- Senior Software EngineerTarget2016 - 2017
Technologies: Java, JUnit, Spring, MongoDB, AngularJS, Jasmine, Protractor
- Developed an assortment data-filtering tool which utilized memorization for caching commonly queried data using AngularJS.
- Created REST service endpoints in Java and Spring that provided forecasting data for product assortments.
- Refactored and migrated a coupled front-end codebase (jQuery and AngularJS) into a reusable and tested AngularJS app which improved scalability and code longevity.
- Led a comprehensive AngularJS 1.2 awareness course for interested engineers which included senior engineers as well as architects to further promote deep understanding around AngularJS topics such as the digest cycle, controllers, views, services, states, unit testing, and more.
- Led a ten-week Clean Code (Robert C. Martin) book club to promote robust code production and maintainability. Some of key topics covered were the single responsibility and open/closed principles, objects vs data structures, and how they play their roles in procedural vs OO design, and more. These were important subjects as it allowed our team to write more concise and easier-to-understand code/tests as a result of the modularization and decoupling of our code base.
- Designed migration plan from AngularJS to Angular 2.
- Software Engineer | ArchitectSky Walker | Minneapolis Skyways2015 - 2016
Technologies: Swfit, Google Places API
- Designed and developed a skyway navigation app for the skyways of downtown Minneapolis (in total 13 miles long).
- Handled the numerous design challenges presented in the app design and came up with a number of innovative solutions. More details can be found in my portfolio.
- Software EngineerThomson Reuters2012 - 2016
Technologies: Java, Groovy, JUnit, Mockito, Spring, Hibernate, AngularJS, MySQL
- Ensured data consistency across local and external databases by developing automated content audits which provided saving costs in manual labor with an internal rate of return of 68.3% over 5 years.
- Developed a content search tool with content management functionalities such as filtering and pagination in AngularJS.
- Built REST endpoints that provided legal document data via Groovy which utilized Spring and Hibernate frameworks.
- Completely migrated the front-end of an old legacy application which used Java Server Pages and now it uses AngularJS.
- Built new content management applications (included marshalling and batched content audits) as part of a team using OO best practices and Agile methodologies to create a maintainable and reusable code base which provided content management functionalities for multiple groups of internal clients.
- Performed code reviews and provided feedback for colleagues throughout different projects on a regular basis.
- Collaboratively gathered requirements from multiple groups of internal clients through sprint planning meetings; also demoed at sprint review meetings.