- Full-stack Web DeveloperWe Help You GmbH (Via Toptal)2017 - 2018
Technologies: React.js, Next.js, MERN Stack, Bootstrap 4, MongoDB
- Developed React components.
- Created pages with JSX for server-side rendering.
- Converted designs into HTML and CSS 3 with Bootstrap 4.
- Implemented microservices as different interfaces for the same website with Node.js, Raect JSX, and MongoDB.
- Full-stack PHP Magento DeveloperCatch, Co.2017 - 2017
- Created and maintained extensions that support both front-end and back-end operations.
- Web DeveloperSilver Rock Financial (via Toptal)2017 - 2017
Technologies: React.js, React-redux, React-bootstrap, Node.js, MongoDB, BokehJS
- Supported a financial analysis back-end with a front-end application that gathers user input.
- Created a few reusable React components encapsulating input controls.
- Designed Redux actions and reducers.
- Maintained the view state of forms, each with over 200 input controls to accept financial parameters used for analysis.
- Web DeveloperBraggawatt (via Toptal)2016 - 2017
Technologies: React.js, Node.js, Python, Jinja, PDF Generation, Wkhtmltopdf
- Created a Node/React application gather and format user input.
- Created a Python script running on a standalone server to generate dynamic printable PDFs in various formats based on user input and predefined templates.
- Magento DeveloperStream Companies (via Toptal)2016 - 2017
Technologies: Magento EE, MySQL, Apache Solr
- Restructured the indexing process which had problems due to incomplete modifications to how core indexing works.
- Filtered out bugs through a long process of debugging and code file analysis.
- Implemented advanced administrator control over prices, tax exemption, and shipping costs according to certain conditions.
- Installed and configured Solr to work with the enhanced indexing strategy. Resolved RH platform issues such as blocked ports and exclusive SELinux file permissions.
- Tweaked Solr to include certain attributes so products matching an algorithm locate the results anticipated by the user.
Technologies: Node.js, MongoDB, Facebook Messenger API, Async, Bluebird
- Integrated a chatbot with Facebook Messenger.
- Analyzed user input (through FB Messenger) and processed different input types (images, location, text, postback buttons) and responded using AI algorithms.
- Implemented parallel and Waterfalls.IO operations.
- Used various third-party APIs to identify tokens from messages, such as analyzing locations with Google API and making payments with Stripe.
- Kept track of the context in which the user has been commuting with the app, so the application is aware of how the conversation goes.
- Used MongoDB's capabilities to find results near the user using Mongo's 2D indexes.
- Backend PHP DeveloperElectricrate.com (via Toptal)2016 - 2016
Technologies: PHP, MySQL
- Refined the process for how web services are queried for quotes and orders.
- Implemented a locking mechanism so existing Cron scripts coexist and avoid concurrency issues.
- Simplified the predefined database structure and combined tables and indexes, removing redundant records and obsolete data.
- Web DeveloperSAKS - Smart Notes Facebook Chat Bot (via Toptal)2016 - 2016
- Created web hooks for Facebook Messenger API.
- Created a message parser module that extracts note and reminder time from a user message along with other information such as location and time zone from the Share Location FB messenger button.
- Created a settings module that allows the user to alter chatbot behavior.
- Created a back-end module to alert users with preset notes on time.
- Created a message module that sends formatted cards.
- Created controls for users to control posted notes and to delete, defer, mark done, and share on FB.
- Web DeveloperMessage.io (formally Promptapp.io; via Toptal)2016 - 2016
- Created chatbot integration modules for Evernote and Wunderlist, allowing users to submit a note to @evernote or @wunderlist through the chatbot.
- Created an integration for linking user accounts with @evernote and @wunderlist.
- Created a parser for the chatbot to extract title, note text, and priority from the submissions.
- Created a small testing module for testing the process.
- Lead DeveloperSalesspace2015 - 2016
Technologies: Laravel, PHP, MySQL, React, MySQL, Redis
- Created a front-end to allow the user to submit ad list items.
- Created a back-end to analyze ad posts and republish them.
- Created a financial module that tracks user payments.
- Created a back-end module that monitors ad post stats.
- Supported scaling of the application between many worker processes.
- Web DeveloperKvarna.com/Stidner.com/Shopify.stidner.com2014 - 2016
- Created a Shopify app installation wizard.
- Created back-end modules for rendering Stidner payment methods within Shopify stores.
- Created a browser script for Shopify pages to inject an iframe of Stidner based on the store owner's Stidner API, shipping, and country settings.
- Created a back-end module to submit orders to Shopify upon receiving IPN (push notifications) about payment completion.
- Created a preference and control panel so users see the history of orders and payments and change various settings.
- Web DeveloperLiveyourtruth (via Toptal)2014 - 2016
- Created additional administrator features for Magento EE.
- Extended a Magento caching system to fully leverage site speed.
- Overrode core EE indexing capabilities to suit clients' business needs.
- Created a set of Magento EE extensions to launch a subscription program, awarding customers features like free shipping and discounts.
- Maintained the Magento store performance by tweaking code and cron jobs (background indexing and reporting).
- Administrated the MySQL database of a few hundred thousand customers and a few hundred orders daily.
- Created front-end features to scale the load.
- eCommerce/PHP DeveloperKvarna.com (formerly Bivo.se)2012 - 2014
- Created the Klarna payment method for Magento, OpenCart, Prestashop, and Shopify.
- Created an app store calling a remote Magento API.
- Created Magento extensions to submit products to the ad cloud.
- Maintained customers' eCommerce website code and DB.
- Led junior developers, helping them create reusable OOP to collaborate and coordinate the coding process.
- Created a telephony client to call in a service to activate ads.
- Maintained the front-end of customers' eCommerce websites.
- Linux and PHP DeveloperBizbuilderhosting.com2010 - 2012
Technologies: WordPress, cPanel API, Linux Shell
- Supported the hosting and managing of thousands of WordPress sites, including developing plugins for mass updates using cPanel API.
- Wrote automated bash and PHP scripts for large servers hosting tens of thousands of websites. Script functionality included analyzing Apache logs to detect possible bot activity.
- Created a small messaging system to coordinate between several servers working to build a queue of websites.
- Designed plugins for targeted ads, including link cacheing and full user admin control.
- Developed plugin to reduce bandwidth usage and speed up blogs by identifying and eliminating spiders and robots.
- Created a back-end database for all plugins and sites that also allows plugin updates to be made.
- Wrote statzoomer.com, an extended version of Piwik stats that is tuned for WordPress.
- PHP Web DeveloperAsgatech2009 - 2010
- Created back-end web services that update and publish mobile applications, including program and content updates.
- Developed admin applications for easy moderation of user-uploaded text content and media.
- Wrote the company eCommerce website from scratch. No existing framework was used to prevent future performance issues.
- Windows Desktop and Web Application DeveloperFreelance2006 - 2007
Technologies: ASP.NET, VB.NET, VB6, MS SQL
- Collaborated with a team to write a tourism management application allowing users to plan and reserve vacations, including hotels, routes, and activities.
- Created a support website using ASP.NET for customers who bought the tourism application.
- Supported a business analyst team by writing a tool for business workflow analysis.
- Helped build desktop applications for the management of retail stores. Features included tracking invoices, customers, and products. The applications were written in VB6.
- Teacher and VB DeveloperAMAC - AHRAM Marketing and Computer Center2005 - 2006
Technologies: MS Active Directory, MS SQL, MS Windows Server 2003
- Taught communications engineering courses, with topics including installation, configuration, and maintenance of MS Active Directory.
- Taught MS SQL server administration and security, including MS SQL server programming with Transact-SQL.
- Built a simulated work environment for the class that allowed students to practice Transact-SQL programming techniques.
- Assisted in teaching other courses, with topics including MS Windows XP Professional, MS Word, and MS Excel 2003.
- Developed several small applications in VB for office productivity and document management.