Director of Software Development2016 - 2019Cisco
- Acted as the Cisco liaison and leader for a 125-member offshore software development team. Took over while this team was in the middle of their agile transition and continued the transition, which resulted in a 2x productivity increase.
- Led the team which delivered a ground-up SaaS implementation of Auto Attendant and VoiceMail for Cisco's Spark Call cloud Unified Communications platform.
- Led the team which delivered several successful releases of Cisco's premise-based Voice Mail product which worked in conjunction with Cisco's Unified Communications suite of products.
- Led the team of scrum-masters for the Customer Contact Business unit. The scrum masters were responsible for the support of 500 engineers.
- Served as the executive leader of the business unit's lab team, which provided lab and technical support for the entire business unit, including over a dozen premise-based and cloud products.
Senior Software Engineering Manager1999 - 2016Cisco
- Led and managed the team, which built a ground-up social network interface for Cisco's suite of Contact Center products (SocialMiner). This product was the first in the business unit to use the scrum development methodology.
- Managed the team, which delivered a new Agent Desktop for Cisco's suite of Contact Center products (Finesse). While in this role, the team delivered the initial release and five subsequent feature and maintenance releases.
- Led a wide variety of teams and projects for different components of Cisco's Unified Contact Center Enterprise solution. Responsible for the project management and delivery of products with over 20 software releases.
- Participated in several industry trade shows as a Cisco representative to interface directly with customers.
- Traveled to customer sites to help resolve issues and be the face of Cisco for the customer. Managed each encounter despite the technical challenges and criticality of the situation.
Chief Technical Officer1991 - 1999Perimeter Technology
- Assisted the leadership team which bought the assets of Perimeter Technology, and grew revenue five times and the company size four times during our first five years as an independent company.
- Led Perimeter Technology's software development team. This included all management responsibilities, program management for all software releases, as well as hands-on product development.
- Oversaw the software architecture and implementation of Perimeter's VU-ACD Contact Center reporting product. Completely rewrote Perimeter's primary product to bring it up-to-date, remove technical debt, and increase sales.
- Adapted the VU-ACD reporting platform to work with multiple Centrex ACDs, which greatly expanded Perimeter's total addressable market, resulting in a doubling of sales.
Hardware Development Manager and Engineer1983 - 1991Summa Four
- Designed 80% of the hardware for the SDS-1000, a programmable Time Division Multiplex (TDM) telephone switching platform. It was the success of this product that led to Cisco's acquisition of Summa Four.
- Managed all aspects of the hardware development for the SDS-1000 product. This included over a dozen different hardware projects, including core components, analog, and T1 telephony interfaces.
- Provided on-site customer support whenever necessary to support customer issues.
- Acted as the primary liaison to Aspect Telecommunications, who built their initial Contact Center product by adapting the SDS-1000 hardware architecture that I created and implemented.