Verified Expert in Engineering
Abdullah is a senior software engineer able to work in any language, functional or imperative. As a full-stack generalist, he can help a startup deploy functional prototypes or help established companies scale by breaking down monoliths into horizontally scalable microservices. Abdullah can break down any problem, discuss pros and cons, and advise with actionable steps to move forward in any project.
MacOS, Linux, Git, Vim Text Editor, Visual Studio Code (VS Code), Front-end, APIs
The most amazing...
...project I've deployed was a Twitter bot that handed out crypto tokens
- Developed a mobile app that stored geocoded notes and pictures locally until an internet connection could be reached.
- Architected a data pipeline to enable quick data processing using S3, Lambda, and Kubernetes.
- Created the initial prototype of the data analytics platform using React and deck.gl with a Flask-based API to visualize gigabytes of data.
- Fostered an inclusive team to help iterate the company mission.
- Built a mobile app using React Native to help assist with data collection.
PBS - Main
- Developed a web application from scratch using Vue to solve data integration issues.
- Centralized multiple rest APIs by running requests through Nginx proxy.
- Implemented SSO authorization and group-based permissions for different pages and features.
Senior Software Engineer
- Architected event driven reporting services in python deployed using docker and docker compose.
- Migrated issue tracking tools from gitlab to Jira for centralized issue tracking and to break work up by features.
- Created a pattern for developing Micro-Servces faster by creating individually versioned libraries for common code.
- Documented and deployed improved logging strategy to facilitate better debugging and improve error handling.
- Helped negotiate and document a finalized contract and design system between the GraphQL schema and the anomaly detection APIs to stabilize UI development.
- Added visualization and workflow improvements using React.
- Accelerated the automated testing framework by developing tools to mock data in the integration test environment.
- Led an effort to facilitate containerization of existing services.
- Developed the initial microservice template leveraging the Clojure Duct framework.
- Standardized reads from Kafka queues by writing a library that allowed developers to easily subscribe to events and commit offsets when processes concluded.
- Stabilized and expanded ETL pipelines using Perl and Python.
- Developed scripts and protocols for large-scale database migrations.
- Generated reports to summarize and track changes to the data sets.
Business to Bussiness eCommerce Web Apphttps://app.fringe.us/
Vehicle Vitals APIhttps://www.vehiclevitals.com
MUI (formerly Material UI), NestJS, Flask, Jest, Swagger, ClojureScript, AngularJS, React Native, Deck.gl, Hapi.js, Angular
React, Node.js, Twitter API, REST APIs, Mapbox API, Mapbox GL, Vue, React Native for Web, OpenAPI
REST, Agile, Microservices, Unit Testing, Scrum, Kanban, Continuous Delivery (CD)
Web Development, Front-end, User Interface (UI), APIs, Full-stack, Back-end, CI/CD Pipelines, Responsive Design, Web Scraping, Team Leadership, Architecture, Data Structures, Algorithms, Software Architecture, Layered Service Providers (LSP), React Native Bridge
Git, Vim Text Editor, Docker Compose, RabbitMQ, Kibana, Expo, NGINX, Azure Active Directory B2C (ADB2C)
Linux, Docker, MacOS, Visual Studio Code (VS Code), Kubernetes, Hedera Hashgraph, Amazon Web Services (AWS), AWS Lambda
PostgreSQL, MySQL, PostGIS, Amazon S3 (AWS S3)
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science
George Mason University - Fairfax, Virginia
Certified SAFe 4 Scrum Master