Agile Project Manager2020 - 2020Toptal Projects
- Project-managed within Toptal team to craft an RFP response for US-based clients.
- Crafted the candidate list of user stories and the candidate data model from the RFP information.
- Overhauled the candidate project schedule and the team composition to align with the RFP priorities and planned work.
- Designed Toptal questions for the RFP Q&A session and participated in the vendor Q&A session.
Agile Coach2020 - 2020Major US Staffing Provider
- Coached leaders for a new staffing software platform to deliver this product to their client companies using agile thinking and scrum methods.
- Trained the product owner in agile thinking and scrum methods, cycles, artifacts, and more.
- Coached the development lead in transforming Jira work items to represent business/user-focused epics and stories versus technology components and tasks.
- Worked with tech leaders on new training materials and templates (e.g., SOW) for both the internal team and for use with clients, as they kick off new client projects.
- Experimented with dual-track agile. For each client, the team will go through design sprints to gather the customization/configuration specs (staffing policies, approval workflow, system integrations, worker types, and more). As each design sprint ends, the development team can then pick up those user stories for development/delivery.
- Guided the product owner role, scrum cycles, process, Jira setup, retraining materials, client SOW templates, epics and stories, and so on.
Scrum Master and Agile Coach for Integrations Team (Six-month Contract)2019 - 2019Panalpina/DSV
- Implemented scrum ceremonies (backlog grooming, sprint planning, daily standup, reviews, and retrospectives).
- Managed the backlog with product owners as part of my role.
- Coached the team, which included forming, storming, communication, process improvements, sprint goals, and finding the team's "North Star."
- Worked with Jira and Confluence. Documented processes.
- Provided user story guidance which included naming, descriptions, splitting, the definition of ready, defining when something is done, linking, and subtasks.
- Trained the team in agile thinking and scrum concepts and processes.
- Managed the reporting and team progress dashboards.
Senior Project Manager2018 - 2019Ignite Technologies (via Online Freelance Agency)
- Managed software projects for Ignite clients, including new installations, upgrades, custom work, and product configurations. The products include Acorn, FirstRain, Sensage, Placeable, ScaleArc, Knowledge Marketing, and all products owned by Ignite.
- Worked within a highly automated environment using Smartsheet, its reports, and dashboards.
- Managed ongoing product improvements via Scrum and Kanban methods in Jira.
- Oversaw PMO playbooks in Confluence and worked within a lean PMO.
- Spearheaded approximately ten projects concurrently.
- Managed and monitored work on approximately 50 projects within a new project management approach since January 2019.
- Worked mainly with US-based clients—Ignite team members are typically global.
- Incorporated the Cardinal Mark 5 product teams (Knowledge Marketing, Olive, Firm58, ResponseTek, and RMSA) into Ignite's process, including SIPOCs creation, Jira and Confluence training, daily standups, work prioritization, and process improvements.
Director of Enterprise Agile Delivery | Program Manager | Agile Enterprise Coach2017 - 2018Nextiva
- Worked as an enterprise agile coach/leader to improve the delivery flow, feedback, and continuous learning.
- Managed a team of six Scrum Masters in Phoenix and Kyiv, Ukraine.
- Led discussions with teams to align on the following definitions: done, ready, story pointing, slicing, versioning, and other common framework concepts.
- Implemented a central site for impediments to increase visibility across the entire CRM platform.
- Reviewed all team retrospectives while looking for common issues and themes for improvements.
- Coached product owners to improve stories and match alignment to epics (as product features) and versions (launch, post-launch, and production releases).
- Worked with teams and POs to speed up story-approval to enable QA to start earlier testing.
- Supported the public launch planning via Jira data analysis and project plan (Smartsheet).
- Coordinated with UI/UX/CX design team in designing the framework in Jira so that they could track their work, link it to the development teams' work, and integrate them into the flow of work from start to finish.
- Migrated 20 teams (Phoenix and Kyiv) from Rally to Jira and Confluence while following a common framework and space template to enable the quick startup of new teams and to have a common language, process, and metrics for tracking statuses and predicting delivery velocity.
- Created a new agile Confluence space containing all information about team operations, scrum and kanban framework, sprint cycle, process flow, Jira setup, tips/techniques, roles/responsibility definitions, team ceremony schedules, sprint impediments, velocity summaries, and retrospective library.
Program Manager2016 - 2017PetSmart
- Worked as a program manager handling all of the integrations, reporting, and providing Atlassian and Planview support (six months).
- Led PetSmart's data/enterprise information management (EIM) program delivering holistic customer profile, corporate data analytics, and MDM through various projects and technologies.
- Advanced our use of Agile/Scrum methods to deliver cohesive end-to-end value for the pets and a great pet parent experience to our associates more quickly and consistently.
- Oversaw the Atlassian/Jira and Planview tools admin team for PetSmart Center for Enablement (process improvement team) from June to November 2017.
- Acted as the Scrum Master for the enterprise integrations/API transformation team.
- Evaluated PPM tools to replace the current solution and led the implementation of Sensei's Beacon product (MS Project Online, PWA, SharePoint, and Power BI package).
- Served as the product owner and lead for Jira/Confluence tools.
- Introduced the agile community of practice within PetSmart.
Senior Project Manager (Contract)2016 - 2016Dignity Health
- Worked in Dignity Health's population health team.
- Delivered projects in support of a very large employer-payer implementation, the NaviHealth bundled payment data integration (for a hospital's +90-daycare management), the Salesforce and EDW/data warehouse enhancements, and the LabCorp and Quest data acquisition for the clinical networks the company supports.
Senior International Project Manager2012 - 2016Healthways (now Sharecare)
- Served as the project/program manager for the implementation of the company's services for a major insurance provider in Brazil (2013).
- Deployed the website capabilities fully and launched the company's health coach call center in Brazil (May 2014).
- Managed the implementation of disease management and senior programs (software enhancements, configuration, facilities, and nurse staffing) with the August 2015 launch.
- Oversaw the build of Embrace, a client/server and web app that uses ICD-10 claims data and clinical rules to determine health risks and conditions, stratify the risk level of patients, and provide nurse scripts, patient education, member actions, emails/letters, and other member engagement mechanisms to improve and manage patient wellbeing. The nurse/coach application is fully integrated with the member-facing mobile and portal app. System design has some variations based on client-contracted services and country.
- Acted as the program/project manager and Scrum Master for two major global releases (six months of development) that included updates to the global product in France, Brazil, and Australia.
- Project-managed a major facelift for the company's portal and mobile apps (from July 2014 to August 2015).
- Spearheaded the deployment of a new health and wellness management web application and mobile application for Healthways International (Australia) clients and their health fund members (2012).
- Launched successfully several new Australia clients and managed the Healthways work for a client call center move in Brazil (2012).
- Managed a major release of the company's core software platform for call center nurses, health coaches, and enhancements of the member web and mobile portals (~11 months, 80 enhancements, three countries in 2013).
- Created a new client cookbook to enable the international team to launch products/services for new clients with consistent quality (from 2012 to 2013).
- Oversaw the international strategy development project with the senior leadership team (2012).
Director of Telemedicine Tech Solutions, Business Intelligence, Databases, and Middleware | Program Manager | Team Leader2008 - 2012Mercy Health System
- Worked as the director, program manager, and senior project manager of telemedicine technology solutions.
- Delivered TeleHeadache, TeleStroke, remote-home monitoring services, hearing-impaired and language TeleTranslation services, and TelePsych via telemedicine technology.
- Designed a clinician workflow using a combination of telemedicine technology with Epic’s EHR/EMR system.
- Ensured that all critical epic workflow steps were properly defined and sequenced for procedure order, data gathered during the procedure, and billing.
- Established a new telemedicine technology service line for IT, including standard solutions, project intake processes, and project management.
- Worked with clinical leaders to develop a multiyear telemedicine roadmap along with budget expectations to meet it.
- Oversaw the cross-functional technical teams in projects resulting in an improvement of telemedicine capabilities.
- Defined eight standard use cases for Mercy TeleMedicine.
- Project-managed the deployment of Mercy’s first telemedicine perinatal center and additional outreach locations (two remote sonogram beds, two remote fetal monitoring, and two TeleVisit rooms).
- Spearheaded the enterprise-wide deployment of vendor software for web-based nurse scheduling (approximately 12,000 nurses, an 18-month plan; Smartsquare software).
- Organized the nursing strategic plan and for the nursing leadership team.
- Acted as the director of infrastructure application solutions, BI/reporting, and database/middleware.
- Managed the DBA group (Oracle, SQL, Epic Cache), the infrastructure application admin group (WebSphere, IIS, SharePoint, Maximo, Ruby, Quality Center, AppWorx, DataStage, TIBCO, and more), BI operations, and Clarity Reporting teams (approx 40 staff).
- Supervised the business intelligence (BI) operations and Epic/Clarity (healthcare management) corporate data reporting, including 370 enterprise reports.
- Oversaw the data warehouse ETL/load, business-objects reporting support, extracts, business objects administration, and end-user support.
- Collaborated with the BI custom development team for universal design and development.