Verified Expert in Engineering
Software Architect and Developer
Ahmed is a hands-on solutions architect with 20+ years of experience in E2E, object-oriented, distributed software development and architecture for medical services, investment banks, capital markets, governments, insurers, and utilities, including Allianz, Citi, Deloitte, McKesson, and Scotiabank. Ahmed adds value via software delivery methods, including RUP, SDLC, and Agile; a deep understating of .NET technologies; and his breadth and depth of knowledge about business functions and processes.
Windows, .NET 5, .NET 4, C#, Azure, SQL
The most amazing...
...experience at ATI Technologies was my involvement in developing the largest shippable .NET application at the time, with around 5 million new users every month.
- Designed, architected, and developed FROST, an enterprise application for the forensic identification services within the Peel regional police. The application helps detectives manage, analyze, and store forensic evidence on crime scenes.
- Documented the solution architecture and design and presented the solution to the technical architecture committee.
- Served as a technical architect for McKesson, ranked number six on the Fortune 500, and one of the largest providers of medicines, pharmaceutical supplies, and healthtech products and services in the world.
- Led and drove application development, using the Agile methodology, for a complete revamp of Nexxsys, one of the most complex pharmacy management systems in North America.
- Developed key modules, using service-oriented architecture (SOA), microservices, .NET 4.7, .NET Core 3.1, WPF, C# 8.0, MVVM, LINQ, Prism framework, SAP Sybase SQL Anywhere 16.0, Entity Framework, Dapper, SQL Reporting RDLC, Telerik Controls, and TFS.
- Participated in evaluating application architecture solutions in order to verify their design and ensure their adaptability to McKesson systems and policies.
- Proposed modifications to the system design and integration rules and developed application frameworks and services.
- Served as a technical architect for Citigroup, one of the largest multinational investment banks and financial services companies in the world, with around 200 million customer accounts and clients around the globe.
- Enhanced the technical features of Citi Velocity 2.0, an industry-leading, multifaceted trading system that provides a high-performance framework to support all major market asset classes: foreign exchange, rates, futures, derivatives, and equities.
- Designed and developed a new feature of Citi Velocity 2.0, using SOA, microservices, .NET Core 3.0/2.0, .NET 4.7, WPF, C# 8.0, MVVM, LINQ, Prism framework, WCF, RESTful services, Microsoft SQL Server, and Reactive Extensions.
- Discussed, interpreted, and implemented requirements with business and technology users, performed demos of completed iterations, and participated in group design discussions with the enterprise solutions architect team.
- Performed peer code reviews and mentored junior team members.
- Served as a solution architect in the risk management IT (RMIT) department within Scotiabank global wholesale marketing, which focuses on the consolidation of risk and managing risk limits in capital markets, commodities, and fixed derivatives.
- Led the overall design and development of LAMS, an application that computes risk limits used by floor traders and monitors and reports limit utilization on a daily basis.
- Developed the LAMS application with SOA, .NET Core 2.0, .NET 4.5, WPF, C#, microservices, Windows Azure Service Bus (ESB), Windows Azure Clouds, JSON, MVVM, LINQ, Caliburn Micro, WCF Services, Rx.NET, Oracle, Crystal Reports 2016, GIT, and WCAG 2.0.
- Designed functional technology solutions by identifying all the architecture artifacts and concerns according to the organization reference model for planning, defining, and developing business-driven workflows.
- Collaborated with stakeholders and business analysts to design solutions and provide root cause analyses related to issues.
- Participated in code walkthroughs, design sessions, and development of proofs of concepts.
Allianz Global Assistance
- Served as a solutions architect for Allianz Global Assistance, a world leader in the travel insurance and assistance sector. According to a composite measure by Forbes magazine, Allianz is the world's largest insurance and financial services company.
- Designed and developed a module that learns the patterns of underwriting claims, using real-time data series through machine learning. This resulted in an approximate 30% increased savings for insurance underwriters.
- Performed hands-on development, using microservices, .NET Core 2.0, ML.NET, ASP.NET, Angular, responsive web design, HTML5, CSS3, MVC, Web API, WCF, REST, Microsoft SQL Server, artificial intelligence, and machine learning.
Land and Resources Cluster (Government)
- Developed, hosted, and maintained AgriSuite, an AODA-compliant website and implemented enhancements to the nutrient management system application to support the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).
- Assessed, designed, and developed the accessibility changes to meet the WCAG 2.0 Level AA guidelines, and extensively tested it against the AODA standard, using the NVDA screen reader.
- Developed the application using Microsoft Silverlight 5, .NET, C#, Visual Studio 2013/2015, MVVM, XAML, and Team Foundation Server.
- Served as a solutions architect for Deloitte, the largest professional services network in the world by revenue and by the number of professionals, providing audit, tax, consulting, enterprise risk, and financial advisory.
- Designed the overall architecture and led the development of offshore and onshore teams to build CRFR, a smart client application for complex financial statement reporting used by Deloitte practitioners across Canada.
- Led development of CRFR using SOA, .NET 4.5, .NET Core 1.1, C#, WPF, Prism, microservices architecture, JSON, Dockers, Docker Compose, Kubernetes, Azure, Windows Azure Service Bus (ESB), SharePoint, RESTful WCF Services, OData, and Entity Framework.
- Mentored the development team to enhance development guidelines and ensue proper adherence to WCAG 2.0 standards.
CRFR at Deloitte
The team developed the system using SOA, .NET 4.5, .NET Core 1.1, C#, WPF, Prism, microservices architecture, JSON, Dockers, Docker Compose, Kubernetes, Windows Azure Clouds, Windows Azure Service Bus (ESB), SharePoint 2013, RESTful WCF Services, OData, Entity Framework 4.1, Telerik Controls, Unit Tests, SQL Server 2012, and TFS.
The project was delivered on time and on budget, and the new system cut the time to produce a finical statement for a small shop from six hours to 20 minutes.
C#, HTML, HTML5, SQL
.NET 5, .NET 4, ASP.NET MVC, ASP.NET, .NET Core, Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF), ASP.NET Core, ASP.NET Core MVC, Angular, Entity 6, Entity Framework Core, .NET, Entity
Web API, Entity Framework
MS Silverlight, Prism, TFS, Dapper
Microservices, Model View Viewmodel (MVVM), Service-oriented Architecture (SOA), Agile Software Development, Agile
Windows, Azure, Oracle, Docker, Kubernetes
Software Design, Software Development, AODA Compliance, WCAG 2, RESTful Microservices, Software Engineering, ML.NET, Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence (AI)
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science
King Fahd University of Petroleum and Minerals (KFUPM) - Dhahran, Saudi Arabia