Partner, Senior Developer
2013 - PRESENT
Hot Cocoa Software, Pvt., Ltd.
- Created a multitude of iOS apps, a few of which have won awards and most of which have been featured on the app store.
- Worked with a range of clients including startups, SMEs, and large enterprises. Involved in all steps of the process, from project proposals, strategy, design, and development to the final delivery. Clients range from Dell, Convergys (NYSE: CVG), ixigo ($25 million funding by Sequoia Capital and others), and Tapzo ($21 million funding by Sequoia Capital) to Micromax (one of the largest smartphone makers).
- Completed several apps including a music app, a travel search app, a hotel booking app for mobile travelers, an official app for a sports team, an app which lets users locate nearby beacons or broadcast a beacon signal, and an interactive media-rich app which lets users store, sync, and share files.
- Received an iXiGem award from ixigo for outstanding work done on the iOS app.
- Hired and trained other developers on iOS.
Technologies: Swift, Objective-C, iOS, Android, Git
Co-founder & CTO
2012 - 2013
Playcez Technologies, Pvt., Ltd.
- Put together, managed, and trained the core technical hired from the Indian Institute of Technology.
- Developed and designed an iPhone app that helps users discover places, events, and activities in neighborhood.
- Populated relevant information from our data partners using Python scripts and wrote an API to be consumed by the iPhone app.
- Helped raised $500,000 in seed funding from some of India's most prominent investors and received coverage in TechCrunch, TheNextWeb, The Times of India, etc.
- Acquired by IndiaMART (India's largest B2B marketplace).
Technologies: Objective-C, iOS, Xcode, Core Location, Python, Git
2011 - 2012
What An App, Pvt., Ltd.
- Built an identification guide iOS app for the shorefish fauna of the Tropical Eastern Pacific for the Smithsonian Tropical Research Institute.
- Created a personal dining journaling iOS app for foodies allowing users to search, rate, and review nearby restaurants. Implemented functionality for users to record meals at a restaurant that get rolled up into a list of all the meals they've had there, making it easy to recall past experiences and see what dishes they loved or hated.
- Created a simple, professional digital protractor iOS app that auto-finds angles (using real-time image processing algorithms) with a single touch or allows manual calculation from images stored in the user's phone.
- Built an enterprise iPad app for maintaining portfolio and trading stocks for a California-based company.
- Built an iPhone and iPad app to help school teachers with classroom management for a UK based company.
Technologies: Objective-C, iOS, Xcode, Git
2008 - 2010
Headstrong Services, Pvt., Ltd.
- Built enterprise systems for Goldman Sachs and Morgan Stanley.
- Built a document repository system (for outgoing/incoming confirmations and rates like LIBOR) for an investment bank, which automated the handling and processing of documents.
- Built an inventory management system for an investment bank. Available positions from the various lender accounts were seamlessly incorporated (through Autosys jobs using EJBs) and provided to the traders in an easy to use GUI.
- Reduced the response time of systems by redesigning database and optimizing database queries.
Technologies: Java, Perl, C/C++, Hibernate, Spring, JDBC, Autosys, Fitnesse, EJBs, WebLogic, Sybase, DB2, SQL, HTML, Perforce, CVS, Aqua Data Studio, DBArtisan, J2EE, Leela, Qmon, PuTTy