Verified Expert in Engineering
Wouldn't it be great to work with someone who knows every layer of application development? Aaron is that someone. He's been creating applications for about 20 years and involved with every aspect of the development process. Previous roles have included architect, senior web developer, and systems engineer. Aaron has improved scalability and performance on projects, fixed bugs, and delivered improvements that resulted in services running nearly 200 times faster.
Linux, Docker, React, Elasticsearch, MongoDB, Node.js, PHP, NGINX, Amazon Web Services (AWS), MySQL
The most amazing...
...project that I've developed from architecture to release is Cognapt. It's a web application for tracking, sharing, and analyzing everyday events in one's life.
- Completed most of the onboarding configurations and setup on my own. This allowed the rest of the team to continue working without spending much time helping me come up to speed.
- Identified and repaired a number of security-vulnerability issues.
- Assisted in onboarding new members of the team and improved the onboarding documentation.
- Designed and implemented a secure, highly-available, and crash-resistant server infrastructure using Docker Swarm, Cloudflare, EC2, and S3.
- Architected and built the entire application from scratch using Next.js, Node.js, Elasticsearch, MongoDB, and Sass.
- Protected against regression and buggy releases with automated testing and CI tools such as Jest, Backstop, and CircleCI.
- Improved the local development environment with Docker and Docker-Compose. This system made onboarding new engineers easier, helped keep everyone's local database up-to-date, and unified the development experience for the team.
- Improved scalability, reliability, and performance in 30+ different areas.
- Integrated with multiple external systems such as Box, Microsoft Teams, IFTTT, and Diffbot.
Architect, Senior Web Developer, Systems Engineer III
- Enhanced and supported eight different web applications and microservices.
- Fixed bugs and made improvements in 50+ different areas. Some improvements resulted in services running almost 200 times faster than before.
- Collaborated directly with DevOps to improve reliability and performance and to troubleshoot and fix pre-existing issues.
- Improved the execution time of one critical piece of functionality by 70% with only ten or 20 additional KBs of memory.
- Used Jenkins, Selenium, PHPUnit, and Ant to automate repetitive tasks related to deployment and testing.
- Recognized as Employee of the Quarter for dedication to duty and helping to bring new personnel up-to-speed during a time of heavy attrition.
Senior Developer, Web Developer, Programmer
- Hundreds of bug fixes, performance improvements, and optimizations.
- Recommended, designed, and implemented a Kimball-style data warehouse. The warehouse addressed performance and accuracy concerns that had arisen from the pre-existing data structure without compromising data integrity.
Git, NGINX, CircleCI, Jenkins, Bamboo, Docker Swarm, Vagrant, Apache, Docker Compose
Linux, Docker, Amazon Web Services (AWS), MacOS, Oracle
MySQL, PostgreSQL, Elasticsearch, MongoDB, Redis
Next.js, AngularJS, Jest, Express.js, PHPUnit