Front-end Lead2017 - PRESENTMy Shipping Post
- Built a B2B, customer-facing shipping application with the latest Angular 4 tech.
- Took an existing code base, updated the technology, and refactored most of the code to bring it inline with Angular best practices and DRY strategies. Also created new sections of the application and restructured the existing section.
- Built an intricate UI driven by user interaction.
- Developed a complex SPA interaction model using layered UI - pages, modals, tabs, and alerts, with data-manipulation and view-nesting at each level.
- Worked closely with the back-end API to integrate billing and store/read DB objects to create and update the UI.
- Created complex navigation using user types and permission levels.
- Developed data-driven UI using status and various flags to position content in the correct views and to enable user interaction.
- Created a complex data-table component to make interaction with the data easy and precise throughout the UI.
Front-end Developer2016 - PRESENTMile High Paragliding, Ltd.
Technologies: AngularJS, Umbraco, HTML5, CSS3, Sass, jQuery
- Led front-end development on a brand new website.
- Took desktop designs and implemented mobile and tablet responsive layouts without further design input.
- Designed animations and interactions on the UI.
- Built an AngularJS basket for the checkout process.
- Completed a basket UI, implemented using AngularJS with checkout via PayPal express checkout.
- Developed an Umbraco-driven CMS website.
- Wrote highly scaleable code.
Front-end Lead2017 - 2018Juno Digital
- Built a full-scale consumer-facing ng4 web application.
- Integrated payments, registration, login, and accounts with the back-end.
- Integrated tracking with Google Tag Manager (GTM).
- Built complex SCSS animations for clear and engaging user interaction.
- Supported the application through UAT to production.
- Created coupon management for user-specific price offers throughout the application.
- Worked closely with the back-end team to ensure DRY development strategy.
Front-end Lead2017 - 2017eDea
- Created the MVP web app for the client using AngularJS.
- Supported the web app through testing and UAT to production.
- Integrated the front-end with a back-end API. The website consisted of external landing pages plus login/account area with data input forms and analytics charts.
- Worked on a low budget to a high standard, taking care to plan and prioritize features accordingly.
- Provided QA and general debugging of the front-end and back-end.
Lead Front-end Developer2016 - 2016Enveil
Technologies: AngularJS, CSS/SCSS, HTML5
- Led front-end development for an application, created in Swagger, that communicated with a REST API.
- Conducted testing.
- Communicated frequently with those on the client side implementing the back-end.
- Designed solutions for clean, well-made code.
- Implemented a brand new front-end.
- Redesigned some of the UI and implemented visual sanitation.
- Created a clean code base from scratch using AngularJS to build out isolated factories and services that communicated with the REST API independently from controllers, keeping any data manipulation from retrieval or update. This modular approach should ensure scalability of this project in the future and make it easy for another developer to dive in and understand what is happening.
- Implemented user login via the API including error handling.
- Constructed dynamic menus by retrieving all the items available for the current user and keeping this list updated if items were added/removed in another session.
- Executed routing using Angular's Ng-route, performing user validation checks before loading in the appropriate content and retrieving any required data to passed along to the view controller.
- Implemented real-time notification retrieval via the API and rendered out to the UI.
Front-end Lead2016 - 2016One-stop Doctors
Technologies: Angular, HTML5, Sass, CSS3, jQuery, MVC, Razor, Umbraco
- Developed a large-scale web application. With a huge amount of content due to be entered into the CMS, styling had to be very adaptive and forgiving of content entry mistakes. This meant making each area as a component that could be added or removed without affecting the areas either side of it.
- Made several releases in iterative cycles.
- Created re-usable SASS mix-ins and a defaults library for use by other developers in the company.
- Implemented a complex series of CMS-driven menus, which adapts a user's journey through the site.
- Made contact form integrations in the front-end.
- Ensured that everything was cross-browser tested and backwards compatible to IE8.
Lead Front-end Developer2016 - 2016MSD
Technologies: Razor, AngularJS, jQuery, HTML5, Sass, Umbraco, Jasmine
- Integrated the front-end of the registration, account management, and login pages, using Angular controllers to pass information between the server and the view.
- Wrote test-driven Angular controllers through Jasmine.
- Created over twenty custom property editors for Umbraco using Angular.
- Handled interaction design, animating the user interface to make it responsive and helpful. I created directives and jQuery plugins to handle most of the triggers whilst keeping the animation itself mainly in CSS.
- Oversaw solution design and was integral in problem-solving throughout the project.
- Used Velocity where complicated animations were required.
- Created a reusable Gulp file to ready the solution for live deployment. This file has been adopted across the company for other projects as well.
- Provided post-launch support and hyper-care, fixing any bugs immediately and making weekly redeployments of non-critical changes. This included daily conferences with the client.
- Worked with an in-house back-end API.
- Took an Agile development approach with daily Scrum sprints and iterative release cycles.
- Worked closely with an in-house designer, making the site look identical to his designs and come back with suggested work-arounds when something was not possible.
Lead Front-end Developer2015 - 2016The Gym Group
Technologies: AngularJS, jQuery, HTML5, Sass, Razor, Umbraco, Jasmine
- Created a highly interactive join journey, feeding the user through different choices based on selections already made and passing the data through to a .NET controller to be stored in the database.
- Developed a dynamic menu system that varied the choices available based on location and login status, aimed at simplifying a very complex site map.
- Carried out solution design and proof-of-concept studies prior to project commencement.
- Designed and implemented the interactivity of the UI.
- Implemented a mobile-first development flow within the team and laid down the guidelines for this across the team.
Head of Front-end Development2012 - 2015Creator
Technologies: jQuery, AngularJS, HTML, CSS/Sass, Umbraco, Razor, Lyris ListManager, HTML Email, JIRA
- Built over ten large-scale fully mobile-responsive websites, both customer-facing and internal company portals for digital agency Creator.
- Managed a team of ten developers.
- Developed an AngularJS library of re-usable directives and services to be used across the company for web projects.
- Developed three analytics portals, which consumed an external data source and displayed various charts, graphs and diagrams to illustrate trends.
- Developed two transactional websites.
- Trained clients on software I developed.
- Designed solutions for front-end development, showing strong problem-solving skills. This included meeting with heads of departments throughout the company to identify and eliminate potential issues, as well as decide the best approach to a project to achieve the desired result.
- Redeveloped the company's own website.
- Carried out an Umbraco migration on their site from v6.0 to v7.2.
- Developed a white-labelled Sass grid using Susy, which is used on all of their client website builds.
- Developed and implemented my own responsive framework to build HTML emails.
- Worked in Agile development cycles.
- Hand-coded thousands of mobile-responsive HTML emails, tested across all common platforms.