PHP Developer in Stow, OH, United States
Applications Developer2015 - PRESENTKent State University
Technologies: PHP, jQuery, HTML, CSS
- Created large-scale workflows to be used by thousands of users.
- Streamlined paper processes by creating web apps.
- Used Agile to work with people with a variety of job positions.
- Gained expertise quickly in new environments.
- Architected modules to be used globally by all applications.
Founder, Full-Stack Developer2012 - PRESENTSplitum
Technologies: Laravel 5, MySQL, Bootstrap 4, Material Design, jQuery, HTML, CSS
- Innovated the ideas and concepts to make the product unique and desirerable.
- Developed in Laravel 5 with an eye for detail regarding conventions, optimization, and readability.
- Integrated with Dwolla as a payment solution utilizing OAuth and Webhooks.
- Designed the database and the complex queries to optimize the business needs.
- Created the UI using Bootstrap 4 and Material Design.
- Worked in other noteworthy areas such as image manipulation, date recursion and Pusher for real-time updates.
Full-stack Developer2015 - 2015Butchershop Creative (via Toptal)
Technologies: Drupal, GeoIP, PHP, Foundation, Sass, jQuery, HTML
- Created the ability to geolocate users based on IP address.
- Integrated quickly into an existing team.
- Adapted efficiently to the existing code base and workflow.
- Created custom redirect rules.
- Styled forms to match designer UI.
Mobile Developer2014 - 2015iFit
Technologies: Xamarin, C#, Xcode, Github, Pivotal Tracker, SourceTree, Vernacular
- Developed cross-platform mobile software in C# using Xamarin.
- Solved bugs in a Scrum environment.
- Localized both Android and iOS applications to support 9 languages.
- Analyzed API calls to speed up processing.
- Worked remotely with other developers and QA testers.
Application Engineer2013 - 2013Micros
Technologies: Xcode, Java, Gradle, SVN, Jenkins
- Developed client-side UI/logic in Objective-C.
- Wrote server-side code in Java.
- Solved problems regarding point-of-sale transactions on custom machines.
- Set up a build server via Jenkins.
- Fixed specific customer bugs in customer layout code.
Lead Web Developer2011 - 2013Green Apple Project
Technologies: PHP, Drupal, MySQL, Bootstrap, TeamCity
- Built a website based on Drupal.
- Created/maintained all database schemas.
- Designed the front-end with the help of Bootstrap and jQuery based off the designer's mockups.
- Created a custom blogging system http://greenappleproject.com/blog.
- Maintained a build server, SVN repo, and all servers.
- Splitum (Development)https://splitum.com
Created Splitum from the ground up to track roommate's expenses and payments. Integrated with bank transfers
- Okta (Development)http://okta.com
Contributed to the building of this website.
- Green Apple Project (Development)http://greenappleproject.com
Lead and full-stack developer on the website for Green Apple Project, a company that helps out with energy saving opportunities.
- Expense Tracker (Development)
Created this expense tracker application in about 16 hours.
This included learning Laravel, a PHP framework I had never used before. The interface works fully without page reloads utilizing a RESTful API.
FrameworksSelect2, Bootstrap 3+, Laravel, ZURB Foundation, AFNetworking, Slim, Django, Ruby on Rails (RoR), .NET
Libraries/APIsDwolla API, Pusher, GeoIP, jQuery, Facebook API, PayPal API, Facebook iOS SDK
ToolsPhpStorm, GitHub, Git, SourceTree, Subversion (SVN), Coda 2, Xcode, Pivotal Tracker, Jenkins, Eclipse IDE, Microsoft Visual Studio
ParadigmsModel View Controller (MVC), Agile Software Development, Scrum, REST
PlatformsUbuntu, Windows, Linux, Drupal, MacOS, Xamarin, iOS, CentOS, Android
OtherGoogle Material Design, RESTful Web Services, Interven
- Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science2010 - 2013Kent State University - Kent, OH