Verified Expert in Project Management
Veljko is a seasoned project manager with a technical background in web-related technologies and 14+ years of experience in the software industry, 10 of which as a software engineer. He is a genuine, communicative person who enjoys creating new things and seeing how ideas turn into reality. Veljko believes that nothing great can be achieved without a good team and an inspiring environment, and it is why he likes being surrounded by creative people who enjoy sharing ideas.
- Built a new department to deal with research in data collection and processing from the internet. In just two years, we were able to meet all initial requirements.
- Launched five projects based on the newly developed technology that contributed to the company's expansion and growth.
- Grew a small research and development team into a full-sized team in charge of data acquisition and processing for the entire company.
Technical Project Manager
Orion Business Innovation
- Led several teams in parallel, totaling 43 people. Started as an Agile project manager in a small team of five engineers until becoming responsible for two main accounts and seven projects.
- Handled estimation and negation on several new projects for the company.
- Scaled a project from the initial trial phase with four engineers into two full-sized teams with 20 engineers.
Lead Software Engineer
- Set up and managed a team of front-end developers to develop several web and eCommerce applications for the Abu Dhabi National Oil Corporation.
- Led the team in developing a custom enterprise resource planning (ERP) cloud application.
- Spearheaded the development of an eCommerce application for a local SME (small and medium-sized enterprise) that has its own manufacturing and therefore required integration with the existing production systems.
- Led the team in the front-end development of a sport-widget module for betting purposes on football, rugby, and golf for the mobile and desktop applications.
- Spearheaded the development of an eCommerce application that allows users inside the company to buy merchandise in local stores and restaurants without using money. The system was composed of the web, tablet, and mobile applications.
- Joined the company as the software engineer of the guest experience management tool that handles the mobile application's content management system (CMS), enabling user administration of the system and additional tools maintenance.
Jaroslav Černi Water Institute
- Created a software solution to monitor excavations' behavior in the tunnel construction processor in the system of large dams.
- Developed a software solution to monitor meteorological conditions at hydropower plants.
- Took part in the team that worked on the system of forecasting electricity production for several hydropower plants in the region.
Electronic Toll Collection (ETC) System
Led the development of an ETC system for motor vehicles in seven European countries and Abu Dhabi.
During this project, my task was to lead two teams totaling 16 engineers. While the first team developed a central billing system, the second team built a web application for the system administrators (back-office).
The most challenging part of this project was that the teams worked in completely separate sets of technologies with separately defined sets of development plans.
Ticketing System for a Manufacturing Company
Developed a system from scratch for the needs of a large multinational company that manufactures industrial tools and machines.
It was very challenging for us as a team to create a tool that combined a lot of the functionality of great and well-known tools. At a given moment, it was necessary to do reverse engineering on some parts of the existing tools while working on making something new and different compared to what already exists on the market.
Smart Web Crawler
Developed a set of tools that can recognize and analyze content on web pages, carrying out specific studies according to the selected scope.
As a result, it was necessary to use all the conveniences of cloud computing and natural language processing. The system can automatically identify the sources it needs to check and compare current results with previous ones.
Master's Degree in Computer Science
Faculty of Engineering – University of Kragujevac - Kragujevac, Serbia
Certified Scrum Product Owner (CSPO)
Accounting and Finance for IT Professionals
Indian School of Business (ISB) | via Coursera
Certified Scrum Master (CSM)
How to Work with Toptal
Toptal matches you directly with global industry experts from our network in hours—not weeks or months.
Share your needs
Choose your talent
Start your risk-free talent trial
Top talent is in high demand.Start hiring