Head of Engineering2019 - PRESENTWolters Kluwer TAA Europe
- Led the transformation of engineering practice and cloud integration (Azure) for a SaaS accounting platform managed across three locations in NL, Ukraine, and India.
- Worked on reporting and management of a multi-million dollar development budget.
- Ran projects towards improving applications and infrastructure, and worked on compliance and vendor management.
Product Owner (contract) and DevOps Coach2017 - 2019Nationale Nederlanden (NN)
- Recruited and built a local/remote DevOps team responsible for CI/CD toolchain within NN Group.
- Coached upwards of ten teams towards DevOps maturity through the use of Agile/Scrum and CI/CD tooling.
- Led the build of AWS infrastructure zero-touch solutions (EC2, S3, RDS, terraform, ansible) for the rollout of CI/CD tools (Artifactory, Sonarqube, Xray, Gitlab).
- Worked with stakeholders from across IT management, business and architecture to define a roadmap and best practice for DevOps tooling.
- Worked with software vendors on licensing and support models (build vs. buy).
Owner2015 - 2019Xyglo
- Created an irrigation management system featuring a mobile app (Ionic/Angular/Node.js) with back-end and IoT integration. This is a fully customized stack built for the client.
- Developed the iOS and Android apps as both native and cross-platform using Angular and Ionic framework.
- Provided consultancy and integration work for clients in the Netherlands and the UK.
Senior Devops Consultant (contract)2016 - 2017Swiss Re
- Designed and developed accounting rules as part of the Corporate Solutions projects.
- Provided Agile and Scrum coaching, Git training, and Atlassian toolchain knowledge for developers.
- Built and maintained CI/CD pipelines for CorSo project.
- Worked across the organization to improve DevOps capability.
- Integrated Aptitude (low code platform) into source control and build systems.
Build and Configuration Manager (contract)2015 - 2016Shell (Projects and Technology)
- Led CI/CD migration project for developers towards VSTS/Azure DevOps (2,500 seats).
- Built and supported CI/CD pipelines in JetBrains TeamCity and VSTS.
- Provided Agile and DevOps coaching and support for development teams across P&T.
Configuration and Release Manager (contract)2014 - 2015Philips
- Created release strategies for Teradata DWH project team and aligned with Philips release management.
- Developed Teradata training and outreach.
- Assisted project team with data warehouse and ETL design and release strategies.
- Performed stakeholder review and recommendations for best-fit processes for DWH releasing.
Senior Business Analyst2013 - 2014ING
- Used Aptitude business rules to build and roll out general ledger accounting solutions for commercial banking in ING.
- Performed gap analysis from existing systems (OST) and provided optimizations in new designs and business processes with the new system.
- Introduction and training for Scrum and Agile processes within DevOps teams.
- Led automation of rollout new system alongside the old system.
Project Manager/Senior Developer (contract)2007 - 2013Rabobank
- Provided project management for regulatory reporting LCM replacement of over 30 Citrix based reporting instances.
- Served as the team lead for regulatory reporting DevOps team and led development team effort.
- Worked as a senior developer in accounting and finance for accounting rules generation and DWH build.
- Designed the data warehouse (DWH); delivered ETL design and development.
- Sat on the GFS architecture board–responsible for global financial systems.