Software Developer2008 - PRESENTFreelance
Technologies: iOS, Python, Django, Node, Rails, Linux
- Provided consulting and development services to several clients including MongoDB, Flipboard, Identified, Launchpad Toys, a hedge fund, a defense contractor, and a large enterprise software company.
- Created an iOS game including on-device video compositing.
- Designed and developed iOS game screens, including OpenGL components.
- Built a mobile friendly web app for visualizing sensor data feeds and a system for collecting the data using Python, app engine, and jQuery.
- Programmed web tools for data reporting and normalization using Rails, PostgreSQL, and jQuery.
- Created a professional networking website using Rails and Backbone.js.
- Built a data analysis library in Python.
- Developed a number of other applications.
Software Engineer2008 - 2013MongoDB
- Wrote most of the MongoDB query subsystem as a part time employee and later as a contractor.
- Played a key role in implementing fixes in the storage and replication subsystems.
- Implemented hundreds of features and optimizations.
- MongoDB Github history: (http://goo.gl/RPbfOL) and public JIRA history (http://goo.gl/JkWXKU).
Member of Technical Staff2004 - 2008Sun Microsystems
Technologies: C++, Tcl, Python
- Developed software for the Bechtolsheim/Cheriton StreamStar distributed video server project.
- Implemented a real-time pipeline for MPEG TS feature extraction and sanitization.
- Created new RPC interfaces for content ingestion.
- Audited, refactored, and developed features in several areas, including MPEG ingestion and processing, disk scheduling for content ingestion and real time streams, RAM and bandwidth reservation scheduling for network switches, asset management, stream session management, kernel I/O drivers, and RPC framework.
Research Assistant2003 - 2004Stanford University Department of Statistics
Technologies: R, Matlab
- Created software for measuring properties of phylogenetic trees within a natural metric space.
- Built software for MCMC-based analysis of ranked data using a noncommutative Fourier basis.
- Developed software for correspondence analysis.