Freelance Developer2009 - PRESENTFreelance
- Customized MediaWiki extensively.
- Created plugins and themes for WordPress and custom PHP sites.
- Created custom websites from the ground up, including development of both the front-end and back-end using Django and Python.
- Created custom Firefox add-ons.
- Developed AJAX solutions for multi-site translation, visitor tracking, and web scraping.
Full-stack Algorithm Developer2016 - 2017FDNA
Technologies: Flask, Ansible, Docker, NumPy, Python
- Initiated, guided, and created unit test and integration test infrastructure for the team's production code.
- Developed software to extract facts from scientific articles and medical reports.
- Developed software to monitor production processes and report on errors and issues.
- Led the way in introducing better engineering practices with the Algorithm team, including writing unit tests and integration tests, productive use of Git as a workflow tool, and packaging tools in Python.
- Extended and maintained the team's provisioning, configuration, and deployment automation using Ansible.
- Played a pivotal role in converting the team's deployment to use Docker containers.
- Designed and wrote the infrastructure for a new research platform product, integrating with the web application's back-end.
- Maintained the team's Git repositories, including rewriting and splitting them into smaller repositories, maintaining Git submodules, and aiding in moving the team to use git LFS.
Senior Automation Infrastructure Engineer2015 - 2016Primary Data
Technologies: Pytest, Python
- Made significant improvements to structure and organization of the organization's testing infrastructure.
- Significantly reorganized and automated deployment and updating of test tools in common use by the QA team.
- Designed and implemented testing infrastructure to interface with VMWare's VCenter API, enabling automatic testing using VMWare VCenter servers.
- Played a central role on a team of two in maintaining a large, mission-critical, legacy content player code-base, understanding it, and adapting it to work with new systems being developed by other teams.
- Architected and consulted regarding the planning and architecture of an important new project to bring interactivity to educational material, taking into consideration ability to scale, be tested and maintained, and speed of loading.
- Greatly improved the development infrastructure and environment, including converting old PHP scripts to run using Node.js, and other UI enhancements to the development environment.
Full-stack Developer2014 - 2014Perion
- Worked with a small team to develop the front end of client's mobile advertising platform to a minimal usable state.
- Took the initiative to introduce modern web development practices on both the client and server.
- Created server-side tests to help with code quality.
- Developed an ORM for accessing the database layer.
- Did CSS preprocessing (using Sass and Compass).
- Wrote promises in order to manage callback complexity on the server (Node.js).
Full-stack Developer2013 - 2014Healarium
Technologies: Backbone.js, Django
- Spearheaded development in a complete redesign from scratch of the of the web interface, using modern coding practices, CSS3 and ensuring cross-browser compatibility. The project introduced modern web design tools and frameworks (Sass/Compass and Foundation).
- Created a completely new administration page in the client's web application to handle a large feature addition, involving both server-side development of an API and a complete implementation of the client side of the page. The result was a new general framework for creating administration pages in the client's web application using Backbone.js for the client-side framework, which is expected to dramatically decrease the amount of time necessary for creating similar pages in the future, and to increase the consistency and maintainability of this and similar pages.
- Delivered a new major version of the client's software to a major client, which fulfilled the contractual obligation regarding features, and was delivered on time and with good quality (low bug count).
Technical Manager2009 - 2010Bitach Assets Ltd.
Technologies: Python, PHP
- Handled everyday technical matters for a call center that employed dozens of employees.
- Managed and developed websites, as well as business and employment reports.
- Developed website for gathering information and payments from customers.
- Took on crucial responsibilities when transferring company's IT efforts to internal team.
- Developed a program to assemble summary reports.
Telephony and Reporting Specialist2008 - 2009IDT Global Israel and ArtNet Experts
- Developed client-side, internal reports using Cognos BI and Oracle Hyperion Intelligence.
- Administered Oracle [email protected] and Avaya telephony platforms, handling such campaigns from start to finish.
- Migrated over 50 reports from Oracle Hyperion Intelligence to Cognos BI.
- Automated agent compensation structures for call-center projects, characterizing effective solutions and automating creation of complex Excel reports.
- Developed complex SQL queries in SQL Server to extract data, according to exact business needs.