Verified Expert in Engineering
Ahmet is a developer with a knack for getting the most out of the Android ecosystem. Since 2018, he's delivered multiple Android apps for startups, mid-level companies, big corporations like Reddit and Huawei Technologies, and in a range of industries, including an app for an Australian medical company. Thanks to exemplary communication skills and a love of teamwork, Ahmet can deliver a project both solo and with a team. Ahmet's focus is on software architecture and Android in general.
MacOS, Slack, Jira
The most amazing...
...projects I've done were the Reddit app as a core developer, the app gallery of Tuttur, a top-five sports betting app in Turkey, and an internal Huawei app.
- Worked on the comments page section of the Android app.
- Developed the new full-bleed video player on Android that was recently released.
- Contributed to the live RPAN section of the Android app. Added new UI features and improved code quality.
- Involved in fixing existing bugs, adding unit tests to legacy code, and developing new features.
Mid-senior Android Developer
- Collaborated with a client based in Australia to build a businesses review app mixed with TikTok-like video features. The app is currently live in the Play Store and used by thousands of users.
- Developed and released the biggest live and future betting features with little to no handover for Tuttur, a top-five sports betting app in Turkey; currently live in the Play Store and used by thousands of users.
- Joined the project after their main developer left and rescued it. Took over an 80,000 LOC codebase, fixed several stability bugs, and added pending feature requests without delaying the new release launch date.
React Native Contractor
- Developed a React Native application designed to help patients diagnosed with epilepsy track their health data on the app. The app works via Bluetooth Low Energy and WebSocket connection with a computer hub.
- Delivered the application within two months and continued to support by catching and fixing bugs for an extra month.
- Added more features upon request as extra contracts and released those as well.
Mid-level Android Developer
Huawei Technologies Co.
- Built various features—including task management functionalities, employee progress tracking, and more detailed on-site information display—for an enterprise task management app used by onsite Huawei employees.
- Hit the ground running when I joined and delivered two features in two weeks, as well as monitoring bugs and crashes and then fixing them with the Microsoft TFS tool; these were used globally at different branches in Huawei.
- Mentored and helped junior developers to become accustomed to the codebase.
Junior Android Developer
- Developed four enterprise apps for a security firm; each application had a specific role: attendance, surveys for guards, to-do lists for guards, and a tour patrol for the guards respectively.
- Built and launched the apps from the ground up, tracked crashes through Firebase Crashlytics and bugs by manual testing, fixed those problems, and then released new versions; as a junior developer, handled the whole process.
- Delivered enterprise apps that were released with certificates only to be used by the enterprises' employees. The apps had successful launches and were used effectively for attendance, guards surveys, guard to-do lists, and tour patrols.
- Acted as a lead Android developer responsible for analyzing, designing, and coding Android applications from the ground up.
- Contributed to the development of multiple native Android applications and successfully released four of them to the Play Store in a span of 1.5 years.
- Worked with clients directly to extract specifications and translate those into code.
I was the Android core developer on this project and was responsible for releasing the main betting features.
Franki Seeing is Believinghttps://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.frankiapp&hl=en_CA&gl=US
I worked as an Android developer on this project and implemented the Foursquare integration and business profile details, attributions, and media (photos and videos).
Glide, Dagger 2, React Native, Redux, Mockito
Retrofit 2, Butterknife, Android Architecture Components, RxJava 2, Vue, Foursquare API, Flexbox
Slack, TFS, Jira, Android Jetpack, Gradle
Model View Viewmodel (MVVM), Model View Presenter (MVP), Object-oriented Design (OOD), Unit Testing
MacOS, Firebase, Bluetooth LE, Android
Firebase Realtime Database, Cloud Firestore
APIs, English, Programming, OOP Designs, Maps, Push Notifications, CI/CD Pipelines, DSBridge, WebSockets, MockK
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Engineering
Istanbul Aydin University - Istanbul, Turkey
Mobile Gaming Certificate
How to Work with Toptal
Toptal matches you directly with global industry experts from our network in hours—not weeks or months.
Share your needs
Choose your talent
Start your risk-free talent trial
Top talent is in high demand.Start hiring