversaw all operations for IGT's entry into newly regulated markets.
- Maintained the project plan to close a business unit division (100 people) of IGT, a regulated public company . Coordinated cross-functional activities and regulatory operations to execute the challenging and high-risk plan by a fixed date.
- Led the procurement of the UK Gambling Commission license for IGT.
- Optimized the product compliance process to efficiently manage change control for the IGT game portfolio's annual certifications.
Web Project Manager
- Launched three online gaming websites simultaneously with new local payment methods for Latin America to support international expansion.
- Set up an identity and access management (IAM) process for the ISO/IEC 27001 plan across the BetClic group.
- Implemented accounts payable software for finance to automate invoicing and payment processing.
Delivery of a Complex eCommerce Site for a New Luxury Brandhttp://www.patou.com
Led the development of a complex multicurrency and multilingual eCommerce site on a Shopify Plus platform from scratch, including a new ERP and WMS, from inception to delivery in less than a year.
In this project, I was accountable for the program timeline, quality, and CAPEX and OPEX budget. I assessed many third-party SaaS systems to meet the company's guidelines for security and GDPR and was the IT point of contact for contract reviews. I also helped build Extract - Load - Transform (ELT) process s with data lakes in GCP for data reporting in Tableau and wrote an internal whitepaper on LVMH technology, "eCommerce for small and medium-sized luxury business."
Government Web Apps for an Online Divorce Servicehttps://www.gov.uk/divorce/file-for-divorce
Released two web applications in public beta under strict UK government guidelines, managing thousands of requests per month.
• Managed a multidisciplinary team of 25 IT professionals in a challenging environment.
• Restructured the tech delivery teams to enable efficiency and better collaboration by dividing 16 engineers into two divorce feature teams.
• Mentored and coached teams to apply Agile best practices.
• Facilitated workshops to identify inefficiencies and worked with the team to improve processes.
Replatforming the Leading UK Consumer Website
Led the migration of a high-traffic website with 5,000 live web pages to a new AWS infrastructure, delivering five major releases, including new system architecture, a new on-site search engine, and new templates for content management.
• Oversaw an outsourced IT development agency and a product team.
• Developed and negotiated the 3-year IT managed services agreements and contracts with third-parties.
• Instilled new ways of working to align the technology roadmap with business objectives for the next two years.
• Developed a team capability matrix and persuaded IT senior managers to add headcount.
• Hired and set goals for a project manager.
eCommerce Marketplace Launch for a Leading Media Companyhttp://www.mailshop.co.uk
Project managed a multimillion-dollar initiative built on cutting-edge SaaS technologies to create a multimerchant eCommerce platform for millions of readers.
My daily activities included removing blockers, anticipating issues, proactively managing risks, facilitating collaboration, motivating teams, and keeping the team focused with daily standups and a Kanban board. In addition, I led several discovery workshops with third-party vendors, the data team, and the product owner, and I introduced an Agile delivery framework to the portfolio team. I also challenged the product owner to build an MVP solution to de-risk the go-live date by focusing on core features and performance metrics for future enhancements. Ultimately, I received the IT award for outstanding performance in 2016.
Master's Degree in Computer Science
Engineering School of Information and Digital Technologies (EFREI) - Paris, France
Foundations in Creative Leadership
SAFe 4 Agilist
Scaled Agile, Inc.
Certified Scrum Professional (CSP)
Scrum Alliance, Inc. | via Agil8
How to Work with Toptal
Toptal matches you directly with global industry experts from our network in hours—not weeks or months.
Share your needs
Choose your talent
Start your risk-free talent trial
Top talent is in high demand.Start hiring