Design Engineer and Technical Project Lead2016 - 2016Hawaii Permanente Medical Group
- Developed a strategy to secure web applications during technology transformation.
- Created a Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA)-compliant cybersecurity strategy for PHI data post-application deployment.
- Oversaw that over 5,100 internal web-services would be able to certify for PHI safety and HIPAA compliance.
Distinguished Researcher and Chief Technology Officer2005 - 2015Trustifier Inc.
- Designed and developed Trustifier KSE, the world's first commercial-off-the-shelf (COTS)-distributed security reference monitor for Linux and Windows kernels. It was used by financial institutes and aerospace and defense sector clients worldwide.
- Designed and developed Trustifier Fahrenheit, a zero-trust web application firewall.
- Managed a professional organization of 35 software engineers and marketing and sales professionals that provided cyber security technology products to the defense sector in North American, European, and Australasian nations.
Lead Software Engineer and System Architect2002 - 2015Trustifier Inc.
- Designed and developed Trustifier, a defense-grade security system for commercial use, which protects information systems from the insider-threat.
- Built the company from $1 to $150 million valuation. Created revenue from $0 to $5 million monthly recurring revenue (MRR).
- Managed this system that is being used to protect sensitive data around the globe, from intellectual property in a company to financial data in a government department. Trustifier boasts the protection of Harry Potter® manuscripts.
Cybersecurity Consulting2014 - 2014F50 Corporation
- Provided multi-tier consulting to the C-Suite in a $100 million post-cyber-incident activity.
- Guided, advised, and supported the board of directors and C-level management on cyber security incident impact control, including public relations, customer relationship management, employee relationship management, and technology impact control.
- Developed a robust cyber-security post-incidence response program across the enterprise.
- Liaised between the cyber-audit team and C-level stakeholders. Educated and oversaw support for the board of directors.
- Saved the organization several million dollars by guiding cyber insurance.
Device Security Lead2012 - 2013Mobile Devices Manufacturer
- Provided engineering and compliance consulting to the engineering teams on building secure mobile devices to the specifications accepted by the USDoD.
- Developed a fully compliant semi-formal specification that withstood DIACAP MAC-1 compliance for hardware.
- Developed one of the fastest D2M ATO processes in a multi-tenancy mobile appliance.
Project Manager and Lead Software Engineer2001 - 2002Natural Resources Canada
Technologies: Linux, C++, HPUX, C, Front-end, APIs, SQL, Electronic Sensors, Hardware, Unix, Vim Text Editor, z/OS, IPv4, Back-end, MySQL, OOO, DevOps, Architecture, Python 3, Roadmaps
- Deployed SnapLinux in a data-warehousing configuration to collect, coordinate, and record large quantities of real-time GPS correction data.
- Improved the system to be graded to back up over 1.2 billion GPS corrections per hour in real time.
- Oversaw design, development, and production of the entire system.
Software Design Engineer and Technical Project Lead1999 - 2000National Research Council Canada
Technologies: Perl, C++, C, Oracle, Oracle 11i, OS390, z/OS, Solaris, HPUX, Windows Server 2000, Microsoft Visual C++, Assembler, Device Drivers, Printer Drivers, OCR, Barcode Library, Full-stack Development, Front-end, APIs, SQL, Hardware, Unix, Microsoft Assembly x86 (MASM), Vim Text Editor, IPv4, Back-end, Job Schedulers, Exports, MySQL, OOO, DevOps, Architecture, Roadmaps
- Designed, developed, implemented, deployed, and supported an extensive document generation system with underlying event management architecture.
- Created and oversaw the implementation of the entire system, including the protocol to control, guide, and coordinate the activities of over one hundred personnel.
- Increased the efficiency by decreasing processing time from two hours to a four-second response time with the new environment working over three hundred different task-specific workstations and twelve real-time servers.
- Increased revenue from a loss of $25,000 per week to a net profit of $150,000 per week.
Software Design Engineer and Technical Project Lead1998 - 1998Nortel Corporation, Canada
Technologies: VRML, Perl, Bash, C++, C, GNU Make, GNU Guile, APIs, Hardware, Unix, Vim Text Editor, Multicast, IPv4, Back-end, Exports, OOO, DevOps, Architecture, Roadmaps
- Redesigned a complex CAD document transformation system from 500,000 to 10,000 lines of code.
- Saved the customer over $1 million per month in processing CAD information and reduced compute costs by a factor of 30.
- Redesigned and re-engineered legacy mainframe code in record time and guided the entire team to deliver the project one month before the deadline, saving the customer an additional $8 million in potential penalties.
Design Engineer and Technical Project Lead1996 - 1996Natural Resources Canada
Technologies: HPUX, Solaris, Linux, Multicast, IPv4, X.25, C, APIs, SQL, Hardware, Motor Control, Unix, Vim Text Editor, Back-end, Exports, OOO, DevOps, Architecture, Roadmaps
- Developed a custom protocol gateway from X.25 over to IP over frame-relay.
- Oversaw design, development, testing, and production of a large real-time network upgrade.
- Managed to deliver the best ROI in the history of Canadian public sector projects with a 1,000x return over 15 years.
Project Manager and Lead Software Engineer1994 - 1995Natural Resources Canada
Technologies: C, HPUX, Linux, Flex, Yacc, Bison, Assembler, PA-RISC, Full-stack Development, APIs, SQL, Hardware, Motor Control, Vim Text Editor, IPv4, Back-end, Exports, OOO, Roadmaps
- Implemented the first generation of secure data delivery interfaces in MaxTran ELSI/BDL for GPS data correction information.
- Established standards for and deployed Canada's first Linux-based environments for the first time in Canadian Federal Government.
- Deployed the then-largest, real-time data collection and redistribution network with under 1-minute latency from the arctic circle down to the Gulf of Mexico.