Verified Expert in Project Management
Shailja has over ten years of experience in IT software application development and enhancement using Agile methodologies as a senior project manager and lead business analyst. She is a certified Project Management Professional with a bachelor's degree in IT and an MBA in marketing. She is outgoing and detail-oriented, with excellent communication skills. Altogether, these have helped Shailja effectively handle the full software project lifecycle systematically for several multi-year projects.
Associate Director | Senior Project Manager
- Led the team as a senior project manager to accomplish the first phase of the risk modernization program for the Market Risk product.
- Held several workshops to clarify upcoming work with the team and get acceptance of major milestones.
- Helped teams adopt processes consistent with Agile values and principles.
Technology Delivery Manager
TD Bank Group
- Advocated and implemented the POC for multi-product flows in the digital channel Easy Apply platform.
- Led the planning and several releases for the evolution program to introduce multi-product flows for the Easy Apply platform.
- Implemented the regulatory gender identity program while navigating multiple dependencies.
Lead Business Analyst
- Upgraded the core banking application with 10+ projects based on regulatory circulars issued to prevent financial crime and fraud.
- Led UPI project for SCB, making it the front runner in India's most sophisticated public payments infrastructure.
- Administered JAD sessions and interviews with various stakeholders to detail and specify features in user stories and use cases, use case diagrams, data models, and as-is and to-be diagrams.
Lead Business Analyst
- Led the unified payment integration project making Standard Chartered Bank the front runner in India's most sophisticated public payments infrastructure.
- Upgraded the core banking application with over ten projects based on regulatory circulars issued to prevent financial crime and fraud.
- Acted as a liaison between the business and development teams to analyze business needs and create business/functional requirements on Jira and Confluence.
Associate Project Manager
- Implemented several projects in the health insurance domain for Aetna Inc. to add new self-insured products for a specific group of customers which gave the system the ability to quote and rate through an automated process.
- Helped Aetna to preserve and gain market share by introducing several new products on time for their clients.
- Reduced average errors in project quality audit from seven to two in a period of six months through an intra-project process improvement program.
Evolution Project for Multi-product Applications in TD Easy Apply
Led and successfully delivered the proof of concept (POC) and multiple releases of the client onboarding application for TD Bank to become multi-product.
Small Business Banking Application for TD Bankhttps://www.td.com/ca/en/business-banking/small-business/bank-accounts/
Launched and led several releases for onboarding small business customers to TD Bank via digital channels, enabling customers to open business banking accounts online.
Gender Identity Requirements Across Digital Channel Applications
Accomplished the implementation of gender identity requirements across TD Bank's multiple digital channel apps, ensuring compliance with regulatory requirements.
Master of Business Administration (MBA) in Marketing
Great Lakes Institute of Management - Chennai, India
Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology
Galgotias College of Engineering and Technology - Greater Noida, Uttar Pradesh, India
Certified ScrumMaster (CSM)
Project Management Professional (PMP)
Project Management Institute (PMI)
Foundations of Business Analysis
How to Work with Toptal
Toptal matches you directly with global industry experts from our network in hours—not weeks or months.
Share your needs
Choose your talent
Start your risk-free talent trial
Top talent is in high demand.Start hiring