Verified Expert in Project Management
Rupesh is an outcome-focused program, project, and PMO with expertise in leading global carve-out/setup of NewCo, delivery of enterprise transformations (up to £150 million), delivery portfolios (30+ parallel projects), and the setup of six global PMO functions (up to a £600 million budget). Rupesh has diverse expertise across technology, deployments, and business change that has earned him accolades in companies such as Ernst & Young, Barclays, GlaxoSmithKline, and Johnson Matthey.
Carve-out Program Manager
Lloyds List Intelligence
- Held a leadership role reporting to the CTO/CIO for carving out the business, enterprise IT, and product platforms from Informa Group across 10 countries during a 12-month transition service agreement (TSA) period as part of Montagu Private Equity's investment.
- Led the 'sign to close' phase, Day 1 readiness planning, migration planning, and enterprise target operating model (TOM) development, collaborating with the deal advisory team from a Big 4 firm and the seller, achieving an early TSA exit within eight months.
- Established and oversaw the program, including management of sales and marketing, finance, HR, products, infrastructure, end user technology, cloud hosting infrastructure, networking, data warehousing, and business analytics workstream.
- Implemented the sales and marketing suite, incorporating Salesforce, CPQ, Eloqua, and Quip, seamlessly integrating into Product ID+E.
Transformation Office Lead
- Reported to the CEO and the chief transformation officer, set up the transformation office to integrate two acquired entities, and prepared the combined entity for future transactions.
- Led the definition of the organizational structure, the C-level leadership, and its vision, and set up the cadence, performance management, KPIs, frameworks, and operating procedures for the integrated business.
- Defined and implemented the product development roadmap and synergy realization plan for improving EBITDA by approximately 2%.
- Implemented the group people strategy and defined the target operating model for enterprise tools and process integration.
Transformation Program Manager
Freelance (Software Asset Management Product Company)
- Reported to the chief product and customer officer, led the scaleup and delivery transformation, and accelerated execution and value creation by 100%.
- Defined and implemented best-in-class target operating model across product lifecycle management (strategy, roadmap, engineering, launch, support, and continuous improvement), organization structure, architecture, people, and vendor processes.
- Operationalized the transformation outcomes into business-as-usual through the set up of the product operations function.
Carve-out PMO | Program Manager
- Reported to the CEO and TPG board members, i.e., private equity investors, for the carve-out and separation of a digital media business from DAZN Group and setup of NewCo operations across 17 countries.
- Established the program and the PMO, leading implementation across ERP, finance shared services, HRIS, payroll and benefits, CRM, ad tech and Ad Ops, hosting, Google Workspaces, user tech, data/BI platforms, global offices, and support services.
- Defined a best-in-class enterprise target operating model and a harmonized delivery roadmap in partnership with C-level business stakeholders across finance, HR, sales, products, ad tech, IT, and support services.
- Led the complex separation, achieving 40% cost savings from the early exit of the transition services agreement (TSA).
Transformation PMO Lead
- Worked on a £150 million transformation program, delivering a single enterprise system, processes, and data across finance, procurement, commercial, manufacturing, MES, and supply chain functions, while reporting to the chief transformation officer.
- Led the PMO development and execution of transformation-focused program framework and governance function and directly managed the board and C-level stakeholders.
- Utilized SAP Activate, ITSM, Agile, Kanban, and Scrum methodologies to coach teams on engagement, transparency, continuous improvement, and client service excellence.
- Spearheaded continuous improvement initiatives and managed 90 Agile projects with associated business change and training.
Program Manager/Continuous Improvement Lead/Hypercare Lead/PMO Lead
- Joined a large-scale SAP ERP transformation program as part of new leadership to recover and turnaround the program to consolidate 10+ ERP systems to an enterprise platform, processes, and data.
- Managed implementation plans to turn-around and deliver a large-scale SAP system build and rollout, business change, and training (1,000+ users in each site) across manufacturing and finance sites in the UK and Europe.
- Headed continuous improvement, delivering 90 SAP agile projects with associated business changes and training.
- Facilitated the new support service introduction, establishment, and delivery of ITIL-aligned 24x7 post-go-live support.
- Led the setup, development, and effective execution of a global program PMO function.
Digital Trasformation PMO Lead
- Led the setup and management of the PMO in the global transformation of a messaging and collaboration platform to an integrated Microsoft platform across Skype for Business, Microsoft Exchange, SharePoint, Yammer, and Office Online.
- Established a center of excellence (CoE) PMO and took over the flight path to remove technical debt. Managed the creation and implementation of a strategic roadmap aligned with compliance and change practices.
- Implemented Agile methodology, enabling the delivery of iterative marketable outputs. Coached and mentored cross-functional teams in product management, identifying quick-win objectives and incremental product maturity.
Global Head of Digital Solution Delivery and Program Manager
- Joined EY to set up the PMO for the global transformation program. Over the next four years, I delivered challenging programs and projects and rapidly grew to lead a large global delivery function.
- Set up the center of excellence (CoE) and owned the path for retiring and migrating technical debt of around 120,000 applications.
- Led the digital delivery function with the accountability of managing the pipeline, qualification, quotes, pre-sales, and delivery.
- Grew the function to 150+ multi-sourced global teams of project managers, business analysts, architects, and developers, 30+ parallel projects, and a 20+ million budget.
- Managed a £30 million digital transformation initiative with 80+ teams to deliver one of the world's largest digital document management solutions, including application and infrastructure, on the Microsoft platform for client collaboration.
- Spearheaded the delivery project of an agency-designed UX application for a digital enterprise-level content management platform and its mobile application.
- Introduced and implemented Agile to transform the function's reputation within the business.
VP: Program Delivery Office (PMO) Lead
- Joined the team as head of PMO for the corporate banking business change portfolio to set up and manage the change portfolio management best practices for the product management team.
- Served as the lead PMO for a £25 million strategic billing initiative to transform the IT, operating model, and operations for the strategic billing program across 4,000 clients and £2 billion in revenue.
- Implemented a business case-driven agile product/portfolio management process for investments in new and existing products, increasing agility to respond to the market, reducing throwaway investment, and increasing business benefits.
- Set up key enterprise-level portfolio PMO best practices and framework.
Project Manager and PMO Lead
- Joined the Global SAP Practice Leadership office as a management trainee.
- Accomplished status of ‘Global Services Partner’ for HCL Axon. Created a 'net new' qualified sales pipeline of £30 million.
- Headed post-merger integration PMO of a $650 million buyout of Axon Global by HCL Technologies.
- Designed and implemented balanced scorecard KPI measurements across 100+ client engagements with £450 million revenue.
- Set up and delivered program processes in line with GxP requirements for a £600 million SAP-enabled transformations in 55 countries and 50,000 users. Managed the deployment roadmap and led task-force for recovery plans.
Project Manager and Project Analyst
- Set up a greenfield Cold Rolled Sheet manufacturing plant as project manager.
- Set up up a greenfield cast iron foundry plant as the project analyst.
- Managed a 200 people manufacturing unit as the operations manager.
Football Media: Carve-out Program Management
Achieved 40% cost savings from early exit of the transition services agreement (TSA) and established a best-in-class enterprise operating model and harmonized delivery roadmap across finance, HR, sales, products, AdTech, IT, and support services
Established the program and successfully led the implementation, including ERP, finance shared services, HR systems, payroll, rewards and benefits, CRM, AdTech and AdOps, hosting and IT infrastructure, Google Workspaces, end user technology, data/BI platforms, product team setup, global offices, and internal support services.
Tax Document Management Solutionhttps://www.ey.com/en_uk/tax/global-tax-platform
Successfully delivered EY's Global “TDM” (Tax Document Management) solution and platform for the global tax practice for 150 countries, 55,000 users, and hosted in three global data centers.
Responsible for delivery of the IT program comprising numerous workstreams and third-party vendor purchases and integration.
Significant leadership responsibility, leading a team of ~100 contributing to the program. Board and partner level stakeholder management, significant budget responsibility ($6 million per annum for FTE).
Implemented SharePoint based “web portal” to replace legacy EY client portal application. EYKeyspace will serve as single point of entry into all client facing tax applications, including the TDM portal as well as other established in-house developed and third-party maintained and hosted applications.
ERP Program Manager
Turned-around and delivered large-scale SAP system build and roll-out, migration, business change, and training (1,000+ users in each site) across manufacturing and finance sites in the UK and Europe.
Led the setup, development, and effective execution of global program functions, including directly managing board and C-level stakeholders. Turned around and delivered a large-scale SAP system build and roll-out, migration, business change, and training (1,000+ users in each site) across manufacturing and finance sites in the UK and Europe.
Transformation Program Manager
Led 100% scaleup and delivery transformation for value creation acceleration in six months.
• Scaled up engineering delivery capability by 100% over a 6-month period and set mechanisms for data-driven predictability.
• Operationalized transformation outcomes into business-as-usual through set up of product operations function.
Master's Degree in Business Administration (MBA)
ICFAI Business School - India
Professional Scrum Master Level I (PSM I)
SAP Activate Project Manager
SAFe 5 Agilist
Scaled Agile, Inc.
Agile Program Manager (AgilePgM)
Managing Successful Programs (MSP) Practitioner
SAFe 4 Agilist
Scaled Agile, Inc.
How to Work with Toptal
Toptal matches you directly with global industry experts from our network in hours—not weeks or months.
Share your needs
Choose your talent
Start your risk-free talent trial
Top talent is in high demand.Start hiring