Verified Expert in Engineering
Adrian is a C++ engineer specializing in 3D math, geometric modeling, real-time physics simulation, and collision detection. He earned an M.Sc.Eng. in computer science, specializing in the design of CAD/CAM systems. For over eight years, he's prototyped and developed core tech for Havok, a leading provider of game solutions. He's touched on cloud solutions at Google and researched into methods and the feel of interactions in VR at Leap Motion.
C#, Unity, Visual Studio
The most amazing...
...work I've built was a continuous physics framework with predictive collision detection, localized motion constraint solving, and a redesigned runtime database.
Physics Engine Engineer and Architect
- Prototyped and implemented a custom physics engine for Poly Bridge 2, a bridge-building simulator, a community-driven construction sandbox, and a sequel to a game that sold nearly 3 million copies.
- Contributed to deterministic simulation and gameplay, a feature praised by players; seamless integration of rigid-body physics with point-mass representation used for bridge elements; and hybrid solving method that efficiently dampens internal oscillations.
- Worked on the solver operating at dual frequency, with high-frequency solving of bridge construction, lower-frequency contact handling, and quasi-continuous collision detection for fast-moving objects based on speculative contact points.
Software Engineer in VR Interaction
- Learned the internal data pipeline, added functionality to the core code, and exposed it to the client API.
- Prototyped and developed an intuitive camera system based on potential isosurfaces of dynamically modified meshes. Applied it in our Freeform application.
- Worked with our internal platform code and attempted to understand characteristics of the real-world sensor data and attempted to optimize performance of current algorithms.
- Developed a physically based VR interaction prototype using a third-party physics engine.
- Developed an in-house kinematic rigid-body engine with higher-level logic aimed to allow intuitive interaction with virtual objects.
- Prototyped an interaction API & developed a managed-code Unity plugin to interact with our native C++ interaction library.
- Prototyped a 3D physical hand interaction mechanic for an external project & provided support.
- Developed a scene-creation prototype that focused on improved precision and feel of hand interaction.
- Led and developed a C++/Blueprint plugin for the Unreal Engine.
Cloud Solutions Engineer
- Worked in a cross-functional team focused on evangelizing and bringing our cloud infrastructure to users.
- Learned and built reference solutions using the Google App Engine and a Google Compute Engine.
- Tested and gave feedback on experimental Client APIs. Quick-started on web development technologies.
- Prototyped a tool for managing a high-availability LAMP stack cluster deployed on GCE.
Professional Service and Developer Relations Engineer
- Ported a gameplay physics functionality between engine generations for a key customer.
- Specialized in AI technology for nav-mesh generation, path-finding, avoidance steering.
- Consulted an MMO developer on runtime NavMesh editing with eventual consistency across servers.
- Prototyped a topography-aware squad behavior customizable with formation templates.
- Focused on immediate customer support.
Junior and Senior Software Engineer in Game Physics
- Specialized in core physics simulation and collision detection technology.
- Delivered complex performance-critical technologies while working in small teams.
- Assisted our customer support and pre-sales engineers on issues requiring in-depth knowledge of our technology.
- Performed on-site visits with our customers tackling tough technical problems.
- Worked intensively on the very core of our physics engine. Gained broad knowledge of our codebase, debugging or improving unfamiliar code with minimal guidance.
- Co-architected and co-developed Continuous Physics technology.
- Re-engineered the engine's internals to improve its stability and eliminate potential crashes in inappropriate or untested engine's use.
- Co-architected and co-implemented system-wide changes improving the engine’s computational performance and memory access patterns.
- Developed a high-precision constraint solver that adapted our engine for physics-driven character animation use.
- Re-engineered internal collision detection and dynamics simulation procedures for better numerical stability.
- Co-architected and co-implemented a Havok's port onto multi-threading platforms.
- Implemented elements of our engine for PlayStations 3's vector processing units.
- Created technology and a showcase demo for dynamic fracture of bodies.
- Co-developed a prototype of networked physics simulation.
- Prototyped a structural integrity solver used to simulate destructible scenes.
- Extended our destruction-simulation framework with changeable bodies keeping the architecture simple and avoiding performance hits.
- Optimized the performance and the memory footprint of collision detection structures for polygon meshes.
- Prototyped and implemented improvements of numerical stability of our constraint solver and quality of continuous movement simulation.
Qverty Software Studiohttp://qverty.com
C++ Code Samplehttps://github.com/gasnica/CodeSample
Unity, Swagger, Unity3D, Unreal Engine
Microsoft Visual Studio, Visual Studio, Google Compute Engine (GCE)
Windows, Oculus Rift, Google App Engine, Vuforia
3D Math, HTC Vive, Computational Geometry, Optimization, Multithreading, Virtual Reality (VR), Middleware, Game Development, Physics Simulations, Physics, Game Physics, Mathematics, Simulation Engines, Simulations, collision detection, Ray Casting, mesh operations, Algebra, Numerical Methods, Linear Algebra, Artificial Intelligence (AI), 3D Visualization, Havok, Augmented Reality (AR), Game Design, 3D, Geometry
Master of Science Degree in Computer Science, Design of CAD/CAM Systems
Warsaw University of Technology - Warsaw, Poland
How to Work with Toptal
Toptal matches you directly with global industry experts from our network in hours—not weeks or months.
Share your needs
Choose your talent
Start your risk-free talent trial
Top talent is in high demand.Start hiring