Data Architect2019 - PRESENTDemandJump
Technologies: Scala, Hadoop, Snowflake, Kinesis, AWS, Kubernetes
- Designed and modified ETLs to support business use cases.
- Built stored procedures to automate account creation in the application back end.
- Designed new integrations to integrate, transform, and load Bing Ads data into a star schema.
Data Architect2018 - 2018SemanticBits
Technologies: Python, Mongo, Jenkins
- Provided lift for the analytics and reporting wing of a new federal system that was coming online.
- Built ETL from Mongo into Postgres.
- Designed system integrations.
- Built ETL processes using Python.
- Helped build automated CI/CD pipelines.
Manager of Data Engineering2015 - 2018Next Gear Capital
Technologies: SQL Server 2016, SSIS, SSAS, SSRS, Scala, Java, Python, Hadoop
- Architected a state-of-the-art data warehouse and ETL process on the 2016 Microsoft SQL Server stack for a $4 billion financial services company.
- Sunsetted an archaic BI platform in favor of modern, feature-rich technologies and more lean, enterprise-grade processes.
- Migrated all code into Git and automated deploys through Bamboo scripts.
- Served as engineering lead on our Release Train team, which encompassed five teams of developers.
- Hired, trained, and mentored three teams of developers.
Developer2014 - 2015Next Gear Capital
Technologies: SQL Server 2008, SSIS, SSAS, C#, ASP.NET
- Supported modifications to the sales data warehouse via T-SQL stored procedures to account for new and updated KPIs and org structure.
- Updated existing risk and KPI applications in C# and ASP.NET.
- Developed extracts and transformations from Microsoft Dynamics GP accounting platform.
- Developed third-party integrations to support periodic information transfer.
- Mentored junior developers.
Manager of Data Analytics2013 - 2014IU Health
Technologies: Postgres, OpenTalend, Python
- Oversaw data collection of ICD, CPT, and other clinic data points.
- Developed an ETL process to extract data from our EMR and schedule solutions to analyze outcomes and costs of onsite clinic solutions.
- Developed costing models to prove cost overall savings of onsite clinics against traditional primary and immediate care strategies.
- Developed a reporting solution for the interface with the data warehouse to generate reports for clients.
- Helped effect change with our occupational health partners by sharing best practices and operational trends.
Strategic Data Manager2012 - 2013Purdue University - College of Agriculture
Technologies: SQL Server 2008 R2
- Translated the strategic plan into objective metrics.
- Developed ETL processes to extract data from the siloed data sources to bring together in a comprehensive data warehouse.
- Provided KPI reporting to the deans and department heads, which was used to make data-based decisions.
- Served as an information resource for state and federal audits.
- Served as the primary functional analyst for Purdue's enterprise data warehouse initiative.