Adam Christopher Bones
Verified Expert in Engineering
Adam is a 20-year veteran of web application development, specializing in UI, product development, and AWS-enabled SaaS businesses. As both product creator and technical lead in multiple startups, Adam has served at the forefront of web technology for over two decades.
Visual Studio Code (VS Code), OS X
The most amazing...
...SaaS I've developed is a platform for creating websites without code or templates, allowing agencies to fulfill their projects without bespoke development.
Senior React Developer
- Developed a PWA/React front end to a blockchain network providing provenance of artworks, allowing gallery owners to manage artist/collector relationships and collectors to discover new artworks.
- Developed an on-demand dynamic image resizer to serve optimized images across apps.
- Developed an online PDF generator for LOPs and COAs in response to ownership changes.
- Provided end-to-end test coverage for the entire system via Cypress.
- Proposed and implemented new UIs in response to ongoing changes in product scope.
- Presented in daily product development meetings, solving high-level cloud architecture problems with team mates.
- Designed, implemented, and scaled a popular SaaS used to power hundreds of successful websites.
- Developed the Cycle toolset to the point where designers could fulfill client work without bespoke development.
- Conceived and developed new features for Cycle in response to client usage over a 10-year period.
- Became an early adopter of cloud technologies as a fast and efficient way to scale a SaaS.
- Collaborated with remote teams and broader organizations to foster adoption of the Cycle toolset.
- Transitioned the business to fully remote and reduced team size to a third whilst increasing production and turnover.
- Reduced monthly infrastructure costs to a tenth whilst improving performance by transitioning to the cloud, subsuming the role of a previous director.
- Designed and implemented WYSIWYG tools for building web pages in the browser in the days before Google Docs.
- Continuously incorporated up-to-date best practices in web design into the Cycle platform, covering everything from CSS animations to SEO.
- Designed and implemented an ultra-efficient server-side infrastructure using Node.js, AWS Lambda, and AWS API Gateway—one that continues to handle hundreds of thousands of page views per month.
- Designed a NoSQL/single table system for ultra-fast page loads with AWS DynamoDB.
- Designed and implemented a user system with enterprise-level access control using AWS Cognito.
- Implemented payment processing and subscription management through Stripe.
- Implemented dynamic image optimization and manipulation with Node.js and Sharp.
- Implemented point-in-time restorability for client content with continuous version history via Amazon S3.
Cycle | Website Builderhttp://cycle.oxdi.co.uk
React, Node.js, Stripe
Amazon Web Services (AWS), Web, WordPress, AWS Lambda, OS X
Amazon Cognito, Slack, Jira, Figma, Terraform, GitHub
Amazon DynamoDB, NoSQL
Test-driven Development (TDD), DevOps, Automated Testing
Bachelor's Degree with First Class Honors in Computer Science
University of Sussex - Brighton, United Kingdom