Senior Developer2021 - PRESENTIntermountain Healthcare
Technologies: React, Node.js, Git, Express.js
- Completed most of the onboarding configurations and setup on my own. This allowed the rest of the team to continue working without spending much time helping me come up to speed.
- Identified and repaired a number of security-vulnerability issues.
- Assisted in onboarding new members of the team and improved the onboarding documentation.
All Roles2020 - PRESENTOversplode Inc
Technologies: Node.js, React, Next.js, Gatsby, Elasticsearch, MongoDB, NGINX, Docker, Git, AWS, Cloudflare, Sass
- Designed and implemented a secure, highly-available, and crash-resistant server infrastructure using Docker Swarm, Cloudflare, EC2, and S3.
- Architected and built the entire application from scratch using Next.js, Node.js, Elasticsearch, MongoDB, and Sass.
- Protected against regression and buggy releases with automated testing and CI tools such as Jest, Backstop, and CircleCI.
Senior Developer2018 - PRESENTSharpr
- Improved the local development environment with Docker and Docker-Compose. This system made onboarding new engineers easier, helped keep everyone's local database up-to-date, and unified the development experience for the team.
- Improved scalability, reliability, and performance in 30+ different areas.
- Integrated with multiple external systems such as Box, Microsoft Teams, IFTTT, and Diffbot.
Architect, Senior Web Developer, Systems Engineer III2015 - 2018TCS Technologies
- Enhanced and supported eight different web applications and microservices.
- Fixed bugs and made improvements in 50+ different areas. Some improvements resulted in services running almost 200 times faster than before.
- Collaborated directly with DevOps to improve reliability and performance and to troubleshoot and fix pre-existing issues.
Software Engineer2011 - 2015Helix Education
- Improved the execution time of one critical piece of functionality by 70% with only ten or 20 additional KBs of memory.
- Used Jenkins, Selenium, PHPUnit, and Ant to automate repetitive tasks related to deployment and testing.
- Recognized as Employee of the Quarter for dedication to duty and helping to bring new personnel up-to-speed during a time of heavy attrition.
Senior Developer, Web Developer, Programmer1999 - 2011Various Companies
- Hundreds of bug fixes, performance improvements, and optimizations.
- Recommended, designed, and implemented a Kimball-style data warehouse. The warehouse addressed performance and accuracy concerns that had arisen from the pre-existing data structure without compromising data integrity.