- Software Engineer & ArchitectEdico Genome2014 - 2015
Technologies: C, C++, STL, ASM, SIMD, Bioinformatics
- Joined the team as an early technical employee after series A funding.
- Designed and implemented a variant caller (big data, high-throughput) compliant with industry standards.
- Optimized a 48-core NUMA system architecturally and with processor-specific SIMD instructions. Addressed memory domain awareness, thread locality with respect to memory and bus interfaces, and cache efficient data-structures.
- Built a system that was more accurate and 70x faster than the industry standard GATK caller.
- Software Engineer & ArchitectTarari (acq. by LSI)2006 - 2010
Technologies: C, C++, Linux kernel, Graph Theory
- Co-designed a regular expression offload engine which went to production as a 45nm ASIC.
- Designed and implemented the optimizing compiler suite for the regular expression coprocessor.
- Architected and implemented a Snort-compatible trans-compiler targeting the compiler designed above.
- Served as the primary technical contact for tier one customers.
- Developed and maintained Linux kernel drivers and the user-space libraries for access to the coprocessor hardware. Ported to and tested with x86, MIPS, PPC, and ARM platforms. Addressed zero-copy via a shared memory ring-queue interface.
- Ported the Linux kernel to new ARM platforms which involved a custom zone implementation.
- Software EngineerVenturi Wireless2000 - 2004
Technologies: C, C++, Linux kernel, Transport protocols, Application protocols
- Analyzed and optimized transport and application level efficiency through compression and transcoding techniques.
- Contributed to the design of a TCP alternative for high latency satellite and cellular networks.
- Designed and implemented interoperation support for many standard protocols such as radius, syslog, ftp, snmp, etc.
- Designed and developed the web based management interface for the enterprise network appliance.
- Developed a cluster-based performance test-bed.
- Worked with independent test-labs to qualify the enterprise network appliance for tier-1 telecom deployment.