Product Owner | Head of Agile2019 - PRESENTABi InBev — ZX Ventures (Venture Capital Unit)
- Served as a product owner for mission-critical portfolio management platform upgrade for deal status, financials, data and vertical news feeds, and the MVPs of product launched.
- Formed new Agile teams globally, acting as scrum master for eight teams, and providing training and long-term coaching as I hire local resources.
- Worked with global VPs and their business units and stakeholder on strategic agile initiatives, defined and reported on Agile KPIs and developed a maturity model.
- Expanded the use of Azure DevOps across the global business unit to create a consistent dashboard and Agile processes.
- Worked with the portfolio manager and data team to define and execute on metric and KPI data feeds.
Agile Transformation Lead (Contract)2019 - 2019Dell EMC Technology
- Researched workflows and create a library of Agile story templates across a number of business units.
- Developed and iterated on complete Agile Playbook to guide future team employing agile methodology.
- Developed Agile frameworks to be adopted by different types of teams both US and globally based.
- Acted as a scrum master for four months—coaching teams and SMs as they became more mature in Agile skills.
Lead Project Management and Technology Consultant2019 - 2019Mterra (Energy Startup)
- Acted as the lead consultant for all technology/IT/digital efforts for this energy firm run by top Wall Street executives and a petroleum senior leader.
- Performed due diligence in enterprise communications platform(s); including the complete contracting and configuration of software, users, and permissions/access controls.
- Led research, vendor due diligence, and integrations for financial/general ledger platform.
- Developed the entire digital strategy including negotiating the domain names, moving DNS records to various technology platforms, and building out the site infrastructure,.
- Managed the branding and marketing team on logo development, website content strategy, SEO, and taglines.
- Led the project management processes including selecting the enterprise platform for PMs (internal and vendor) to collaborate on.
- Managed the projects for all system analysis, implementation, website, and marketing efforts.
Principle Consultant | Senior Project Manager2017 - 2018NewVantage Partners
- Worked directly with a partner at a boutique consulting firm on technology management for a top four US bank and Fortune 40 insurance firm.
- Performed project management, Agile training, and Agile coaching—leading client resources to understand and adopt Agile methodology for their big data workstreams.
- Worked as a project management lead, developed plans, and actively managed a large software release program. Managed large Salesforce.com build with complex data migrations and transformations, as well as the DevOp processes.
- Documented current state business processes, workflows, project goals, and resource utilization.
- Developed and documented a product-based operating model for an entire big data client organization; this included a working model, process flows, roles, and responsibilities.
- Owned the software merge and environment deliverable to improve SDLC within a development QA stage and production environments.
- Developed Agile training materials which include gamification and two-day work-session materials.
- Configured Jira, with workflows, writing all of the story and task templates, and trained to optimize the fields for a client team.
Strategic Technology Project Manager and Initiatives Leader (Contract)2016 - 2017Cenveo
- Acted as the project manager, product owner, and core team member—leading an end-to-end digital transformation along with the CIO and SVP digital supply chain.
- Oversaw and was responsible for the product management of our digital application product lifecycle and the integration with enterprise applications and web services from CMS to ERP, EDW, and analytics platforms.
- Built a new technical architecture driven by a best-in-class CMS, microservices, TIBO service bus, and an enterprise data warehouse.
- Developed and managed product specs, marketing assets, and technical architecture.
- Performed vendor due diligence, wrote RFP and interfaces to in-house third-party software APIs and systems.
- Led a digital transformation to enhance operational efficiencies for Cenveo across operations, finance, and business analytics group and to create an integrated and automated digital business.
Senior Project/Program Manager (Lead Digital Strategist)2015 - 2016Ernst & Young FSO Digital Group
- Spearheaded the project management and digital strategy engagement at a major P&C insurer to develop a digital claims experience and data optimization with user experience and technology deliverables.
- Engaged with client leadership to gain buy-in on the need for digital servicing and engagement.
- Spearheaded the digital marketing and content strategy track for consumer brokerage firm engagement to enable an enhanced partnership with brokerage’s clients and increase KPIs, such as AUM, GNA, DARTs, and increased retention efforts. Developed program for acquisition, retention, and upsell based on customer data.
- Led efforts across multiple engagements to perform analysis of available data, how to leverage it across customer segments and cohorts, and how to move data into data lakes and data marts (Hadoop).
- Acted as the project management lead on major insurance carrier digital claims strategy project, heading up a team of eight.
- Developed project margin calculations on monthly basis and wrote engagement agreements and MSA with the firm's legal group.
Senior Project Manager and Strategy Practice Lead2013 - 2015EMC Global Consulting — Digital Group
- Developed a cohesive strategy practice and project management principles.
- Expanded engagements in digital and content strategy and established strong project management discipline.
- Developed new clients to broaden the group’s focus into a wide-ranging set of verticals. Led core engagements with a JPMorgan Chase, Amex, Mars, BNY Mellon, Liberty Mutual, GE, and other Fortune 100 firms.
- Acted as the project manager and product owner for JPMorgan Chase's global HR application for 270,000 employees; designing, managing development, and driving an Agile process to reinvent the app along with personalization for all employees based on their role.
- Leveraged also data to present relevant information, speed up the HR process, and develop a data governance model; also integrated a third-party application.
- Worked with EMC, Third Party, and JPMC development teams to coordinate and refine requirements, specifications, and deployment.
- Acted as the program manager and strategy lead employee data governance and digital transformation product at Amex in order to uncover and fully leverage data to assign employees to relevant projects.
- Developed a model for data field source of truth across 13 repositories.
- Wrote business and functional requirements including as-is and to-be scenarios for application development and enhancements.
- Led and managed engagements included a consumer-facing credit card platform, a digital employee workplace applications at Mars Inc. and for Liberty Mutual Insurance; this also included content transformation, data visualizations, and analytics/algorithm platforms.
- Managed timelines, margins, resource allocations, and contractor agreements with an EMC operations leader to continue project management excellence in the group.
Engagement Director and Project Management Lead2009 - 2013HUGE LLC (Part of IPG Group)
- Drove digital strategy and product development for large-scale engagements.
- Created programs for C-level and senior director clients to transform the digital channel into the client’s primary content and marketing tool, allowing them to drive lead generation, optimize content workflows, and monetize their digital properties.
- Worked closely with agency CEO and partners to create long-term client relationships with global perspectives.
- Owned the portfolio of engagements with multiple clients.
- Worked as a project manager for GE Capital—collaborating with the CMO and GE corporate brand team to completely transform the brand’s digital strategy and represented HUGE in monthly multi-agency strategy meetings.
- Led engagement and commerce on a B2B site, drastically improving site KPIs for lead generation and thought leadership engagement.
- Expanded relationship with GE to include its European sites and global digital strategy, engaged with GE EMEA marketing leaders to transform EMEA unit’s digital presence, engagement, and online lead generation.
- Facilitated very high margins along with a substantial amount of customer satisfaction.
- Defined, as a program manager, the requirements for customer server and order platform and acted as the product manager on the portal strategy, defined the functional specs, UX standards, for Nestle Waters North America's major B2C and B2B web application.
- Led a team on developing the digital strategy to improve Nestle Waters North America's eService functionality through a complete redesign of seven brand websites while leveraging a common infrastructure, data warehouse, and back-end platforms.
- Worked with teams on Nestle Waters North America's marketing communication plans to further leverage digital channel and increased net sales 15%.
- Expanded the Nestle Waters North America engagement into an annual retainer and became a core partner in the Nestle inter-agency team.
- Led the effort to implement PCI compliance and credit card processing for Nestle Waters North America.
- Spearheaded many engagements as a product owner and lead strategist on cable, mobile wallet, media, and wealth management projects for Dow Jones, Hearst, Syancor, and SEI.
Vice President, Director of Project Management, and Senior Project Leader2008 - 2009Digitas (Part of Publicis Group)
- Managed projects and teams across a portfolio of client engagements and partnered with the marketing team to offer strategic guidance to clients.
- Successfully led multiple digital pitches with wins in excess of $5 million.
- Oversaw and was responsible for client engagement, digital strategy, and profitability.
- Directed a team of associate directors and managers with three direct reports while partnering with marketing, creative, strategy, and technology capabilities to drive projects to successful completion.
- Led projects in key neuroscience and oncology franchise projects for Bristol-Myers Squibb, increasing strategic work while retaining tactical projects.
- Spearheaded projects and partnered on the successful pitch of a key PRM program, grew the account to $12 million.
- Leveraged my technical expertise to kick-off and manage a team for the key portal implementation across US brands.
- Engaged with BMS finance and global procurement to streamline FDA regulatory processes, approval, and third-party vendor processes (Bristol-Myers Squibb).
- Led the account transfer from Philadelphia to New York office, onboarding a team of project managers, marketing, and technology staff (Bristol-Myers Squibb).
- Worked with finance to reorganize the financials—uncovering and correcting numerous accounting deficiencies (Bristol-Myers Squibb).
- Managed client relationships and drove future projects in the pipeline.
- Partnered with a marketing team to increase business 400% to over $4 million in fees.
Senior Project Manager and Client Service Team Program Leader2006 - 2008LBi — IconNicholson (now part of Publicis Group)
- Directed the strategy across a portfolio of client projects.
- Worked as a member of the client service team (CST) and was responsible for client engagement, digital strategy, solution quality, and profitability.
- Managed resource allocation for client services for 20 team members and on projects up to $3 million.
- Oversaw and mentored three members who directly reported to me.
- Worked on Massachusetts General Hospital’s (MGH) web redesign project as a product owner and manager on a 12-month engagement; much of the technical architecture, information design, and single site platform is still in use ten years later.
- Led the strategy and implementation of redesigning MGH’s digital platform to serve the hospital centres, patients, and community better.
- Engaged with MGH’s diverse group of hospital care centers to define and document their requirements and to integrate them into a cohesive platform strategy.
- Ensured constant communication with the MGH’s CIO to make sure that the deliverables matched his vision.
- Directed a team of architects, business analysts, and content strategist to work with MGH in developing content for the new healthcare portal.
- Defined new processes to allow for the creation of centralized site content.
- Worked as a senior project manager and a leader of a team of architects, engineers and designers for McKinsey & Co. on two years of feature additions and redesigns to core platform.
- Acted as the product owner for a new paradigm for McKinsey as a digital thought leader with printed media as a secondary source.
- Developed the requirements and specifications for a complete redesign of the UX, strategy, and technology for McKinsey's web app.
- Managed McKinsey's strategic projects with $2 million in annual fees to add new features and partnership programs to site, to drastically increase loyalty and C suite engagement.
- Project-managed a B2B customer and finance billing/account portal to reduce manual intervention and use of spreadsheets for major corporate delivery accounts.
Senior Project Manager and Product Manager2005 - 2006Time Inc. Interactive
- Managed relationships with senior editors on projects across a portfolio of Time Inc. Interactive (TII) for EW.com, People.com, and Parenting.com.
- Led the SME group to specify the next generation of the content management system.
- Collaborated with the president of TII, director of products concerning their legal, and corporate information security on vendor due diligence and technology audits.
- Managed EW.com's complete site redesign including the business requirements, technical specifications, design systems, and user experience.
- Designed user-submitted content systems to allow for enhanced functionality and UGC.
- Directed research for updated semantic engine system to drive dynamic pages for Time Inc.’s sites (an SEO and metadata categorization project).
- Evaluated TCO across the pilot and second, and third phases of the project and budgeted for stakeholders (for the SEO and metadata categorization project).
- Improved search results across Time Inc.’s websites and worked with their interactive president to evangelize SEO best practices which led to additional revenue (for the SEO and metadata categorization project).
- Spearheaded the effort to implement accessibility standards (for the SEO and metadata categorization project).