Senior Software Engineer2017 - PRESENTDali Wireless
Technologies: C++, Linux, Docker, Python
- Characterized the efficiency of a custom DMA engine and validated its operation as hardware revisions were applied. This was for an ARM-based cellular relay running Linux, both in kernel and userspace.
- Launched an Alpine-based Linux platform on the next-generation cellular relay, an embedded ARM based system. This included a portable cross-compilation environment (using Docker), bootloader (Das U-Boot), the Linux kernel, and the Alpine operating system along with custom alpine packages and ports of some tools to the armhf platform (kexec, etc). Early work involved debugging errors using a JTAG link to the ARM CPU and KGDB.
- Ported and extended the recovery mode web back end on the cellular relay.
Developer, Co-founder2016 - PRESENTVulcanize, Inc.
- Designed and developed a distributed database and protocols, along with middleware, to interface with web-based front-end systems. Managed a small technical team.
- Developed technical partnerships and customer relationships with several other synergistic solutions in the space.
Software Engineer & Architect2014 - 2015Edico Genome
Technologies: C, C++, STL, ASM, SIMD, Bioinformatics
- Joined the team as an early technical employee (first software architect and development resources) after Series A funding.
- Designed and implemented a variant caller (big data, high-throughput) compliant with industry standards.
- Optimized a 48-core NUMA system architecturally and with processor-specific SIMD instructions. Addressed memory domain awareness, thread locality with respect to memory and bus interfaces, and cache efficient data-structures.
- Built a system that was more accurate and 70x faster than the industry standard GATK caller enabling rapid diagnosis in a clinical setting.
Software Engineer & Architect2006 - 2010Tarari (acq. by LSI)
Technologies: C, C++, Linux Kernel, Graph Theory
- Co-designed a regular expression offload engine which went to production as a 45nm ASIC.
- Designed and implemented the optimizing compiler suite for the regular expression coprocessor.
- Architected and implemented a Snort-compatible trans-compiler targeting the compiler designed above.
- Served as the primary technical contact for tier one customers.
- Developed and maintained Linux kernel drivers and the user-space libraries for access to the coprocessor hardware. Ported to and tested with x86, MIPS, PPC, and ARM platforms. Addressed zero-copy via a shared memory ring-queue interface.
- Ported the Linux kernel to new ARM platforms which involved a custom zone implementation.
Software Engineer2000 - 2004Venturi Wireless
Technologies: C, C++, Linux Kernel, Transport Protocols, Application Protocols
- Analyzed and optimized transport and application level efficiency through compression and transcoding techniques.
- Contributed to the design of a TCP alternative for high latency satellite and cellular networks.
- Designed and implemented interoperation support for many standard protocols such as radius, syslog, ftp, snmp, etc.
- Designed and developed the web based management interface for the enterprise network appliance.
- Developed a cluster-based performance test-bed.
- Worked with independent test labs to qualify the enterprise network appliance for tier-1 telecom deployment.