Verified Expert in Engineering
DevOps Engineer Developer
Abhishek is a certified Kubernetes Administrator and AWS Solution Architect with 11+ years of experience. He excels in cloud orchestration, configuration management, build and release, deployment, and system administration. He has worked as a senior DevOps engineer with top Fortune 100 companies (FIS) and startup companies (Axim Global and FPComplete) with exposure in banking, finance, telecommunications, product development, and the services consulting domain.
Automation, SaaS Monitoring, Microservices, Amazon Web Services (AWS), DevOps, Istio, Kubernetes, Python, Jenkins, Docker
The most amazing...
...project I've built is a Kubernetes-managed product with SSO login and RBAC-enabled roles for Grafana, Prometheus, and a Kubernetes dashboard.
Senior DevOps Engineer
- Set up the project from scratch using Terraform for infrastructure deployment and Helm file for application deployment.
- Migrated Kubernetes Clusters from 1.16 to 1.18, along with Helm migration from Helm 2 to Helm 3.
- Set up Instana for monitoring and Elasticsearch for logging solutions with proper HA and indices for faster query time.
- Improved the current release pipeline with a Clair scanner to check vulnerabilities, proper slack alerting for build failures, etc.
- Worked on AWS Network from scratch using Terraform that includes VPC, subnets, VPN connections, DHCP options, route tables, and more.
Senior DevOps Engineer
- Automated and integrated the entire EKS with Istio, Federated Prometheus, Grafana, Loki, and Prometheus Operator using Terraform.
- Developed an SSO to integrate all internal services such as Kiali, Kubernetes dashboard, Minio, and ArgoCD under one dashboard with Dex and SAML Google ID integration.
- Secured an entire Kubernetes cluster with an Istio service mesh to ensure recommended practices were followed and hosted applications on Istio Gateway.
- Set up an HA scalable Kubernetes cluster and helped customers build a robust cluster with monitoring and logging enabled.
- Integrated Loki, Promtail, Grafana, Slack, Cassandra, and Prometheus both on Windows and Linux Node.js groups.
Senior Cloud DevOps Engineer
- Took ownership of the migration of all on-premise applications from Docker to a Kubernetes platform using kOps and also to EKS and ECS.
- Worked as an SRE for Axim to maintain and deploy all products for customers to Axim environment, starting from development to production using an automated pipeline.
- Set up logging, alerting, and monitoring systems using Prometheus, Grafana, AlertManager, Promtail, and Elasticsearch on all environments to ensure proper logs and alerts related to disk and CPU memory. The application uses Slack and Microsoft Teams.
- Worked intensively with Python to setup crawlers for data scraping for one of the customer products and also used the boto3 AWS Lambda for project reporting.
- Set up an entire AWS infrastructure from scratch for development, staging, production, and DR with Terraform using the best security measure by hosting all services in private subnets and enabling relevant ports on SG as required by the products.
- Worked on using AWS ECS both EC2 and Fargate, including task definition, autoscaling, load balancers, and namespaces for services to talk to each other using the microservice architecture deployment.
- Worked on RDS tuning comparing with PostgreSQL on-premise and Docker. Used database migration tools to import a large amount of data to and from AWS.
- Set up AWS CodeBuild, AWS CodePipeline, and GitLab CI/CD using spec.yaml.
- Set up highly available systems using the Kubernetes platform and deploying all open-source tools related to Cluster Autoscaler and Metrics Server.
Senior DevOps Engineer
Avaya India Pvt, Ltd.
- Migrated VMware applications to AWS and deployed the product as a service.
- Set up a CI/CD pipeline. Integrated automating test cases in the build and deployed pipeline.
- Set up a high-alerting system to send out alerts using Nagios.
- Established a release management process with Jira and Python to create and update tickets at runtime.
- Worked on Jenkins and Bamboo to setup up multiple builds using groovy scripting.
- Designed and developed modules and script using Unix Shell scripting.
- Automated manual tasks using Unix to schedule jobs via AutoSys.
- Provided L3 support for automation failures and made root cause analysis (RCA) available to customers.
Build Release Engineer
- Involved in the Unix platform migration (HP UX to Linux) and RAC implementation for WebLogic.
- Resolved issues related to development, testing, and E2E.
- Oversaw the configuration and maintenance of the WebLogic application server for deployment.
Migration Snackr App to ECShttp://www.snackr.com
With every change committed to GitHub, the release pipeline will be triggering, pushing the updated change to dev, staging, and production (via manual approval).
The ECS had two containers running via blue-green deployment with load balancers for each app. It was deployed securely on private subnets using proper rules setup in security groups.
Overall, the infrastructure used Terraform code to deploy VPC's, subnets, ECS, task definition, Route 53, AWS CodePipeline, and more.
AWS Compliance Reporting
The main objective of this project was to replace the costly AWS Configuration. The project setup benefited the company as it became 100% reliable with zero downtime and the cost of execution was reduce to few dollars a day.
To automate deployment terraform was used to create all the AWS Internal Resources to smoothen the upgrade process for software development
AWS Security Group Recovery During Disaster Recovery
I worked as a freelancer for this project, which involved planning, architectural design, implementation, execution, and code deployment to AWS infrastructure.
The code was written in Python 3 using the boto3 module, with proper error handling checks. Each day the Lambda runs to collect information on the existing production and saves the information on an S3 bucket. As the data is saved in S3, it allows us to use the data to restore any DR times system.
Using CloudWatch, Cloud Monitoring, and CloudFormation, the execution, and deployment of all the resources related to it, such as IAM roles and S3 bucket policies for access, were configured.
I delivered all the components from development to production.
Bash Script, Python, Bash, Python 3
Node.js, Jenkins Pipeline
Istio, Amazon CloudWatch, AWS IAM, GitLab, Terraform, Jenkins, AWS Fargate, Amazon Elastic Container Service (Amazon ECS), Makefile, Make, Amazon Simple Queue Service (SQS), GitLab CI/CD, Amazon EKS, ELK (Elastic Stack), VMware, Grafana, AWS CloudFormation, Helm, Instana, Git
DevOps, Automation, Continuous Integration (CI), Continuous Development (CD), Continuous Delivery (CD), Serverless Architecture, Microservices
Amazon Web Services (AWS), Linux, CentOS, AWS Lambda, Kubernetes, Docker
Amazon S3 (AWS S3), PostgreSQL, Elasticsearch, AWS Data Pipeline Service
AWS Certified Solution Architect, SaaS Monitoring, Site Reliability Engineering (SRE), Serverless, Architecture, Autoscaling, Networking, AWS DevOps, Security, APIs, Prometheus, OpenID Connect (OIDC), Deployment, AWS CodePipeline, Amazon Route 53, CI/CD Pipelines
Bachelor of Technology Degree in Electronics
Sardar Vallabhbhai National Institute of Technology - Surat, Gujarat, India
AWS Certified Solutions Architect
Certified Kubernetes Administrator
How to Work with Toptal
Toptal matches you directly with global industry experts from our network in hours—not weeks or months.
Share your needs
Choose your talent
Start your risk-free talent trial
Top talent is in high demand.Start hiring