Software Engineer2016 - 2019Zalando SE
Technologies: MySQL, AWS DynamoDB, Cassandra, Redis, Java
- Implemented a Cassandra token store that served as a temporary solution to solve a Redis issue we had at that time.
- Improved performance and design issues that led to a 30% reduction in costs for servers.
- Implemented the tracking of business events, which helped us to measure key metrics and improve stability.
- Created a newsletter hash login with AES algorithm.
- Integrated with FedEx and Colissimo services (pickup, point, and return).
Software Engineer2018 - 2018Acupic (via Toptal)
- Fixed issues in the existing web application and prepare it to go live.
- Improved code quality by reducing duplicated files and code and introducing a version control system that previous developers didn't use.
- Implemented necessary changes, which ensured that the application is working smoothly in web-view (mobile application).
PHP Developer2017 - 2017Scrappygram (via Toptal)
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), AWS, PostgreSQL, PHP
- Implemented a class that is responsible for uploading and downloading files to S3 (AWS).
- Fixed the bug using SendGrid SDK on Heroku (the mbstring extension was missing on Heroku).
- Created guidelines and a development roadmap.
- Fixed security issues on an existing implementation.
- Improved the testing process for the API.
Software Engineer2015 - 2016Dilax Intelcom
Technologies: PostgreSQL, Angular, Scala, Java
- Implemented an algorithm to efficiently generate sensor data (Scala).
- Contributed to the development of the back end in Java (Spring) for Dilax's people counting software.
- Participated in developing the front end in AngularJS for Dilax's people counting software.
- Participated in the knowledge transfer when Dilax Intelcom acquired the company 42Reports, which allowed for a simpler process during the acquisition.
- Improved two internal software solutions written in Java (Spring).
Software Engineer2014 - 2015Symfony
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), MapReduce, Hadoop, AWS, StarCluster, Redis, MySQL, Cassandra, Python, Java
- Developed a Hadoop MapReduce for Epinomics, which allowed them to efficiently store DNA sequences in Cassandra.
- Built a Python pipeline on top of Luigi which allowed the Epinomics team to analyze the data faster.
- Automated the process of creating a cluster on AWS on top of StarCluster and starting various jobs, which lowered costs and increased efficiency.
- Developed the back end for Epigenomics web application which is used by Bioinformatics engineers to track analyses of DNA and helped them to analyze the data.
Software Engineer2013 - 2014Izum Web
- Developed a module that interacted with third-party solutions to provide nearest Danish post offices based on ZIP code.
- Built a module that allows shop owners to easily manage ePay transactions.
- Implemented a web service to synchronize stock between a physical store and online webshop.
- Participated in developing various eCommerce websites.
Software Engineer2012 - 2013LucidLinx
Technologies: MySQL, ASP.NET, C#
- Contributed to the development of an algorithm that was able to generate math tasks for kids based on their previous test results.
- Participated in developing the back-end part of a web application that allows children to test their knowledge and, based on test results, provide exercises for improvement.