Sr. Software Engineer2017 - PRESENTDali Wireless
Technologies: C++, Linux, Docker, Python
- Characterized the efficiency of a custom DMA engine and validated its operation as hardware revisions are applied. This was for an ARM-based cellular relay running Linux, both in kernel and userspace.
- Launched an Alpine-based Linux platform on the next-generation cellular relay, an embedded ARM based system. This included a portable cross-compilation environment (using docker), bootloader (uboot), the Linux kernel, and the Alpine operating system along with custom alpine packages and ports of some tools to the armhf platform (kexec, etc). Early work involved debugging errors using a JTAG link to the ARM CPU and KGDB.
- Ported and extended the recovery mode web back-end on the cellular relay.
Developer, Cofounder2016 - PRESENTVulcanize, Inc
- Designed and developed a distributed database and protocols, along with middle-ware, to interface with web-based front-end systems. Managed a small technical team.
- Developed technical partnerships and customer relationships with several other synergistic solutions in the space.
Software Engineer & Architect2014 - 2015Edico Genome
Technologies: C, C++, STL, ASM, SIMD, Bioinformatics
- Joined the team as an early technical employee after Series A funding.
- Designed and implemented a variant caller (big data, high-throughput) compliant with industry standards.
- Optimized a 48-core NUMA system architecturally and with processor-specific SIMD instructions. Addressed memory domain awareness, thread locality with respect to memory and bus interfaces, and cache efficient data-structures.
- Built a system that was more accurate and 70x faster than the industry standard GATK caller.
Software Engineer & Architect2006 - 2010Tarari (acq. by LSI)
Technologies: C, C++, Linux kernel, Graph Theory
- Co-designed a regular expression offload engine which went to production as a 45nm ASIC.
- Designed and implemented the optimizing compiler suite for the regular expression coprocessor.
- Architected and implemented a Snort-compatible trans-compiler targeting the compiler designed above.
- Served as the primary technical contact for tier one customers.
- Developed and maintained Linux kernel drivers and the user-space libraries for access to the coprocessor hardware. Ported to and tested with x86, MIPS, PPC, and ARM platforms. Addressed zero-copy via a shared memory ring-queue interface.
- Ported the Linux kernel to new ARM platforms which involved a custom zone implementation.
Software Engineer2000 - 2004Venturi Wireless
Technologies: C, C++, Linux kernel, Transport protocols, Application protocols
- Analyzed and optimized transport and application level efficiency through compression and transcoding techniques.
- Contributed to the design of a TCP alternative for high latency satellite and cellular networks.
- Designed and implemented interoperation support for many standard protocols such as radius, syslog, ftp, snmp, etc.
- Designed and developed the web based management interface for the enterprise network appliance.
- Developed a cluster-based performance test-bed.
- Worked with independent test-labs to qualify the enterprise network appliance for tier-1 telecom deployment.