Senior Software Developer2018 - PRESENTSky Ledge
Technologies: Java, Spring Boot, Angular, PostgreSQL, MongoDB, TypeScript, AWS, GitLab, Jira, Docker, Python, GPS, Location Tracking
- Developed a scalable API that allows organizations to track and manage their operations and assets in real time. Technologies used include Java, Spring Boot, Postgres, and MongoDB.
- Built an advanced fleet tracking service from the ground up in Python. It receives data from various GPS sensors and leverages the core Sky Ledge API to maintain the state and location of assets. Horizontally scalable to support thousands of assets.
- Built a fully-featured web application using Angular and TypeScript that exposes the functionality of the Sky Ledge platform. The web app can be white-labeled and extended by customers to accomplish advanced custom workflows.
- Implemented a culture of TDD, with nearly 100% test coverage across all production codebases.
- Worked closely with clients and stakeholders in an Agile manner to hone in on solutions that deliver real business value.
- Helped develop our product development process, including setting up Jira workflows, code review processes, and CI/CD.
Senior Product Engineer2017 - 2018Alerte
- Researched and implemented advanced AI and ML algorithms to detect injuries in professional athletes (Australian football, soccer).
- Developed an Angular 2+ web app to view and manage athlete injury risk predictions.
- Developed an advanced AI training application in Python using TensorFlow, with a distributed inference API built using Python, Celery, and Flask.
- Developed an ASP.NET Core API to handle athlete management and expose the Python Inference API to the web app and other API clients.
- Co-wrote a research paper which was accepted and presented at the MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference.
Software Engineer2015 - 2017Catapult
Technologies: C#, C++, C++11, Embedded C
- Developed and maintained real-time data acquisition software (to data from state-of-the-art GPS and LPS tracking devices).
- Developed a variety of tools to assess the performance of indoor tracking (LPS) devices, providing invaluable information to diagnose and improve device operation.
- Maintained and improved algorithms to convert raw data from multiple sensors into accurate position and velocity data.
- Implemented a product licensing and software security license to restrict access to valuable propriety algorithms deployed on customer laptops.
Software Engineer2013 - 2015Redflex
Technologies: C++, C#, OCR, Optimization
- Improved accuracy and performance of an industry-leading ANPR and OCR solution greatly.
- Led development and maintenance on a real-time on-demand video capture system, interfacing with a variety of cameras and adding support for the latest video codecs.
- Developed and improved an existing video player designed specifically for traffic enforcement, with advanced overlay functionality.
- Developed the image processing algorithm for object detection, tracking, and classification.