Software Engineer in VR Interaction2013 - 2015Leap Motion
Technologies: C++, C#, Unity, Unreal Engine
- Learned the internal data pipeline, added functionality to the core code, and exposed it to the client API.
- Prototyped and developed an intuitive camera system based on potential isosurfaces of dynamically modified meshes. Applied it in our Freeform application.
- Worked with our internal platform code and attempted to understand characteristics of the real-world sensor data and attempted to optimize performance of current algorithms.
- Developed a physically based VR interaction prototype using a third-party physics engine.
- Developed an in-house kinematic rigid-body engine with higher-level logic aimed to allow intuitive interaction with virtual objects.
- Prototyped an interaction API & developed a managed-code Unity plugin to interact with our native C++ interaction library.
- Prototyped a 3D physical hand interaction mechanic for an external project & provided support.
- Developed a scene-creation prototype that focused on improved precision and feel of hand interaction.
- Led and developed a C++/Blueprint plugin for the Unreal Engine.
Cloud Solutions Engineer2012 - 2013
- Worked in a cross-functional team focused on evangelizing and bringing our cloud infrastructure to users.
- Learned and built reference solutions using the Google App Engine and a Google Compute Engine.
- Tested and gave feedback on experimental Client APIs. Quick-started on web development technologies.
- Prototyped a tool for managing a high-availability LAMP stack cluster deployed on GCE.
Professional Service and Developer Relations Engineer2011 - 2012Havok US
Technologies: C++, Havok
- Ported a gameplay physics functionality between engine generations for a key customer.
- Specialized in AI technology for nav-mesh generation, path-finding, avoidance steering.
- Consulted an MMO developer on runtime NavMesh editing with eventual consistency across servers.
- Prototyped a topography-aware squad behavior customizable with formation templates.
- Focused on immediate customer support.
Junior and Senior Software Engineer in Game Physics2004 - 2011Havok
Technologies: C++, Havok
- Specialized in core physics simulation and collision detection technology.
- Delivered complex performance-critical technologies while working in small teams.
- Assisted our customer support and pre-sales engineers on issues requiring in-depth knowledge of our technology.
- Performed on-site visits with our customers tackling tough technical problems.
- Worked intensively on the very core of our physics engine. Gained broad knowledge of our codebase, debugging or improving unfamiliar code with minimal guidance.
- Co-architected and co-developed Continuous Physics technology.
- Re-engineered the engine's internals to improve its stability and eliminate potential crashes in inappropriate or untested engine's use.
- Co-architected and co-implemented system-wide changes improving the engine’s computational performance and memory access patterns.
- Developed a high-precision constraint solver that adapted our engine for physics-driven character animation use.
- Re-engineered internal collision detection and dynamics simulation procedures for better numerical stability.
- Co-architected and co-implemented a Havok's port onto multi-threading platforms.
- Implemented elements of our engine for PlayStations 3's vector processing units.
- Created technology and a showcase demo for dynamic fracture of bodies.
- Co-developed a prototype of networked physics simulation.
- Prototyped a structural integrity solver used to simulate destructible scenes.
- Extended our destruction-simulation framework with changeable bodies keeping the architecture simple and avoiding performance hits.
- Optimized the performance and the memory footprint of collision detection structures for polygon meshes.
- Prototyped and implemented improvements of numerical stability of our constraint solver and quality of continuous movement simulation.