Director of Project Management2019 - 2020Ventive, LLC
- Oversaw the development of ten client web application projects and staff of 12 scrum masters and product owners.
- Led the organizational move from waterfall to Agile; instituted Scrum and lean product development.
- Created the company onboarding structure, professional development plans, and one-on-ones for all employees.
- Established systemic quality improvements involving code reviews and multi-stage testing, test automation, and deployment testing.
Agile Project Manager2017 - 2017Konexus, LLC
- Served as the scrum master for three teams: DevOps, government features development, and quality engineering.
- Doubled the velocity of feature delivery for government clients by reducing the critical backlog and winning new contracts.
- Led a team to improve the system alerting recipient count max by 6x over seven sprints, achieving a max load of more than 200% of the largest customer recipient count.
- Spearheaded the company’s automated test strategy with the team achieving 100% coverage of all APIs, all check-ins unit tested prior to merging to trunk, and the development of robust UI test frameworks.
Quality Engineering Manager2015 - 2017Macys.com
- Defined and coordinated automated the testing strategy for 5-7 development teams in the domain.
- Defined and led a transformation within our domain that moved ownership of quality to development teams, optimized automated testing, and reduced release iterations from four to two weeks, doubling the numbers of releases per year to 26.
- Raised unit test coverage to over 85% across all teams.
- Coordinated the release testing activities for the organization for four release cycles.
- Served in a liaison role between release engineering, business, development, and QA teams across 25 teams to bring features and changes to release quality on time for launch.
Quality Assurance Automation Development Manager2014 - 2015Macys.com
- Managed the test automation development team delivering automation framework and reporting solutions for the QE organization.
- Led a team to deliver an automated web UI test framework which scaled to six sections, 25 teams, and over 8,000 tests that ran daily via Jenkins on multiple operating systems, browsers, and platforms (desktop, tablet, phone).
- Led a team to deliver an automated web-based, real-time quality metrics dashboard that saved over 100 hours per week previously spent manually collecting, analyzing, and reporting results. The results were archived for over three years.
- Oversaw the team that implemented the continuous integration pipeline to enforce a base level of quality for all commits, gating all development work through multi-stage automated testing.
Project Manager2010 - 2014Hewlett-Packard
- Managed web services, digital send, and copy development teams.
- Turned around two distressed teams and obtained leading results.
- Off-shored the web services subsystem ownership after the onshore team achieved excellent efficiency gains.