Founder2018 - PRESENTForesight, Inc.
Technologies: System Architect, XGBoost, Scikit Learn, Pandas, Python, Docker, AWS (EC2 S3), Optimization
- Started a new venture Foresight, Inc. Foresight makes it easy for people just getting started in machine learning to build good machine learning models using a graphical user interface with curated and best of breed custom and open source technologies under the hood. It is a free service powered by Amazon Web Services.
Senior Product Architect, Infosys Nia (Palo Alto)2017 - 2018Infosys Technologies
Technologies: Machine Learning, C++ (MPI, OpenMP), Java, Bash, Linux, R, Python (Scikit Learn, Scipy, Numpy, Pandas), Hadoop, Yarn, MapReduce, HDFS, AWS EC2 S3 EMR
- Supported the integration of Skytree’s software into their flagship AI platform (Infosys Nia).
- Guided global sales teams on data science and solution architecture for various POCs and customer deployments.
Co-Founder2009 - 2017Skytree Inc.
Technologies: C++, MPI, OpenMP, Apache Spark, Hadoop, Yarn, MapReduce, HDFS, AWS EC2 S3 EMR, Python, Scikit Learn, Scipy, Numpy, Pandas, R, Java, Bash, Linux
- Built the company from four co-founders to over 70 employees (including 35+ engineers and scientists) and $30+ million in venture funding.
- Led the development of Skytree’s massively parallel, C++ and MPI based machine learning algorithms engine for tera-scale machine learning on commodity hardware.
- Architected the design and development of the full stack of Skytree software that included the C++ Engine, Java middleware, and UI as well as integration with big data infrastructures like Apache Hadoop.
- Coordinated communication and development efforts as technical product manager between engineering teams and CTO’s office.
- Hired most of the engineering and data science team, including executive hires such as VP of engineering, marketing, and sales.
- Designed and developed scalable versions of machine learning algorithms such as Random Forests, Gradient Boosted Trees, Support Vector Machines, K-Means clustering, Collaborative Filtering, etc. in C++ for classification, regression, anomaly detection and recommendations including many first of the kind innovations in the practical application of machine learning to big data. There were five patents applied for on which I am the co-author.
- Performed solutions architect and data scientist functions.
- Built predictive machine learning workflows and models for fraud detection, product and media recommendations, risk scoring, churn prevention, etc. for Fortune 500 and Global 2000 clients such as Samsung, American Express, Discover Bank, PayPal, etc.
- Supported growing sales force in all technical aspects for pre and post sales cycles including working with customers to ascertain requirements, create standardized documentation, responding to queries, fielding sales calls and giving demos, webinars and tutorials.
- Owned responsibilities of all product demos, virtual machines, and AWS infrastructure.
Graduate Research Assistant2007 - 2009Georgia Institute of Technology
Technologies: Microsoft C#, Java, Microsoft SQL Server, Microsoft .NET Platform
- Worked on integrating algorithmically optimized machine learning algorithms directly into SQL Server using the .NET platform and C# so that they ran natively inside the database under the purview of the database scheduler.
- Designed innovative disk-based algorithms to piggyback multi-dimensional space trees over database indexes (B-Tree's) to minimize disk hit rate and optimize cash hit ratio.
Software Developer (Intern), Analysis Services, SQL Server Team2008 - 2008Microsoft
Technologies: Microsoft SQL Server, C#
- Integrated advanced machine learning algorithms, including spatial data structures into the analysis services back end to reduce computational complexity and enable running of machine learning from the query interface of analysis services.
Technical Associate2005 - 2007Trilogy
Technologies: Java, Microsoft, Subversion, SQL Server
- Handled inducting new members into the team, setting targets for new initiatives, communicating directly with businesses, directly interacting with the client, and generally guiding the direction of the project.
- Contributed to analysis engine design and development using Java/ PL/SQL and MS SQL Server.
- Served as a member of Trilogy University, an intensive four-month training program for the best science and engineering graduates of the country.