Verified Expert in Project Management
With an in-depth technical background and years of experience managing engineering teams in rising startups as well as transforming established enterprise products with millions of users and $100+ million/year in revenue, it’s safe to say that Vasyl can meet your PM needs. He knows how to get the job done with resources provided, having created MVPs with small R&D teams to managing large scrum teams with up to 35 engineers. What drives Vasyl is building innovative products that matter.
Software Engineering Manager
- Led the process of application transformation from targeting the banking market to focusing on the crypto (BTC) market.
- Established high quality and security standards for new application releases to address strict requirements in the fintech domain.
- Managed a team of back-end (Java/Go), iOS/Android, and data science engineers that worked on core application functionality related to communication with financial data providers.
- Designed and implemented new subscription and billing systems.
Software Engineering Manager
- Planned and executed the discovery phase for a new FoodTech startup (UberEats and DoorDash alternative) in the Saudi Arabia market.
- Facilitated a smooth project launch and building of the product Alpha version.
- Сreated and prioritized the features list, performed a SWOT analysis, estimated the project budget, and controlled execution.
Software Engineering Manager
- Joined the team at the start of acquiring and importing half a billion worth of product—a social network for companies' intranet—that was used by 4 million users.
- Continued maintaining and enhancing that product with a greatly reduced team (at least 20x smaller) while improving results.
- Migrated the product from data center hosting to a native cloud solution based on AWS services.
- Managed a team of chief architects that successfully rearchitected a legacy monolithic application into a microservices-based application.
- Established quality standards and processes for product releases that allowed 21 high-quality releases for various microservices—analytics, integrations, search, insights, recommendations, news, and rewards—within one quarter.
- Facilitated the redesign of the legacy recommendation engine and machine learning module for building and maintaining real-time models per user's relevance that can be used to order result sets on a personalized basis.
Business Development Manager
- Executed the discovery phase of VR mobile/web application aimed to show company office spaces and internal culture to potential job applicants. The result of this phase was the product prototype and detailed project plan.
- Implemented a proof of concept for the integration of an e-learning product with Microsoft Teams.
- Executed the discovery phase for the web platform that facilitates the creation of integrations between different third-party applications, APIs, and tools. The result of that work was the detailed project plan with costs and time estimation.
- Accomplished the discovery phase for the insurance aggregator web platform that allowed to compare different insurance products from different companies and purchase the best insurance online.
- Completed research about the possibility of customizing Odoo ERP/CRM to be used by the local businesses and government organizations.
Software Engineering Manager
- Promoted from software developer to manager of the Ukrainian part of a global international project that consisted of four teams—R&D, maintenance, QA, and test automation—while product grew from startup to #2 position in the world market.
- Coordinated a large portion of product R&D activities that allowed the company to implement features that were the critical product differentiators in the market and were presented at top tech conferences like VMworld.
- Managed activities related to product integration with VMware, AWS, and Azure that allowed to implement company strategy of moving product from hosted on-prem solution to hybrid cloud solution.
- Developed key product functionality like the implementation of RDP protocol in Java, support of secure login methods like smart card logon that allowed government institutions to use it and continuously appear in the leaders' section of Gartner MQ.
Founder | Developer
FinChecker (Pet Project)
- Designed a web service for personal finance management with advanced analytics. It analyzes the structure of income and spendings and suggests the best investment strategies for maximizing passive income.
- Worked on various projects that can be expanded upon request.
- Suggested staff for Java-based projects and assisted with the setup of company learning programs for java engineers and interns that allowed to grow the Java team room by 50% (from 39 to 60 Java engineers).
- Managed the Java engineers' bench and created several internal projects that allowed to develop company competency in emerging Java technologies.
- Took part in all interviews and performance assessment meetings for Java engineers that allowed to keep and raise the bar of company proficiency in Java stack of technologies.
Java Technologies Expert/Consultant
- Initiated, planned, and implemented various projects based on Java technologies that allowed the company to win and successfully deliver multiple projects.
- Created the detailed plan/proposal for RFP of the project that aimed to facilitate secure access to highly-restricted zone in the Middle East. That proposal was selected by the customer and the project was implemented on time and within the budget.
- Analyzed an existing Android mobile application and in response to the customer request, I designed a similar app for BlackBerry mobile that facilitated sales in the airport's duty-free zone—successfully implemented and delivered.
- Investigated and fixed performance issues in a time-tracking application for BlackBerry mobile that made some application processes run few times faster.
- Developed the company expertise in Android and created the first company native Android application that managed phone calls billing.
- Aided a customer that was stuck with the implementation of his product (screen recorder) because of very poor product performance and lack of macOS support. Resolved these blockers and delivered the final solution within four weeks.
- Designed and implemented a Java client on desktop and Android applications for a software statistics service product (similar to Google Analytics but for non-web applications) that allowed the product to cover all major platforms and tech stacks.
- Helped customers to switch from their existing product technology stack (Pentaho, Liferay) to a new one (Groovy, Grails) that increased the performance of product implementation by several times.
- Created the architecture of a demand-management system that facilitated operations for the timber transportation industry in Northern England and Southern Scotland.
- Implemented a web UI and advanced reports for visualizing different information important both to truck drivers as well as company business owners.
- Developed a SCORM-compliant LMS to enable the client to quickly be aligned with the latest critical industry standards.
- Implemented a BlackBerry mobile application for course display. This work increased the product's range of devices for a critical enterprise segment.
- Contributed to the implementation of a product feature that could generate web content along with learning materials. This feature increased the potential list of controls that could be included in the learning course.
- Established a continuous integration process using CruiseControl on all projects in the company to automate project builds, tests, and deployments.
- Created different SVN hooks to analyze commits before merging them into VCS for blocking code changes that were not passing company quality bars.
- Setup the Trac tool for different projects for using it as a single point of storing project-related information in the wiki-style format.
Numbrs: Banking and Crypto Accounts Managementhttps://www.numbrs.com/
Led the process of application transformation from targeting the banking market to focusing on the crypto (BTC) market.
• Managed a team of back-end (Java/Go), iOS/Android, and data science engineers that worked on core application functionality related to communication with financial data providers.
• Designed and implemented new subscription and billing systems.
Jive: The Intelligence-driven Intranethttps://www.jivesoftware.com/
Setup quality standards and processes for product releases—facilitating 21 high-quality releases for microservices.
• Responsible for (analytics, integrations, search, insights, recommendations, news, and rewards) within one quarter.
• Managed a team of chief architects that successfully completed rearchitected the legacy monolithic application into a microservices-based application.
• Joined the team at the start of the acquisition and imported half a billion of product that's used by 4 million users.
• Continued maintaining and enhancing that product with a much smaller team (at least 20x smaller).
• Migrated the product from data center hosting to a native-cloud solution based on AWS services.
Xceedium Xsuite: Privileged Access Management Producthttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=04bUxqlN-qA
Helped to manage a global team—including R&D, maintenance, QA, and test automation—to grow the product to #2 in the market.
• Joined project as a software developer and eventually became the manager of the Ukrainian part of a global international project that consisted of four teams—R&D, maintenance, QA, and test automation—to help the product reach the #2 position in the world market.
• Coordinated a substantial part of product R&D activities that allowed to implement features that were key product differentiators on the market and were presented on top tech conferences like VMworld.
• Managed activities related to product integration with VMware, AWS, and Azure. This work enabled us to implement transition the product from an on-premise hosted solution to a hybrid cloud solution.
• Developed the key product functionality, e.g., the implementation of RDP protocol in Java and support for the secure login methods like smart card logon that allowed government institutions to use it and continuously appear in the leaders' section of Gartner MQ.
Xyleme: Learning Content Management Systemhttps://www.xyleme.com/
Developed a SCORM-compliant LMS—enabling the client to quickly become aligned with the latest critical industry standards.
• Implemented a BlackBerry mobile application for course display. This work increased the product's range of devices for a critical enterprise segment.
• Contributed to the implementation of a product feature that could generate web content along with learning materials. This feature increased the potential list of controls that could be included in the learning course.
Master's Degree in Applied Mathematics and Informatics
Ivan Franko National University of Lviv - Lviv, Ukraine
AWS Certified Solutions Architect Associate
Machine Learning Crash Course with TensorFlow APIs
Functional Programming Principles in Scala
École Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne | via Coursera
Project Management Professional (PMP)
Project Management Institute (PMI)