Verified Expert in Project Management
Nate is an expert agile product and program manager with over a decade of experience leading organizations and teams through organizational transformations and delivering projects as a product or project manager. He has a rare combination of experience working for some of the largest corporate environments as well as an on-the-ground contributor in entrepreneurial settings, meeting deadlines and exceeding expectations.
- Built the product organization from the ground up with no infrastructure, stakeholder management, or delivery management.
- Created product management best practices for the entire organization, with 30+ product owners and managers reporting to my organization.
- Led distributed teams from around the globe in locations including Singapore, Brazil, Norway, Germany, Argentina, and England.
- Created new user research approaches to better understand farmers and agronomic distributors across major farmer market types: professional farmers and smallholder farmers.
- Led product strategy to secure a 14 million active hectare target, up from 8 million in previous years (board reported KPI). Improved user retention in key products from 43.9% to 92.5% in less than one year.
- Created lasting and successful processes that improved organizational efficiencies, including the global intake process and PI planning cadence.
- Led the internal portfolio of between 27 and 33 product owners/managers and took overall satisfaction and engagement scores from 3.2 (below organization average) to 8.9 (above organizational average).
Digital Project Manager
Fit Wind LLC
- Led the establishment of agile product and project management processes for the initial MVP.
- Facilitated and planned company onsite meetings where major scoping decisions were made to support the launch of the MVP.
- Led the senior leadership team through the problem space and solution space definition phases to ensure product launch features met customer goals and solved customer pains.
- Created and maintained a lean governance model for the organization to operate within as the systems got closer to launch.
Director, Consulting Services
- Led a team of project and program managers to establish a portfolio and the program management office for a telecom industry client. This PMO included portfolio management, resource allocation, value realization, intake management, and training.
- Led five cross-functional teams in the mortgage LoB for a national financial institution and drove throughput from 40% actual vs. committed to 90% actual vs. committed across features.
- Integrated the Atlassian toolchain and established an agile delivery model for an oil and gas client, transforming their ERP system.
- Negotiated contracts consistently on behalf of clients, identifying key elements of scope, timeline, and budget limitations to meet project demands.
- Led the implementation of a third-party API integration platform with a regional financial institution.
- Requested, refined, and defined customer requirements for multiple engagements.
- Managed a team of 12 developers, analysts, quality assurance analysts, and project managers, delivering a CRM implementation for an oil and gas client.
Vice President Client Partnerships, Partner
Six Weeks to Agile
- Led a team of seven to fifteen scrum masters and agile coaches in delivering agile transformations to various clients across the United States as the lead transformation architect.
- Facilitated user story mapping and customer empathy workshops for product organizations within the financial industry.
- Stood up an enterprise-wide Jira instance for a manufacturing organization with over 10,000 users.
- Defined the MVP product for the executive management team utilizing user empathy and customer profile canvases.
- Worked alongside the CEO of a medical startup organization and established an operating structure for the IT department.
- Joined a 15-member team as a business analyst and elevated my responsibilities to project manager after the course of three major releases.
- Solicited requirements from key stakeholders and acted as the product owner for clients transitioning their current state processes into a dynamics CRM.
- Led teams of three to five developers throughout many proofs of concept presentations and demos to the client, winning new business through a critical understanding of client needs.
- Created the project plan and executed it while managing client expectations and deliverables for a large ombudsman portal at an energy company.
Consumer Lending Transformation
Transformed the consumer lending program to a scaled Agile environment and launched new MVPs into the market.
Unified the entire Salesforce program for an oil and gas client under a scaled Agile framework and released a valuable MVP.
Enterprise LMS rollout
Led digital transformation for a learning management system at a large corporate dentistry organization.
In addition to managing the overall budget burndown, I acted as the scrum master for the project teams, facilitating scrum ceremonies, helping to groom the backlog, and delivering value to the end-users that was delivered on time and 200,000 under budget.
AgTech Product Re-launchhttps://at.farm/
I led product strategy to secure a 14 million active hectare target, up from 8 million in previous years (board reported KPI). I also improved user retention in key products from 43.9% to 92.5% in less than one year
When I first joined the team, the product was in shambles, and the customer retention was awful. We successfully reset the product organization with clear accountabilities and a clear mission to be able to satisfy organizational objectives as well as serve the customer. With the successful launch of critical features, including the Crop Nutrition Plan, we now lead the industry in providing real-time nutrition management for farmers on a global scale.
Bachelor's Degree in Economics
Arizona State University - Tempe, Arizona
Certified Scrum Master