Verified Expert in Project Management
For the past five years, Vera has combined her passion for work with her knowledge to empower teams, with as many as 20+ developers, to deliver exceptional results. She's worked with companies of various sizes—from startups to highly ranked Fortune 500 companies—in diverse industries, including healthcare, professional services, and retail. Vera joined the Toptal network because it enabled her to work with new clients and meet new industry professionals.
Service Delivery Manager | Product Owner | Project Manager
- Led distributed teams of over 20 people for one of the top Fortune 500 companies on the development of a web application.
- Collaborated with stakeholders, domain experts, and technical leads to analyze business needs and, accordingly, prepare solution proposals.
- Facilitated onsite and online discovery workshops for different phases of the project; helped stakeholders to define the product vision, prepare requirements in user-story format, prioritize them, and define product roadmaps.
- Took an active role in project and iteration planning, tracking, and reporting project status.
- Supported teams by providing required information from relevant sources by facilitating sprint events and removing impediments so they can perform at their best.
- Documented the project kick-off and project execution processes at a company-level. This documentation included procedures, flow charts, templates, and a set of recommendations.
Agile Project Manager
- Led a distributed team and stakeholders to set and improve the development process and maintenance of multiple Magento eCommerce projects.
- Collaborated with the newly established remote team on the development and launch of the Shopify eCommerce store;
- Facilitated discovery periods for new clients and defined the backlog, roadmap, and project timeline.
- Monitored and controlled the project budget and reported about current status to internal stakeholders.
- Supported teams by facilitating sprint events and removing impediments so they can perform at their best.
IT Administration Department Manager
- Managed the costs of the internal IT administration department;
- Led initiatives for automation of maintenance of the company's infrastructure that resulted in a significant reduction of labor and hardware costs.
- Managed a team of 3 system admins and DevOps engineers that supported the whole company.
Software Development Project Manager
- Led teams of 1-15 people throughout the complete software development lifecycle (SDLC).
- Facilitated discovery workshops on web and mobile projects and defined functional specifications, roadmaps, and solution proposals for projects.
- Created wireframes and prototypes for web and mobile applications using UXPin.
- Oversaw the maintenance of the backlog in Jira, including defining requirements in form of tasks/user stories, prioritizing tickets according to business value, and defining project milestones.
- Monitored and controlled project budget; also reported about project costs to internal and external stakeholders.
- Oversaw the go-to-market activities for several products which included business strategies, different marketing efforts, and sales strategies.
Process Improvement Specialist
- Managed the project for the implementation of a BI (QlikView) solution for monitoring the most important business KPIs and metrics.
- Ensured that the integrated management system complied with the requirements of ISO 9001, ISO 14001, OHSAS 18001, and AS 9100.
- Handled customer complaints and, based on the root cause analysis for complaints, worked with the process owners on the implementation of appropriate corrective and preventive actions.
- Implemented various methods for continuous improvement in diverse business processes.
Web Application | NDA Project for a Top-rated Fortune 500 Company
Led distributed teams, facilitated on-site and online discovery workshops, and built a strong relationship with customers.
• Acted as a delivery manager and was responsible for the delivery of two post-MVP versions of a web application. For version 3, I led the discovery phase and kicked off the development.
• Worked with teams of 20+ people that were engaged in various roles: developers, QA engineers, solution architects, UI/UX designers, and DevOps engineers. The teams were distributed in various time zones with an 8-hour discrepancy.
• Facilitated Scrum events and worked with teams on continuous improvement in processes.
• Led on-site and online discovery workshops and defined requirements for three versions of the product.
• Worked with the team on the preparation of the project scope, roadmap, and requirements in user story format.
• Collaborated with designers to provide UI/UX solutions that fit the needs of the end-users and stakeholders.
• Provided post-delivery support.
Actively worked on several post-MVP versions of this product, established a strong relationship with clients, and helped them to transform their vision into a product.
• Defined the requirements for post-MVP versions of the application, created the project roadmap, supported the team during the iterations, and delivered new features and post-delivery support activities.
• Led a remote team of more than ten people that were engaged in various roles: software developer, QA automation engineer, system admin, DevOps, UI/UX designer, manual QA, and so on.
• Established strong relationships with clients and helped them to transform their vision into working software.
The project was quite successful since it consolidated the functionalities of multiple other apps. It allowed users to target audiences precisely, generate new leads, and enhance customer retention in the automotive industry.
Implementation of a QlikView BI Solution
Implemented a QlikView BI solution into the sales, purchasing, and quality departments of a mid-size company.
The project consisted of:
1. Discovery: Identifying the business intelligence strategy, establishing KPIs and metrics with stakeholders, and defining other requirements for BI dashboards.
2. Implementation: Outsourcing work to an external vendor, defining requirements and priorities for implementation, and overseeing implementation validation.
3. Support: Deploying and training of internal staff.
The project outputs were dashboards that analyzed the most crucial business and quality KPIs/metrics in the sales, purchasing, and quality control departments. These dashboards and reports helped the company to identify key areas for improvement.
Tool for the Automation of Budget Planning, Approval, and Monitoring
Automated the process for the budget planning, approval, and monitoring for a mid-size IT company with more than ten departments.
• Managed the full SDLC of the budget planning and approval tool and defined requirements and solution for the budget monitoring tool.
• Mapped and documented the internal business processes for budget planning, approval, and monitoring.
• Proposed the solution that streamlined and automated the business processes.
The solution included several Microsoft 365 products (Microsoft Flow, Power Apps, and PowerBI) combined with its data-sources (Zoho People, QuickBooks, and internal applications for time tracking).
Through the budget planning tool, users would be able to submit, change, and approve budgets. Once the budgets would be in place and approved, employees could view the actual usage of the budgeted amounts daily through the budget monitoring tool.
The project was vital for the company's business operations because it helped streamline and simplify internal processes and effectively facilitated communication between more than ten department managers and the CEO.
RecipeIQ | Cross-platform Mobile Application for the Calculation of Nutritional Value of Recipeshttps://www.recipeiqapp.com/
Launched the MVP of a cross-platform mobile application for the calculation of the nutritional value of printed and online recipes and managed development of further versions.
• Managed the discovery phase of a React-Native cross-platform mobile product (iOS/Android) that helps users to calculate the nutritional value of printed and online recipes.
• Led a distributed team of four developers, one QA, and a designer towards the delivery of MVP.
• Oversaw the marketing, branding, and go-to-market activities for the product.
• Created a strong and transparent relationship with the customer and guided them through all phases of product development.
Augmented Reality (AR) Mobile Application | Project Under NDA
Developed the Android version of an AR mobile app used for marketing purposes.
I was responsible for the full SDLC (software development lifecycle) for the Android version of this application. I acted as a delivery manager/product owner and successfully led the distributed team of four developers.
eCommerce Solution for Multiple Countries
Standardized and optimized the development of the new stores and store views of a single Magento eCommerce installation resulting in a reduction in development time by over 30%.
• Standardized process of collection of requirements and development for multiple stores and store views.
• Facilitated sprint events, clarified requirements, and reported about project status and progress.
• Led an international remote team working in several time zones.
Master of Engineering Degree in Production Engineering
University of Novi Sad, Faculty of Technology - Novi Sad, Serbia
Bachelor's Degree in Production Engineering
University of Novi Sad, Faculty of Technology - Novi Sad, Serbia
Product Management Specialization
University of Alberta
Professional Scrum Master I
Six Sigma Principles
University System of Georgia
Manager of Integrated Systems ISO 9001 and ISO 14001
BSC Center for Business Standardisation and Certification, Novi Sad
How to Work with Toptal
Toptal matches you directly with global industry experts from our network in hours—not weeks or months.
Share your needs
Choose your talent
Start your risk-free talent trial
Top talent is in high demand.Start hiring