Agile Project Management Consultant2016 - PRESENTFreelance
- Worked with startup companies to provide project management and operations management consultation in healthcare IT, education, nonprofit, and engineering. The total portfolio exceeds $3 million.
- Created full-fledged project management implementation plans, accounting for ROI, cost-benefit, and other analyses.
- Integrated Atlassian tools for requirements and agile project management.
- Resolved conflicts and negotiated agreements between parties in order to reach win-win solutions to disagreements and clarify misunderstandings during the project.
- Implemented reporting and onboarding operational project improvements that result in significant savings and improved profit margins.
- Provided and maintained accurate and timely project management information in all project plans, communications, status reporting, and SharePoint sites.
- Performed detailed assessments of project management risks to determine constraints and develop mitigation strategies.
- Utilized bottom-up and top-down cost estimating to establish project budgets.
- Created budgeting templates and execute estimate vs. actual analysis—accounting for project variances on a phase/deliverable/resource level. Worked with internal teams and clients to resolve budget variances.
- Worked with clients, business analysts, and developers—during the project discovery phase—to build mind maps, user experience workflows, and wireframes.
Technical Project Manager — Presales2015 - 2016IBM
- Worked with the sales teams to identify new opportunities over $1 million within retail markets.
- Engaged with sales and potential clients to deliver product demonstrations.
- Developed sales demonstrations using Watson Analytics.
- Worked with sales team to build project estimates for project proposals.
Senior Project Manager2014 - 2015State of Pennsylvania Department of Transportation
- Managed the project development lifecycle for a local project—reimbursement agreement and pavement asset management system projects, in excess of $3 million.
- Led the project team through the requirements validation process and mentored junior staff in requirements gathering and project management best practices.
- Tracked and reported project management scope and project results to external customers and other stakeholders.
- Developed project management templates to create consistency in reporting.
- Led the quarterly executive reporting effort as a project manager to the project management office.
Agile Project Manager2007 - 2012Deloitte Consulting
- Joined the company as a business analyst, eventually worked my way to project manager for a series of federal government business intelligence implementations.
- Worked within a highly matrixed environment to implement a budgeting system for the US Department of the Navy in one of the largest operations software implementations in agency's history, exceeding $2 billion.
- Monitored contracts and service-level agreements to identify potential risks and implement mitigation actions to protect the development process from unforeseen delays and costs.
- Planned and executed functional requirements gathering via interviews, document analysis, storyboards, use cases, and business process mapping.
- Worked with stakeholders to prioritize requirements and plan for a phased release schedule.
- Designed and implemented a change control process for requirements.
- Coordinated biweekly stakeholder meetings for project actions and risk-information sharing.
- Drove Cognos BI projects to completion by utilizing a Waterfall project management methodology.
- Mentored 25 junior consultants and business analysts through the PMP certification process.
- Worked with senior leadership to identify areas of potential sales within existing clients.
- Led various efforts to respond to requests for proposals.