Verified Expert in Engineering
Abhineet is a senior developer with +8 years of experience at Microsoft and AWS. He has built Android applications that reach millions of users and has deep expertise in the nuances of cross-platform development. He also has experience and skills in building a scalable, available, and secure back-end services with AWS and Node.js which boast thousands of customers. He devotes his free time to staying fit by participating in sports and swimming.
Amazon Web Services (AWS), Node.js, Azure, Android Studio, MacOS
The most amazing...
...project I've worked on was the Microsoft Word application for Android which delights millions of customers worldwide.
Amazon Web Services
- Designed a scalable service using DynamoDB, S3, Redshift, Lambda, SQS, SNS, CloudWatch, and XRay which automates internal event handling procedures for AWS.
- Developed another internal service on DynamoDB, Redshift, and Kinesis for collating information from various internal sources and cache them locally on clients to faster and more available access.
- Worked on a real-time service which is designed on Elasticsearch and efficiently looks for relevant information from millions of records.
- Learned about various AWS Services and got hands on experience with many AWS Services, including DynamoDB, S3, Redshift, SNS, SQS, SES, Lambda, EC2, CloudWatch, XRay, Elasticsearch, Lex, and Rekognition.
Software Designer | Developer
- Converted Cardinal Health's iOS application to an Android application. The app collects ideas from employees to promote diversity and inclusion within their organization. Employed various UI/UX concepts for the development of the app. (Client URL: Cardinalhealth.com/us/).
- Converted the client's (Bible.is) requirements to a fully functional bible reading and listening app. (Client URL: Bible.is/) (Android app URL: Play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.faithcomesbyhearing.android.bibleis).
- Provided logistic and contextual help to the visitors of conferences organized by the client (BMC MyEBC). I created their Android app based on client requirements and had to employ Google Maps, Geolocation, and YouTube APIs. (Android app URL: Play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.appirio.mobile.myebc).
- Developed a solar power app for Texas A&M University that helps home owners to determine the expected energy bill savings if they switch to solar power. The app takes photographs of the home's facade and instructs the owners about solar power advantages. Used the Camera API and some image processing to build this app. (Client URL: Solarags.tamu.edu/).
- Built an Android app for the client (Sky Zone Trampoline Park) that helps patrons find the nearest park and book tickets online; used maps, geolocation, and payment APIs. (Client URL: Skyzone.com/).
Senior Software Developer
- Worked with core Android concepts to improve the Microsoft Office Android applications in terms of size and performance.
- Designed and implemented an infrastructure for Microsoft Office Android applications to improve usability by scheduling idle task execution.
- Designed a scalable and available back-end service on Microsoft Azure for use with the Kaizala IM cross-platform application.
Software Developer II
- Implemented the audio and video stack for the web endpoint of Microsoft Lync (now Skype).
- Implemented the Screen Share stack for the iOS application of Microsoft Lync, leveraging cross-platform code sharing.
- Implemented the end-to-end Android application of Microsoft Lync including IM, presence, and conferencing capabilities.
- Implemented a feature in Microsoft Word Online that enabled documents to be displayed in a paged format.
- Implemented the Microsoft Word application on the Android platform leveraging cross-platform code sharing.
- Created the Microsoft Lync (now Skype) Windows CE application for desk-phone devices.
- Implemented the globalization of the Microsoft Lync application for desk-phone devices in 20+ languages for customers in 80+ countries.
- Implemented a cross-platform library to enable O365 sign-on for Microsoft accounts.
- Worked with peer teams across the globe to resolve critical issues.
Internal AWS Service
Improving Microsoft Office Android Applications
Microsoft Word on Android
Word Web Pagination
Android SDK, Angular, AngularJS, Spring Boot
Android API, Node.js, React, AngularUI, REST APIs, Spring REST
Android NDK, Android Studio, AWS SDK, GitHub
Android, AWS Lambda, MacOS, Windows CE, Amazon Web Services (AWS), iOS, Azure
Amazon S3 (AWS S3), Amazon DynamoDB, NoSQL, Redis, MongoDB
Freelancing, RESTful Web Services, RESTful Services
Agile Software Development, RESTful Development, REST
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Engineering
Birla Institute of Technology, Mesra - Mesra, India
How to Work with Toptal
Toptal matches you directly with global industry experts from our network in hours—not weeks or months.
Share your needs
Choose your talent
Start your risk-free talent trial
Top talent is in high demand.Start hiring