Database Administrator (DBA) | Developer | Designer2018 - PRESENTLingoda
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), Database Conversion, Pipeline Programming, AWS Glue, Segment, Stitch Data, Zapier, Adyen Payments, Piwik, Stripe, Autopilot, AWS, PostgreSQL, MySQL, Tableau
- Created a PostgreSQL data warehouse on AWS.
- Migrated and optimized data from several sources into the DWH.
- Created dashboards and reports in Tableau.
Developer | Designer2019 - 2019CMDX
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), HTML, BTC Wallet, Zapier, AWS, MySQL
- Created a MySQL (Aurora) data warehouse on AWS for a binary network-marketing application.
- Migrated data captured from website URLs through Zapier, CSV files, and so on to MySQL.
- Created views, stored procedures, functions, triggers, and so on for using back-end code to capture from and populate a GUI interface.
- Installed and implemented a BTCPay Server on an Ubuntu server.
- Verified Bitcoin payments on the blockchain and on BTCPay.
Database Administrator (DBA) | Developer | Designer2018 - 2019GMA Grading
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), Visual Basic, Microsoft Access, PostgreSQL, Relational Database Services (RDS), AWS
- Modified, troubleshot, and added Visual Basic functionality to an existing MS Access database.
- Made the decision to move the data onto an AWS platform in PostgreSQL and link it to the main Access application because the data in the main table was reaching the limit.
- Created a system to load new data from CSV files into PostgreSQL.
- Parsed six new columns and acronyms that needed to be spelled out in full.
- Created several GIN indexes to allow quick response to fuzzy queries.
- Created and/or fixed several forms to function as required.
Database Adminstrator (DBA) | Developer | Designer2017 - 2018Chargeback Gurus
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), XML, Linux, PostgreSQL, MySQL, Command Line Interface (CLI), AWS EC2, AWS
- Worked for Chargeback Gurus which processes the chargebacks for Visa, Mastercard, Amex, and so on.
- Integrated three separate and completely different database schemas; one MySQL and two PostgreSQL into one PostgreSQL instance onto AWS.
- Created the AWS RDS for PostgreSQL.
- Constructed the AWS EC2 environment on Linux.
- Built buckets for storing images and set up CLI to insert and retrieve the images from the PostgreSQL Database.
- Created the final design which resulted in 175 tables, plus indexes, functions, and triggers.
- Maintained the development, Test, QA, and production instances.
- Migrated data from each database into the new instance, through export/import, and database links.
- Handled the duplicates by matching and merging.
MS Access Developer and Troubleshooter2017 - 2017ExxonMobil of Scotland
Technologies: Visual Basic, Microsoft Access
- Worked for the machine maintenance department of Exxon-Mobile in Scotland.
- Built enhancements to existing functionality and some added Visual Basic functionality.
- Optimized functionality and created new reports.
Senior Oracle PL/SQL Developer | Data Analyst2015 - 2017Matrix-IFS (Deutsche Bank)
Technologies: Control-M, XSL, XML, ETL, SOAP, Actimize, PL/SQL, Unix, Oracle
- Developed, customized, and maintained varied and various anti-money laundering (AML), market manipulation, fraud, and other irregular market activities software for Deutsche Bank with Actimize AIS, RCM, uDeploy, JIRA, TortoiseSVN, and more.
- Worked with big data on database designs, development, ETL, data cleansing, de-duping, integration, aggregation, reconciliation, exploration, and more.
- Developed ETL, WSDL, SOAP, Corvil, Control-M, and data management processes. Modified, troubleshot and optimized Oracle database, PL/SQL, Unix, AWK, Java, Python, and Perl scripts.
- Worked on projects in AIS and RCM including the setup, customization, and optimization of fixed income, MUMD, MPRH, PTCC, duplicate orders, front-running, abusive squeeze, price deviation, spoofing, and more.
Oracle Lead Developer | Support | Troubleshooter2014 - 2015NYSIF (New York State Insurance Fund)
Technologies: PL/SQL, Unix, Oracle
- Consulted on various stages of a migration from a main frame legacy premium and billing system to a custom Oracle application.
- Wrote scripts to verify the integrity of the migration code and data, including ad hoc reports.
- Resolved any discrepancies between a legacy and customer application functionality, performance, and batch process results.
- Maintained version control (TFS—source control explorer, Microsoft Visual Studio).
- Created new and modified existing packages, procedures, functions and more to enhance performance (performance tuning) and functionality.
- Optimized code through the creation of indexes and primary and foreign keys.
- Created and maintained backup and restore tables, data, and more.
Oracle Lead Developer | Support | Troubleshooter2012 - 2014Federal Reserve Bank of New York
Technologies: Microsoft Access, WSDL, Lotus Notes, ETL, PL/SQL, Unix, Oracle
- Maintained confidentiality—as all aspects of the work here are very sensitive and highly confidential, I can only be very general about the work that I am involved with:.
- Worked mostly centered around the Oracle database—analyzing, designing, developing, documenting, migrating (from a Unisys Mainframe), maintaining, data loading (ETL), PL/SQL, and creating, modifying, enhancing and debugging packages, procedures, triggers, functions, and database links.
- Developed, supported, maintained, enhanced, and deployed applications (forms and reports).
- Supported and debugged IBM (Domino) Lotus Notes 9, WSDL, and MS Access 2007 applications.
- Worked in development, QA, and production environments.
Oracle Lead Developer2012 - 2012Emblem Health (GHI, HIP)
Technologies: SQL Loader, PL/SQL, ICD-10, ICD-9-CM, Unix, Oracle
- Remediated database objects to conform to the ICD9 to ICD10 revisions (International Classification of Diseases Codes) which included expanding certain columns and adding a conversion date and revision column to necessary objects.
- Created an inventory of all the end user schemas and objects for the 17 Oracle databases and Unisys mainframe; including tables, views, materialized views, indexes, packages, procedures, triggers, functions, and SQL*Loader control files.
- Identified the objects that needed remediation and documentation.
- Created procedures to update and keep current all the ICD inventory objects and alter table scripts to add the new columns to the tables that are being remediated.
- Automated a procedure to identify it by either procedure, package, function, and trigger specific line numbers of code where remediation is required.
- Anticipated the integration of these databases into 1 data warehouse, map source, and target objects.
Oracle Lead Developer2011 - 2012Bank of America
Technologies: Exadata, Microsoft SQL Server, PL/SQL, Unix, Oracle
- Converted, optimized, and tested a SQL server and Unisys banking application to Oracle PL/SQL procedures on an Oracle Exadata platform.
Senior Oracle Discoverer Developer | Data Analyst2009 - 2012Spartech Polycast Corporation
Technologies: Oracle Discoverer, PL/SQL, Unix, Oracle
- Modified and troubleshot (as an administrator and user) existing Discoverer and data warehouse reports and created new ones against multiple data warehouses.
- Enhanced the functionality of existing reports and created new reports from sales, accounting, manufacturing, and inventory data.
- Wrote PL/SQL procedures, triggers, tables, views, and functions to facilitate these reports (based on the Oracle core financials, manufacturing, inventory, WIP, BOM, OE, and 2 data warehouses coming off of them).
Senior Oracle Developer | Data Analyst2008 - 2009Dynamic Imaging (a Division of GE Healthcare)
Technologies: Surround SCM, Oracle Designer, Toad, SQL Loader, PL/SQL, SQL, Oracle, XP, Windows, Unisys
- Expanded a functionality for an RIS (radiology information system) system.
- Developed a generic data migration (ETL) system for the RIS system from many variable databases and formats.
- Created various modules for the above system: patient visit, exam scheduling, insurance authorization and verification, physician accessibility, billing system, claims system, collections, transcriptions, report and document archiving, retrieval, and financial reporting.
- Installed and wrote scripts to clone Oracle for development, QA, and production.
- Created PL/SQL procedures, triggers, tables, views, and functions to add functionality to existing and new modules.
Senior Oracle Technical Lead | Developer | Data Analyst2001 - 2008City of New York, Human Resources Administration, Protective Services for Adults, Financial Management Unit
Technologies: Oracle Discoverer, Oracle Designer, Oracle Forms & Reports, HTML, SQL Loader, Oracle Financials, Oracle EBS, Visual FoxPro, PL/SQL, Unix, Oracle
- Installed, set up, and implemented Oracle Public Sector Financials; maintained a logical and physical database design.
- Installed patches and updates to the databases.
- Created automated procedures to import/migrate the legacy data from FUND-EZ and FMIS legacy systems.
- Interviewed and documented auditors, accountants, bookkeepers, and social workers to determine the work flow, legal compliance requirements, and best practices; both time and monetary, based on department, city, state and federal mandates for the accounting processes.
- Created working documents, procedural and technical, and get the sign-off at all levels.
- Monitored and supervised the Oracle financials teams—functional and technical—to ensure compliance with documents.
- Created a link between Peter Martin Associates FACTORS Client Management System to automatically transfer new clients from FACTORS to Oracle Financials.
- Created annual templates for AR, AP, and GL to automate monthly processes; customized and automated all the procedures.
- Developed A/R, A/P, PO, OE, GL, INV, CM, and more by way of PL/SQL packages, procedures, functions, triggers, and more.
- Wrote custom menus, forms, monthly and annual reports, and more.
Oracle Database Administrator | Developer1999 - 2001American Welding Society (AWS)
Technologies: Oracle SQL Developer, Oracle Designer, HTML, SQL Loader, PL/SQL, Oracle Security Server, SQL, Oracle, Oracle WebDB, Oracle Application Server, Windows NT, Windows 95
- Worked on various Oracle database administration activities including ETL, data migration, and data warehousing modeling.
- Created a virtual database on a frame relay system for 8 county providers each with its own server and instance of Oracle, to identify common activities, clients, and services.
- Wrote algorithms and procedures to match up clients in all 8 provider databases in order to seamlessly view data on an individual no matter which or how many of the provider database they appeared on.
Oracle Database Administrator | Developer1998 - 1999Direct Services, Inc.
Technologies: Oracle Discoverer, Oracle Designer, Oracle SQL Developer, HTML, SQL Loader, PL/SQL, SQL, Oracle, Oracle Application Server, Solaris, Windows NT, Windows 95
- Worked on various Oracle database administration and development activities including data cleansing (hygiene) and data warehousing modeling, development, and implementation for US West and Costco (for marketing and statistical analysis).
Oracle Database Administrator | Developer1997 - 1998Nu-Med USA, Inc.
Technologies: Oracle Developer 2000 (D2K), Java, HTML, Solaris, PL/SQL, Unix, Oracle
- Designed and implemented an Oracle database design for this new MLM nutrition company.
- Built a web presence with an Oracle web server and eCommerce site with an Oracle eCommerce application server.
- Developed programs and procedures to calculate sales and commissions, process credit cards, and display upline and downline.
Oracle Developer | Systems Analyst, Unix Admin Functions1997 - 1997Aeon Decision Technologies (AutoNation, USA)
Technologies: Windows NT, Windows 95, SQR, PL/SQL, SQL, Oracle, Unix
- Predetermined the future value of used cars, using data from various sources, including the development of the programs and procedures.
Oracle Database Administrator | Developer1997 - 1997ExpressWeb
Technologies: Oracle Developer 2000 (D2K), Java, HTML, PL/SQL, SQL, Oracle, Oracle Application Server, Unix, Windows NT, Windows 95
- Developed a website for the freight industry with an Oracle web server and ESRI GIS and mapping software.
- Acted as an Oracle database administrator including database modeling, architecture, and site integration.
- Consulted with representatives of the freight industry on designing and creating a relational database structure and gave on-line functionality to a static demo website.
- Converted an existing static HTML code to dynamic PL/SQL code integrated with an Oracle web server and database.
- Developed a 2000 menu system for the maintenance of tables.
- Designed 2000 for a schematic view and program flow and future enhancements.
Consultant | Analyst | Programmer1996 - 1996A.B.C. Distributing
Technologies: Windows NT, Windows 95, Forms, Oracle Developer 2000 (D2K), SQR, PL/SQL, Oracle SQL, Unix
- Developed statistical analysis forms and projections for sales by catalog, issue, year, geographic location, product, and more for a large mail order catalog distributor.
Oracle Programmer | Systems Analyst1995 - 1996PRC (Precision Response Corporation)
Technologies: DYNACOMM, Dynamic Data Exchange (DDE), Sed, AWK, Windows NT, Windows 95, Forms, Oracle Developer 2000 (D2K), SQR, PL/SQL, SQL, Oracle, Unix
- Worked on telemarketing and fulfillment development projects for AT&T.
Consultant | Analyst | Programmer for Oracle Financials1994 - 1995Alexander Proudfoot Company
Technologies: Forms, Visual Basic, RPT, Oracle, Unix
- Upgraded and developed new forms, reports, menuing systems, and more for this international management consulting firm; including modifications to Oracle Financials reports and installation of version 4.5 of Oracle Forms.
Consultant1994 - 1994Six L's
Technologies: VMS, Forms, Oracle
- Developed an integrated warehouse/inventory system for wholesale vegetable distribution company with several warehouses across the U.S.
- Enabled the system to track and managed the boxes, pallets, and warehouse movement.
- Developed a functionality where the system could inventory reports by size, age, label, type, color, and more.
- Created shipping reports, bills of lading, packing slips, and more.
- Enabled product receiving, shipping, returns, lost and/or spoiled produce.
Consultant1994 - 1994EDC (Israel Export Development Corp.)
Technologies: Visual Basic, Microsoft Access, Windows, Novell NetWare
- Developed a prospect database of potential Investors from all over the world; the main database was in Miami and was accessed from London, Israel, Germany, New York, and Washington, both interactively and downloading and uploading of data for local modification and addition.
Oracle Database Adminstrator | Systems Analyst | Programmer1994 - 1994Sentinel Insurance Management Systems, Trinidad
Technologies: Sed, AWK, SQR, RPT, Oracle, Unix, VMS
- Handled the migration from VMS to Unix.
- Managed and was responsible for the database administration functions and installation; upgrading and customizing a complete insurance management system for automobile insurance.
Oracle Database Adminstrator | Systems Analyst1990 - 1993Predictive Maintenance Corporation (PMC)
Technologies: Forms, RPT, Visual FoxPro, Sed, AWK, TCP/IP, Unix, Oracle
- Developed the completely automated expert system for PMC (a company whose mission is to test aircraft and other large machine oil samples and predict oil change and maintenance requirements and the overall state of the equipment).
- Developed a functionality so that the system could identify the oil samples by bar coded labels.
- Implemented data capturing directly from the lab equipment (7 stations).
- Enabled the system so that it could accumulate the test results in an ORACLE database.
- Analyzed and trended the results.
- Converted the results into written reports by the expert system.
- Enabled the customer to have modem access to the all reports (verbal, technical, and graphics).
- Implemented automatic invoicing.
- Created a complete accounting system to trial balance.
- Involved in all aspects of the development, from design and research, choice of equipment, languages, software and tools to the final testing and documentation, both technical and user.