Séamus has spent a large portion of his career at Microsoft—starting as a developer, moving onto a project manager role, then as a scrum master, and finally as an Agile coach for an organization of scrum masters. He has extensive experience in delivering line-of-business apps with a particular emphasis on moving applications into the cloud. Seamus is currently working on projects that result in fair and ethical machine learning models.
ExpertiseBlockchainBusiness PsychologyCertified ScrumMaster (CSM)Cloud MigrationGitKanbanResearchScrum
Lead Engineer | Project Manager
Ugliest Horse Studio
- Directed the project management of all the ongoing engineering work.
- Acted as the scrum master for the engineering team.
- Provided business-to-business support for released components.
- Wrote and designed statements of work for the selection of Vendors and contractors.
- Managed a team of engineers and artists.
- Designed and implemented the artificial intelligence for the B2B components.
- Acted as a scrum master on more than ten projects.
- Contributed to the build of a cross-platform app (iOS, Android, web).
- Adopted engineering best practices (TDD, CI/CD).
- Implemented an app portfolio analysis for cloud adoption.
- Coached a team, using the Agile methodology, and encouraged best practices and provided guidance.
- Managed a geographical-distributed engineering team.
- Ran large, multi-year, high-budget projects.
- Managed onsite software deployment projects.
- Took on business analytic product ownership including new KPI adoption and management.
- Created cross-region alignment on software outage management.
- Managed local data-center modernization including visualization and VoIP adoption.
- Developed a crisis strategy including onsite power-management and data backup and restoration.
Led the team that created the client apps based on an existing web app and back-end which tripled monthly unique users.
As part of this project, we took the existing web-based client and back-end, updated the services, and implemented a Windows, iOS, and Android client app to allow elevated permissions for deployments.
RDR | Psychology Toolhttps://github.com/Jiyko/Reddit-Data-Reader-via-pushshift
Led the creation of an open source tool for the gathering of psycholinguistic data for academics.
The tool gathers Reddit data and formats it so it can be quantified in the most commonly used psycholinguistic tool, LIWC.
Acted as the scrum master/PM who managed the move for the Showcase IT app from web exclusive to the web, iOS, and Android.
We were brought in to modernize the project, move the application from dedicated hardware to the cloud, create mobile client apps, and provide own ongoing support of the live site and production environment.
• Increased the number of users to 150,000 unique monthly actives.
• Created iOS and Android mobile apps with a common code base.
• Decreased downtime and increased user satisfaction scores.
• Reduced the support cost with hardware optimization.
Simple AI | A Boid Swarmhttps://www.unrealengine.com/marketplace/simple-ai-boid-flock-movement
Re-implemented a movement algorithm from 1985 governing swarm decisions from a modern game engine and sold it to businesses.
This component is being actively sold to other game development businesses where I own the ongoing relationship with these companies as well as manage the support and sustain the requirements.
Master's Degree in Cyber Psychology
IADT | Dún Laoghaire Institute of Art, Design and Technology - Dublin, Ireland
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Systems
University of Limerick - Limerick, Ireland
AWS Partner: Accreditation (Technical)
Certified Scrum Master