Senior Data Scientist2020 - 2021COGNIZER AI
Technologies: Natural Language Processing (NLP), Custom BERT, APIs, Python 3, Google Cloud Platform (GCP), Deep Learning
- Developed a BERT-based conversational AI solution based on the business requirements.
- Converted natural language queries into SQL queries using BERT-based deep-learning architecture.
- Worked on major parts of their back-end flow while also taking ownership of those flows.
Data Scientist | Researcher2020 - 2020Freelance
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), Tableau, Jupyter Notebook, Redshift, AWS, NumPy, Pandas, Python, Data Science, Data Analytics, Statistical Analysis, Machine Learning, Git, Docker, AWS EC2, APIs, Natural Language Processing (NLP), PostgreSQL, Jupyter, Python 3
- Built data pipelines for data coming from multiple sources like the Quandl API and a SQL database.
- Performed an exploratory data analysis on the built dataset, derived insights, and presented it to the stakeholders on Jupyter Notebook and Tableau.
- Modeled the data using decision tree-based regression models.
CTO2020 - 2020WiseLike
Technologies: Deep Learning, Computer Vision, NumPy, Pandas, Python, Machine Learning, Social Media Marketing, Websites, Scikit-learn, Flask
- Competed at the IE Business School's startup lab and won the investors' choice award and the most innovative project award.
- Developed the whole machine learning pipeline from scratch, starting with a web scraper for pictures, extracting properties of a picture, and training the model using the data.
- Served the model using a REST API (Flask) on the website wiselike.pythonanywhere.com.
- Performed A/B and hypothesis testing to test the validity of the model.
Quantitative Analyst2013 - 2019Futures First
Technologies: Google Cloud Platform (GCP), NumPy, Pandas, Python, Data Science, Data Analytics, Statistical Analysis, Machine Learning, Fixed-income Derivatives, Derivatives, Bloomberg API, Reuters Eikon, Git, Jupyter, Excel VBA
- Performed an exploratory data analysis on large scale financial datasets and derived insights that led to tradable strategies using Python and visualizing data through dashboards in Tableau.
- Implemented a time series analysis (SARIMA, GARCH) of prices in commodity markets taking into account CFTC reports and external factors like currency and so on.
- Developed regression-based mean-reverting strategies in fixed income markets of the US and Brazil.
- Deployed ETL pipelines and ML pipelines working on GCP.
- Performed backtesting and forward testing of strategies by tracking their Sharpe ratios.
- Performed hypothesis testing and evaluated the risk for strategies based on Monte Carlo simulations and historical value at risk.
- Built natural language pipelines to track news sentiment.
Research Intern2012 - 2012Next Sapiens
Technologies: Embedded C, C++, MATLAB
- Developed a novel 4D (degrees of freedom) solution for the simultaneous localization and mapping of an unmanned aerial vehicle to reduce the computation cost and published research on the same (Leeexplore.ieee.org/document/6461785).
- Combined location data from various sources like LIDAR, proximity sensors, inertial measurement units, and camera using extended Kalman filters to update the state information of the robot.
- Developed a fuzzy logic-based PID controller for the unmanned aerial vehicle to maintain stability during flight.