Verified Expert in Engineering
Adrien is a software engineer specialized in virtual reality. He is a passionate developer ready to solve problems and overcome every challenge. He has experience in different environments, from Airbus and medtech startups to a cancer research lab. His strength is being adaptable to any setting while listening closely to the client's needs to fulfill them efficiently.
Unity, Virtual Reality (VR), C#
The most amazing...
...thing I've developed for a French startup is a high-fidelity surgical simulator in VR, including connected tools.
- Developed a high-fidelity surgical simulator in VR, including the connected tools.
- Introduced Scrum methodology and used Asana as a project management tool.
- Wrote calibration algorithms to reconcile virtual and real worlds (connected tools).
Architect | Lead Developer
- Prototyped an aircraft assembly 3D simulator in Unity, including a VR module.
- Developed a planning tool to help the production, including a Covid module to anticipate saturated zones.
- Demonstrated the tools to other company employees dozens of times, from the technicians to the top-level managers.
- Developed three VR applications for meditation and pain relief.
- Published the apps on Android low-end platforms such as Oculus Go and smartphones, which required a lot of optimization.
- Managed the project in terms of features and bugs using Scrum methodology with Trello.
CRUK Cambridge Institute
- Developed the fastest CRISPR-Cas9 off-target tracker tool and named it Crisflash.
- Used Crisflash in cancer research to identify patterns in CRISPR-Cas9 off-target sites in human genomes.
- Published a paper about Crisflash as the first author. The paper can be found at https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/30649181/.
VR Surgical Simulator
The goal was to deliver a high-fidelity app exclusively designed for the client, a major global medtech, for them to provide relevant training to surgeons willing to use their medical kits.
I was in charge of developing 75% of the surgical acts (45 minutes of content) and the calibration algorithms for reconciling the real and virtual worlds—mixed reality. The team was composed of up to four developers working with the Scrum methodology.
Avatar Simulation Toolhttp://bit.ly/3bzGsyl
Started the project as the only developer, and the team grew to 5-6 developers. I was in charge of the architecture and orchestrated the development sprints using the Scrum methodology.
Although the project is confidential, the enclosed URL provides you with an article (in French) about the project, its regional associates, and its transnational funding.
Git, Blender, Asana, CATIA, Trello
Virtual Reality (VR), HTC Vive, Serious Games, Data Analysis, Multithreading, Algorithms, Augmented Reality (AR), Motion Capture, Game AI, Mixed Reality (MR)
C#, C++, C, Python, SQL, R, Bash
Scrum, Data Science
Project Management, Bioinformatics
Master's Degree in Computer Science
Centrale Nantes - Nantes, France
How to Work with Toptal
Toptal matches you directly with global industry experts from our network in hours—not weeks or months.
Share your needs
Choose your talent
Start your risk-free talent trial
Top talent is in high demand.Start hiring