Verified Expert in Engineering
Abdul is a motivated full-stack engineer who loves all things tech, with extensive expertise across industries and tech stacks. Abdul has experience with C++, C#, Java, Python, TypeScript, Node.js, and web development. He enjoys difficult problems with extensive AI/ML, data processing, and algorithm development experience. He is comfortable building products from the ground up and has experience in companies of all sizes. Abdul is a believer in the benefits of TDD and well-architectured code.
Java, Angular, C#, Python, NestJS, React, Amazon Web Services (AWS), MongoDB, PostgreSQL, TypeScript
The most amazing...
...thing I've developed is an IoT and application enablement platform with exceptional UI/UX that clients can tailor to gain valuable insights for their companies.
Senior Software Developer
- Developed a scalable API that allows organizations to track and manage their operations and assets in real-time. Technologies used include Java, Spring Boot, Postgres, and MongoDB.
- Built a fully-featured web application using Angular and TypeScript that exposes the functionality of the Sky Ledge platform. The web app can be white-labeled and extended by customers to accomplish advanced custom workflows.
- Helped develop and run our product development process, including setting up Jira workflows, code review processes, and CI/CD. Acted as Scrum Master and ran Agile ceremonies.
- Built an advanced fleet tracking service from scratch in Python. It receives data from various GPS sensors and leverages the core Sky Ledge API to maintain the state and location of assets. It is horizontally scalable to support thousands of assets.
- Implemented a culture of TDD with nearly 100% test coverage across all production codebases.
- Worked closely with clients and stakeholders in an Agile manner to hone in on solutions that deliver real business value.
- Acted as a key contributor to product direction and strategy. Defined product roadmap and helped prioritize features.
Agents of I.N.U.
- Built a decentralized finance blockchain app that automatically indexes and tracks tokens on the blockchain with support for BNB Chain, Ethereum, and Fantom.
- Built the back-end of the application, processing blockchain data to track price activity and trade volume of tokens in real-time. Enabled advanced aggregation and analytics to provide in-depth, instantaneous tracking.
- Designed and implemented microservice architecture on AWS Elastic container service and AWS RDS (Postgres DB), processing months of blockchain data. Microservices were written in TypeScript using Nest.js.
- Designed web app using Figma and worked with front-end engineer to build React front-end for the app hosted on Vercel (Next.js). Also did a bit of front-end development myself.
- Built brand site using Webflow. As a founder, I handled marketing and promoting using different channels. Built a YouTube channel with multiple videos demonstrating the product and worked with a contractor to provide direction for Twitter.
- Built an automated CI/CD pipeline using GitHub and GitHub Actions to automatically deploy the back end and website.
- Wrote smart contracts to analyze on-chain data and look for potential scam tokens.
Senior Product Engineer
- Researched and implemented advanced AI and ML algorithms to detect injuries in professional athletes (Australian football, soccer).
- Developed an Angular 2+ web app to view and manage athlete injury risk predictions.
- Developed an advanced AI training application in Python using TensorFlow, with a distributed inference API built using Python, Celery, and Flask.
- Developed an ASP.NET Core API to handle athlete management and expose the Python Inference API to the web app and other API clients.
- Co-wrote a research paper that was accepted and presented at the MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference.
- Developed and maintained real-time data acquisition software (to data from state-of-the-art GPS and LPS tracking devices).
- Developed a variety of tools to assess the performance of indoor tracking (LPS) devices, providing invaluable information to diagnose and improve device operation.
- Maintained and improved algorithms to convert raw data from multiple sensors into accurate position and velocity data.
- Implemented product licensing and software security license to restrict access to valuable propriety algorithms deployed on customer laptops.
- Improved accuracy and performance of an industry-leading ANPR and OCR solution greatly.
- Led development and maintenance of a real-time on-demand video capture system, interfacing with various cameras and adding support for the latest video codecs.
- Developed and improved an existing video player designed specifically for traffic enforcement with advanced overlay functionality.
- Developed the image processing algorithm for object detection, tracking, and classification.
Sky Ledge Applicationhttp://www.skyledge.com
• Development of the powerful Angular-based web application and setting in place testing and CI processes.
• Development of Java and Spring Boot-based scalable API.
• Coming up with the product roadmap and prioritizing features that would have the biggest impact early on, based on customer meetings and research.
• Developing edge services and applications to leverage the platform.
DeFi Token Tracking Platform (Blockchain)
• Identify newly created decentralized finance tokens
• Aggregate and analyze the price performance of the tokens in real time, highlighting tokens that might be worth investing in
• Identifying and filtering out scam tokens, as decentralized finance is a haven for scammers
• Educate users on the type of scams common in decentralized finance and how to avoid these scams
As the founder, I oversaw all aspects of the project, including:
• Building the microservices back end in NestJS to analyze the blockchain data in real-time
• Build the CI/CD pipeline (Github Actions) and cloud infrastructure (AWS) to host the solution
• Define the product roadmap and UI/UX
• Work with the engineer to build out the web app
• Handle marketing and community engagement, including live AMAs and updates across various channels
• Built and maintained brand site using Webflow
Fleet Tracking Platformhttps://fleetfoundry.com/
As the head developer on the project, my roles included:
• Liaising with potential customers and co-workers to establish a product roadmap.
• Selecting and integrating GPS sensors.
• Developing the Python-based fleet service and rules engine.
• CI/CD and deploying the service on AWS.
• Improvements to our core IoT platform to allow for a richer fleet tracking experience.
• Advance front-end visualizations and reports.
Angular, NestJS, Spring Boot, .NET, ASP.NET Core, Bootstrap
Node.js, FFmpeg, Web3.js, TensorFlow, React
Full-stack, GPS, Front-end, Front-end Architecture, APIs, Algorithms, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Programming, Control Systems, OCR, Optimization, Location Tracking, CI/CD Pipelines, Data Visualization, Product Design, Scrum Testing, User Experience (UX), Solution Architecture, API Design, Web Marketing, Big Data, Decentralized Finance (DeFi), Smart Contracts, User Interface (UI), SEO Marketing
Jira, Celery, GitLab, Google Analytics, AWS Fargate, GitHub, Figma, MATLAB
Amazon Web Services (AWS), Docker, MacOS, Webflow, Blockchain
PostgreSQL, MongoDB, Couchbase
Master's Degree in Mechatronics Engineering
University of Melbourne - Melbourne, Australia
How to Work with Toptal
Toptal matches you directly with global industry experts from our network in hours—not weeks or months.
Share your needs
Choose your talent
Start your risk-free talent trial
Top talent is in high demand.Start hiring