Founder | Lead Developer2017 - PRESENTThe Development Suite Limited
- Served as a lead developer and consultant for various high end retail clients on a freelance/contract basis.
- Oversaw a full Magento 2 build and data migration, including the development of over 20 modules covering ERP integration, warehouse integration, subscriptions, bespoke promotions, and custom integration (unique to the cruise/spa industry).
- Worked as part of a fully remote team for a large retail client—growing sales over 200% year on year in the US. The development work included ERP integrations (Dynamics 365, Epicor, and custom) and many Magento extensions.
- Supported front-end developers in the build of Magento themes and features.
- Built a CI/CD pipeline for two Magento clients which included automated deployments using Docker, Bash scripting, Jenkins, and PHP.
- Implemented a performance analysis along with scaling and supporting the tech stack and hosting environment.
- Designed and built a data warehouse and reporting suite for Magento using Google Data and integrated it with Talend.
- Consulted on the architecture, integration patterns, mappings, and quality for a digital re-platform project.
- Maintained a legacy Magento platform during the re-platform process.
IT Development Manager2015 - 2017Liz Earle Beauty Co Ltd
- Responsible for the design and architecture of all services and software developed—primarily the eCommerce platform, .NET line of business systems, and integration services.
- Managed a cross-functional team of 12 (full-time and contract) covering an eCommerce platform (Magento), .NET applications, integration services, and business intelligence (remote and on-site).
- Lead the eCommerce development team on the Magento platform and LAMP stack applications. Developed new features across the front and back end, integration projects, and ongoing maintenance.
- Worked closely with senior business stakeholders, suppliers, third parties on varied projects from digital platforms, eCommerce to warehouse management and call center applications.
- Designed and developed a suite of standardized integration services (REST) over key legacy systems.
- Transformed legacy systems into modern fit-for-purpose replacements.
Web Solutions Lead2013 - 2015Liz Earle Beauty Co Ltd
- Led the eCommerce development team on the Magento platform and LAMP stack applications.
- Drove the delivery of multiple upgrades and enhancements to the site and its infrastructure—maintaining an excellent level of service in tandem with significant growth in traffic and conversions.
- Built and deployed Magento websites to several new geographical markets.
- Oversaw all Magento extension development including CRM integrations, OMS integrations, Promo engine enhancements, custom ERP integrations, payment gateway development, and external CMS integrations.
Web Solutions Developer2008 - 2013Liz Earle Beauty Co Ltd
- Oversaw the digital re-platform project from a bespoke site over to Magento.
- Tracked and fixed bugs across all LAMP applications.
- Developed modules for a variety of business and marketing needs.
Information Manager2003 - 2008St. Vincent College
Technologies: MySQL, PHP, HTML
- Performed a reporting-and-data analysis for all college requirements including management reporting, funding reports, and statistical analysis.
- Designed and developed online services including online attendance registers, a virtual learning environment, and a management information portal.
- Responsible for database administration on a mixed technology stack including SQL Server, MySQL, and Oracle.