Agile Project Manager2019 - PRESENTGuidehouse
- Joined the National Cancer Institute under the National Institute of Health to assess the current agile processes and tools implementation maturity in alignment with their stated mission and strategic goals. Led Retrospective across a team of 40.
- Ran the implementation of a SaaS predictive analytic offering for Guidehouse with a focus on initiatives related to the USG Mission Act and COVID 19 response.
- Led a team of 20 to operate and maintain key systems integral to the USG PEPFAR (President's Emergency Plan For AIDS Relief) program under Ambassador Deborah Birx. Ran agile teams and responded to needs in a fast-paced and demanding environment.
- Organized coaching sessions on communication and media presentation skills for effective presentations to executives and teams. Topics included non-verbal communication, online presence, effective meetings, and understanding your audience.
- Stood up agile product development lifecycle for Guidehouse, a piece of intellectual property that is now part of the firm's cannon and used across engagements to standardize the way we deliver software solutions.
Management Consultant2010 - 2019Booz Allen Hamilton
- Served as innovation transformation lead to the Navy to support the Sailor 2025 initiative within their HR effort to transform digital tools and services available to the sailor of the future. Led development of roadmaps to define solution delivery.
- Led agile software development teams as both scrum master, program oversight, and product owner as a part of Booz Allen's Strategic Innovation Group, a section of the firm devoted to bringing products and solutions proactively to the market.
- Served as innovation and agile team lead for the US Marshal Service within the Department of Justice, transforming manual and paper-based processes to automated solutions using modernized Microsoft technology stacks.
- Partnered with Intel Corporation, Dell, and HP to open an 8,000 square foot Innovation Center in the heart of Washington DC, an open, collaborative space dedicated to the intrapreneurial efforts sponsored by Booz Allen's Strategic Innovation Group.
- Delivered several conferences and served on panels on internal Communities of Practice and external agile conferences on topics of agile teamwork, agile in the federal space, and agile and the role of executive sponsorship.
Agile Coach2008 - 2010National Council of Architectural Registration Boards
- Coached scrum teams and provided hands on software development in C# and .NET.
- Launched two key platforms to 100,000 customer-based transforming paper-based processes to online workflows, creating efficiencies and reducing operating expenses by 40%.
- Analyzed vendor relationships and brought in several key vendors to assist with agile training and certifications.
- Briefed senior leadership on status reports including team velocity, release burndowns, sprint burndowns, impediment, and risk reviews.
Software Engineer2007 - 2008Excella Consulting
- Developed OLTP applications for the Real Estate division of the Carlyle Group.
- Followed agile methodologies including sprints, releases, scrums, burndowns, and impediments using the Version1 tool.
- Led Community of Practice public speaking discussions to internal audiences to spread knowledge internally to our organization and share intellectual property.
- Assisted in recruiting efforts and talent retention strategies to keep talent onboard and source new talent in the marketplace by attending recruiting events and developing new requisitions.
- Pair programmed with junior programmers to mentor and bring new talent up to speed with current processes and procedures.
Quantitative Analyst2004 - 2007Corporate Executive Board
- Researched Fortune 500 companies through analytical methods and interviews to capture thorough data capture effort.
- Analyzed and synthesized data through advanced statistical methods including regression testing and factor analysis to identify trends in the data.
- Published report of compiled research across a set of more than 50 Fortune 500 participatory companies showing trends and themes that the data evidenced in our researched.
- Presented material to CIOs and Vice Presidents of IT walking them through the analysis and trends and answering their questions about the research.
- Worked collaboratively on teams to develop new research and product ideas to take to market in upcoming product development cycles.